Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I knew there was a reason that I found new things to enjoy when my internet went down early this month. I think I need to spend less time doing this because, frankly, im not appreciated.
In many ways Dave.. you are not.. but in others you are.

So stop being so offened..and self absorbed and stop trying to be offended..both here and in the world.. you will have a better time of it.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Um, he bolded the #14 fight. Calm down.

As far as the list goes.....I think it's a pretty good one, but I don't really buy the #19 fight. I didn't see Randy beating Sylvia as that high of an upset.

Later.
Agreed.. now Randy FLOORING Big Tim with with one punch.. (the FIRST one even)... that WAS surprising... and that the 12inch min reach he had over Randy.. that he could do NOTHING with... that was just plain cool.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:56 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Actually he edited it
Either way, I don't see how posting that many fights can be construed as BJ bashing. Just my two lincolns.

Later.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Agreed.. now Randy FLOORING Big Tim with with one punch.. (the FIRST one even)... that WAS surprising... and that the 12inch min reach he had over Randy.. that he could do NOTHING with... that was just plain cool.
I know, I remember that well. Very surprising since Randy was not known for having that kind of power. Very good fight for Randy and he stuck to a game plan to beat big Tim....and it obviously worked.

Later.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Either way, I don't see how posting that many fights can be construed as BJ bashing. Just my two lincolns.

Later.

I highlighted the ones that were important to me that I would class as Upsets IF they involved Jens, or anyone from HIT Squad.

If I had wanted to pick on Penn...I might have highlighted all his fights...like the two where he lost against Frankie Edgar...and if it was Pro Pulver...why would I highlight the fact that of all the upsets...the one considered the worst of all highlighted was a Pulver LOSS

If I was remotely trying to do, what ive been accused of here...then im about a current short of a fruit cake arent I...how anyone can jump to that conclusion from that list, is absolutely and utterly beyond me...and I find rudeness like what was posted after that list as being unspeakably ugly...there was just no need to...what was it "pro-pulver BS" ???!! "Crybaby thread" I mean thats uncalled for, when all ive done is copied a list and highlighted those I think are important.

I dont like rudeness, and I dont like being falsly accused.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Somehow I feel that you are trying to make an anti-BJ stand and are totally disguising it by this.. Your pro-Pulver BS.. as usual. A loss is a loss so in essence this is a crybaby thread..Get over it, turn the page, and move the heck on it's over..
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Rev

Calm down ladies!!
Mis Foxy, dont try and bring up the spanking from the last time they fought. That would just be mean.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 PM

I think the list is OK, some of the fights I can't even remember.
I wouldn't have put in the rematch of Frankie and BJ; yes, their first fight was a huge upset but, IMO, the rematch only confirmed that it wasn't as much of an upset as some people thought (so I wouldn't characterize it that way).

Last edited by flo; 02-17-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:19 AM

Old 02-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Krupp

I don't know why but I feel like Cro Cop/Gonzaga should be higher. Frankly that fight had me literally silent. No fight before that had ever made me speechless after watching it. Even when Serra beat GSP I was cheering and clapping my hands.