Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

dana white put mma on the mmap. period.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-18-2011, 02:52 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I love me some DFW.

Dana is the man and I don't care what the haters say. Any dude that shells out 20 grand to save a child he didn't even know is ok in my book.
i'm not a Dana fan at all and things like shelling out 20 grand to save a child and then telling everyone
that it was you who did it is more of a self serving move then a compassionate one,dont get me wrong i think its great he did it...
but i would be more impressed if we found out some other way other then through one of his employees.

the video on the other hand tells me more about the guy who posted it then it does about Dana.
Grade 7 seems to be the best years of his life...so good infact i'm not sure he will ever move on.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 282
Default

thanks Ben.

in one of Dana's blogs he made a bet that he could run a mile on a treadmill faster than someone else. i don't remember the details, but it was for an absurd amount of money. I'm not naive, i know that its common for high rollers to make such bets. when i see this stuff, i always think of how many kids i could have helped with that blown money.

Mr White is kinda like the GOP, he only gets the bad press, the good stuff gets covered up.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i'm not a Dana fan at all and things like shelling out 20 grand to save a child and then telling everyone
that it was you who did it is more of a self serving move then a compassionate one,dont get me wrong i think its great he did it...
but i would be more impressed if we found out some other way other then through one of his employees.


the video on the other hand tells me more about the guy who posted it then it does about Dana.
Grade 7 seems to be the best years of his life...so good infact i'm not sure he will ever move on.
Actually The request to help the kid was posted on a Website first. That guy called Dana out to help. So everyone was watching to see if he as going to step up. It only makes sense that someone would let them know he was helping out. Otherwise the keyboard warriors would be constantly writing "Dana white didn't help. blah blah blah". It's not like Dana posted it on UFC.com
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Waiting for June 6th
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
thanks Ben.

in one of Dana's blogs he made a bet that he could run a mile on a treadmill faster than someone else. i don't remember the details, but it was for an absurd amount of money. I'm not naive, i know that its common for high rollers to make such bets. when i see this stuff, i always think of how many kids i could have helped with that blown money.

Mr White is kinda like the GOP, he only gets the bad press, the good stuff gets covered up.
That;s what happens when the media is full of haters!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Waiting for June 6th
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Actually The request to help the kid was posted on a Website first. That guy called Dana out to help. So everyone was watching to see if he as going to step up. It only makes sense that someone would let them know he was helping out. Otherwise the keyboard warriors would be constantly writing "Dana white didn't help. blah blah blah". It's not like Dana posted it on UFC.com
Exactly. Someone posted it on mma.tv, DW helped him, & then the OP told mma.tv that DW had helped. DW never gave an interview about it, never announced it, never had a press release. He was asked for help & he gave it.
__________________

Last edited by VCURamFan; 02-18-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Correcting the site on which the request was made.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i'm not a Dana fan at all and things like shelling out 20 grand to save a child and then telling everyone
that it was you who did it is more of a self serving move then a compassionate one,dont get me wrong i think its great he did it...
but i would be more impressed if we found out some other way other then through one of his employees. .

Well.. what is it?? Dana told everyone he did it.. or one of his employees?? I don't recall him making any statements about this at all.. and even if he did want to blow his own horn for it.. nothing wrong with that.. "to a degree"... McD spent something