Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-18-2011, 08:56 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
same thing really.

so a growing number of you seem to think i'm wrong about Dana's actions and ultimately his true motives in this situation.

i would site my sources but i dont really have any...that alone doesn't prove i'm wrong though....i mean really,since when does anyone need any proof around here.
No, you're right, it doesn't. But when we have sources proving you wrong, that kinda proves you wrong.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
No, you're right, it doesn't. But when we have sources proving you wrong, that kinda proves you wrong.
but where did you get your sources from i ask ?

the Internet maybe ?....we all know you cant rely on anything you read on the web Ben....well unless of course i say its true....silly boy.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
but where did you get your sources from i ask ?

the Internet maybe ?....we all know you cant rely on anything you read on the web Ben....well unless of course i say its true....silly boy.
Give credit where it's due homes.

Dana does good things all the time for people.

DO NOT DISRESPECT THE BALD FATHER!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Rev

LOL. Now over the past 3 years, only a few of us have defended Dana White. Myself and just a VERY few others have stood up for him and not trashed him at every opportunity(I never agreed with everything he does, but I dont trash him). NOW, since Matt shows up and defends him, he is the most popular kid in school and everyone is his buddy. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but, oh well. LOL
Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
LOL. Now over the past 3 years, only a few of us have defended Dana White. Myself and just a VERY few others have stood up for him and not trashed him at every opportunity(I never agreed with everything he does, but I dont trash him). NOW, since Matt shows up and defends him, he is the most popular kid in school and everyone is his buddy. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but, oh well. LOL
I still flame Dana White about a bunch of stuff, and I also give him props for a lot of things too. I just simply said the video is old and this thread is a repost from Sherdog.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I still flame Dana White about a bunch of stuff, and I also give him props for a lot of things too. I just simply said the video is old and this thread is a repost from Sherdog.
Well then I wasnt talking about you brother. Relax, I'm stirring here.
I know you didnt jump ship and didnt expect you to. YOU are one who will stick to his guns no matter what. Thats why I respect you. (plus you are a fellow fan of the "lost" science)
Now who else is gonna get deffensive?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Well then I wasnt talking about you brother. Relax, I'm stirring here.
I know you didnt jump ship and didnt expect you to. YOU are one who will stick to his guns no matter what. Thats why I respect you. (plus you are a fellow fan of the "lost" science)
Now who else is gonna get deffensive?

Not on the defensive at all, just clarifying myself brother.

You made a good point, and thats why I responded. I also agree with Matt that the video is pretty childish and wrong. I never understood why people make video responses like that. Not saying that I'm completely innocent of making immature remarks at times, but to make a youtube video like that? Pretty lame.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Not on the defensive at all, just clarifying myself brother.

You made a good point, and thats why I responded. I also agree with Matt that the video is pretty childish and wrong. I never understood why people make video responses like that. Not saying that I'm completely innocent of making immature remarks at times, but to make a youtube video like that? Pretty lame.
yup
Old 02-19-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
i am one of those very few

i was gonna flame snakerattle in his jim rome thread but it looks like some others took care of it first, i don't mind all the strikeforce propaganda but the ufc hate is stretching a bit

the only thing not said in the jim rome thread was that jim said the ufc is the biggest stage and had the biggest names..... and he is right, debate brocks cred, he is still one of the biggest names, and the not only is the ufc the biggest stage, it is by far the biggest stage

so snakerattle should go back to posting fight vids of the strikeforce fights the day after they happened, i can appreciate that
Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 PM
BamaGrits84

I didn't watch the video. I'm not going to, so my comments are on Dana in general. I think he is an awesome person for MMA. I even think he has done a lot of good philanthropy especially when it comes to bringing attention to military members with head injuries.

But in all honestly he is not someone I want my kids looking up to really. He reminds me of the most amazing movies that are ruined (for me) by nasty language and nude scenes that have nothing to do with the plot. It makes me sick to hear him, or anyone, say GD. My interest in him goes this far: keep providing me entertainment.

On a related but slightly off topic note, has anyone seen the video blog Dana did when him and Chuck went to their first NASCAR race at Talladega? If not you can find it on YouTube. At one point he is shown drinking some Alabama Moonshine that has a proof so high is burns as fast as gas they say. It cuts away right after he takes a drink and the next shot is of him munching out. You can guess what I think he did between taping. Not that I care if he did, I'm just saying it was kind of funny to me.