Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I'm with Rev.

The message really is this - it could be today, tomorrow or another thousand years - just make sure you are ready.
Oh, I'm ready.....and I hope it's soon. I miss my son.

Later.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:10 PM

That's awesome man - I know that it can seem weird but really we all yearn for God to end it, end the suffering and bring us back to him.

Judgement is scary but we should look forward to it.

Will be cool to see your son - you will have to tell me more about him - over PM if you want.

Jon
Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
what if he said a certain year, as in sometime in 2012, for sure.
I would be very skeptical. Although Jesus speaks about knowing the season of his return in Luke 21, narrowing it down to a particular year is quite a declaration.

I definitely believe we are living in very interesting times to say the least, and Christians cannot deny that fact, but to assert that Jesus' return is several months away.............I don't think such a claim can be made.

Harold Camping predicts May 21, 2011.

http://www.wecanknow.com/
Old 02-24-2011, 04:33 PM

yeah i prolly shouldn't do this but i can tell you what made me wonder....

chuck smith predicted it would be 1981, so it just made me curious
Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Crisco

Quote:
yeah i prolly shouldn't do this but i can tell you what made me wonder....

chuck smith predicted it would be 1981, so it just made me curious
He's since admitted he was wrong and adjusted himself to the belief that no one knows the date or time.

31 years ago homes.

Try again.

It's ovbious your taking stabs at him now. You didn't need to specify who you where talking about the conversation was over and then you do your grand reveal.

Stop trying to tear down other Christians for past mistakes.

Last edited by Crisco; 02-24-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Crisco

Also the reason why we need to know the season is because of the anti-christ. The arrival of the anti-christ needs to be timed but satan doesn't even know the exact date or time so the season was made available by God.

Makes you wonder how it will all function out.

Is someone specifically born to be the anti-Christ or do they become the anti-christ when the situation presents itself.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Also the reason why we need to know the season is because of the anti-christ. The arrival of the anti-christ needs to be timed but satan doesn't even know the exact date or time so the season was made available by God.

Makes you wonder how it will all function out.

Is someone specifically born to be the anti-Christ or do they become the anti-christ when the situation presents itself.
Scripture does not really verify. However, the orthodox view is that anti-christ will be born because all evil in its fullest strength will be concentrated in the person of the anti-christ. Therefore, the life of the anti-christ cannot admit one moment free from satanic action. It must already appear in the very birth and even in his conception. Which it is believed that anti-christ will be conceived in fornication.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Scripture does not really verify. However, the orthodox view is that anti-christ will be born because all evil in its fullest strength will be concentrated in the person of the anti-christ. Therefore, the life of the anti-christ cannot admit one moment free from satanic action. It must already appear in the very birth and even in his conception. Which it is believed that anti-christ will be conceived in fornication.
Seems more like dogma then scripture that idea...

If you think about it everyone minus those saved by Christ is born with the burden of incredible sin on us. Satan has a hold in every part of our life...

The theory is basically describing any one of us at face value...

I'm thinking since Satan doesn't know when the day or hour will be he always needs certain individuals on stand by. That makes more sense. Satan is playing the same guessing game we are he just has a greater role to play in it then we do.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your answer though how do you feel about my theory?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
i best not say i would get
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
He's since admitted he was wrong and adjusted himself to the belief that no one knows the date or time.

31 years ago homes.

Try again.

It's ovbious your taking stabs at him now. You didn't need to specify who you where talking about the conversation was over and then you do your grand reveal.

Stop trying to tear down other Christians for past mistakes.

told ya
Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Crisco

Quote:
told ya
You knew exactly where you were going.

Don't really understand why your going out of your way to smear someone like Pastor Chuck it's kind of disturbing.