Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-18-2011, 02:25 PM

dana white put mma on the mmap. period.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:52 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I love me some DFW.

Dana is the man and I don't care what the haters say. Any dude that shells out 20 grand to save a child he didn't even know is ok in my book.
i'm not a Dana fan at all and things like shelling out 20 grand to save a child and then telling everyone
that it was you who did it is more of a self serving move then a compassionate one,dont get me wrong i think its great he did it...
but i would be more impressed if we found out some other way other then through one of his employees.

the video on the other hand tells me more about the guy who posted it then it does about Dana.
Grade 7 seems to be the best years of his life...so good infact i'm not sure he will ever move on.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

thanks Ben.

in one of Dana's blogs he made a bet that he could run a mile on a treadmill faster than someone else. i don't remember the details, but it was for an absurd amount of money. I'm not naive, i know that its common for high rollers to make such bets. when i see this stuff, i always think of how many kids i could have helped with that blown money.

Mr White is kinda like the GOP, he only gets the bad press, the good stuff gets covered up.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i'm not a Dana fan at all and things like shelling out 20 grand to save a child and then telling everyone
that it was you who did it is more of a self serving move then a compassionate one,dont get me wrong i think its great he did it...
but i would be more impressed if we found out some other way other then through one of his employees.

the video on the other hand tells me more about the guy who posted it then it does about Dana.
Grade 7 seems to be the best years of his life...so good infact i'm not sure he will ever move on.
Actually The request to help the kid was posted on a Website first. That guy called Dana out to help. So everyone was watching to see if he as going to step up. It only makes sense that someone would let them know he was helping out. Otherwise the keyboard warriors would be constantly writing "Dana white didn't help. blah blah blah". It's not like Dana posted it on UFC.com

[
Old 02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
thanks Ben.

in one of Dana's blogs he made a bet that he could run a mile on a treadmill faster than someone else. i don't remember the details, but it was for an absurd amount of money. I'm not naive, i know that its common for high rollers to make such bets. when i see this stuff, i always think of how many kids i could have helped with that blown money.

Mr White is kinda like the GOP, he only gets the bad press, the good stuff gets covered up.
That;s what happens when the media is full of haters!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Actually The request to help the kid was posted on a Website first. That guy called Dana out to help. So everyone was watching to see if he as going to step up. It only makes sense that someone would let them know he was helping out. Otherwise the keyboard warriors would be constantly writing "Dana white didn't help. blah blah blah". It's not like Dana posted it on UFC.com
Exactly. Someone posted it on mma.tv, DW helped him, & then the OP told mma.tv that DW had helped. DW never gave an interview about it, never announced it, never had a press release. He was asked for help & he gave it.

Last edited by VCURamFan; 02-18-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Correcting the site on which the request was made.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
but i would be more impressed if we found out some other way other then through one of his employees. .

Well.. what is it?? Dana told everyone he did it.. or one of his employees?? I don't recall him making any statements about this at all.. and even if he did want to blow his own horn for it.. nothing wrong with that.. "to a degree"... McD spent something like $500,000 on an ad campaign talking about how they donated 100,000 to local charities... or so I "heard"

I get very tired of people bashing on the guy.. he has a foul mouth.. that's pretty much it... and he draws peoples attention to him.. and him being the "Grand Pooh-Ba" of the biggest and best MMA company in the world.. does nothing but help the sport...
Old 02-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
dana white put mma on the mmap. period.

Welll.. I would say Dana White brought it to the attention of the masses.. which then brought the steamrolling effect.

But of course this goofball I work with says that Dana White is a moron, money hungry and exploits fighters worse than any "Don King"....

Of course he also paid 5 grand to go to Brazil train for 2 months and come back with a BJJ black belt.. and have the nerve to tell me that BJJ came from Brazil and then wants to argue with me when I say .. actually it came from Japan.. and before that.. you can lay legit claims that it came from Okinawa and China.. and if you stretch it.. most martial arts can be traced back to India..

(btw.. I subbed him in a grappling match a few months back... )
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Miss Foxy

He ain't too bad.. I used to not like him at all, but I think he's pretty cool and just has a strong personality. Shoot I would too if I were president of the UFC.. I can't imagine someone with his title acting like a churchmouse or dime store Indian! Dana White speaks and people listen. I just wish he paid the fighters more is all. That part of my feelings is just wanting these guys to be able to comfortably take care of themselves and their families. Especially after they retire.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Crisco

Quote:

Actually Dana didn't tell everyone.

The request was made on mma.tv and the person requesting confirmed that Dana's rep said he would cover the cost.

Dana didn't speak publically about it simply gave the money.