Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Primadawn

Default Pujols deal

Ok Cardinal fans...whaddya think? Will a deal be announced today?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Nope.

If they are so far apart on terms that a deal couldn't be reached by now, it's not gonna just happen overnight because of some self-imposed deadline by Pujols. It may be the most ridiculous deadline I've ever heard of, considering it's highly unlikely that he actually spends the entire season without ever re-discussing a contract extension. If a deal does happen today, it would only be because the Cardinals completely freaked out and caved in, and I doubt that happens. Although the mere thought of seeing him in a Cubs uniform might have them panicking. I wouldn't mind seeing Albert head to Chicago as a member of the White Sox though.

Last edited by J.B.; 02-16-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Maldonado136

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...xtension021611

oh well good thing I'm not a Cardinals fan.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:35 PM
matthughesfan21

I see a lot of cardinal fans trashing Pujols and calling him greedy and stuff like that.

First of all, he has done so much for that franchise and he has treated that organization and city with the upmost respect.

Secondly, he took a hometown discount last contract, in comparison to other players, he is worth way way way more than he makes...

Third, he has been a consistent force and one of the top players in the league every year he has been there. Over his last 10 years, he has been the best player in baseball, and he deserves to be paid accordingly

Fourth, What the Cards were offering him would make him 7th best paid player in the MLB, that is not good enough for a guy who in terms of talent, dedication, leadership, and being an overall good teammate and good person, deserves to be the highest paid player in the league.

He wants to finish his career with the cardinals, but the organization needs to reward him accordingly for everything he has done for them. He is one of the team's greatest players, in the top 3 with Musial and gibson...He wants to finish his career there but they need to give him what he has worked his ass off for

And lastly, it sickens me to see Cardinal fans turning on him like they are, he is one of the kindest athletes in the world and does everything he can for charity and to help the community. He is a great person as well as a great athlete and the Cardinals would not be even a mediocre team without him, he is the heart and soul of that franchise and to trash talk him and turn your back on him is just despicable and leads me to believe that if you would act that way about your star player and person, then you truthfully don't deserve him on your team

/end of rant