Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Unfortunately for Joe Lauzon, while leaving from his house to rush to his brother's aid, he rolled his ankle, spraining it badly in the process. The injury will force him to the sidelines for at least a week and caused him to miss a planned military goodwill trip to Iraq.
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but I think this is a lame excuse for missing a trip to support our troops. I think our troops deserve better and dealing with a badly sprained ankle shouldn't be asking too much of somebody considering the sacrifices the troops make for us.

My .02 worth.... flame away...
Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but I think this is a lame excuse for missing a trip to support our troops. I think our troops deserve better and dealing with a badly sprained ankle shouldn't be asking too much of somebody considering the sacrifices the troops make for us.

OK.

Actually, I agree. That's pretty lame...a sprained ankle? I mean, lots of our guys are coming home with no legs.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Ick, and all this time I figured Jennifer Lopez shaved her legs...
Old 02-18-2011, 02:52 PM
County Mike

He should have taken Rockdawg's knife fighting class.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Was he expected to fight or anything during that trip? While he should be able to set and sign autographs I doubt him being able to do much else with that ankle!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:32 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

2 CYBER THUMBS WAY UP!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 PM
snakerattle79

good that's nothing serious
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

From my understanding he still plans to go over there and do a meet and greet if he can get a plane. From what I read on his site I think this incident made him miss his original flight for one thing!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
From my understanding he still plans to go over there and do a meet and greet if he can get a plane. From what I read on his site I think this incident made him miss his original flight for one thing!
Good to hear thanks for the news KRB(kentuckyredbone) before I started to think he was a jerk for cancelling I was awaiting to hear the reasons why. Glad he is going and even more glad he is ok.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Good to hear thanks for the news KRB(kentuckyredbone) before I started to think he was a jerk for cancelling I was awaiting to hear the reasons why. Glad he is going and even more glad he is ok.
Your Welcome! Like I said that's what I got from it,providing I understood it right! I think I linked his sight. I looked it up cause I wanted to see if he had anything to say about his plans! I have a hard time believing that any of the currant UFC fighters would deliberately break faith with our Soldiers that way!