Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Dethbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
So he beats Hughes and IF and that's a big IF he beats Fitch he gets a Title FIGHT!!! That's BS......
?... Penn is a legend in the sport. Fitch is #2 or top 5 in every ranking of welterweight’s world wide. If Penn beats Fitch, how would you rationalize him NOT getting a title shot?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
?... Penn is a legend in the sport. Fitch is #2 or top 5 in every ranking of welterweight’s world wide. If Penn beats Fitch, how would you rationalize him NOT getting a title shot?
Penn is Dana's baby so it doesn't matter what logic, standings or I think. Whatever the Bald Dictator wants will happen. Even if he loses to Fitch just for the fact that he hates Fitch he would still give Penn the Title fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-16-2011, 02:30 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
What melvin should get a title shot at 170?
LOL my bad. I thought that guy was welterweight he looks huge for a lightweight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Dethbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Penn is Dana's baby so it doesn't matter what logic, standings or I think. Whatever the Bald Dictator wants will happen. Even if he loses to Fitch just for the fact that he hates Fitch he would still give Penn the Title fight.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense.



Attached Images
File Type: jpg 454613.jpg (62.7 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Penn is Dana's baby so it doesn't matter what logic, standings or I think. Whatever the Bald Dictator wants will happen. Even if he loses to Fitch just for the fact that he hates Fitch he would still give Penn the Title fight.
Your argument is so false! Dana does not baby Penn at all.. That would be your little golden boy gsp..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Your argument is so false! Dana does not baby Penn at all.. That would be your little golden boy gsp..
Okay Miss Foxy if you say so...

This guy is not even worth my hate. So I will stop now....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
When you make comments that it was just a punch or lucky punch. As much as it hurts me he went in there and for that day was the better fighter. Saying it was just a punch makes it seem like a 12yr old could have done the same thing. I don't care to see Penn vs gsp or Fitch vs gsp... gsp needs to go up and fight Spider..
why does gsp need to fight spider? name the last time a UFC champ went up a weight class to fight for the title, and he had never fought at that weight before?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
why does gsp need to fight spider? name the last time a UFC champ went up a weight class to fight for the title, and he had never fought at that weight before?
Who cares about any other champ. This guy is going down soon. I can feel it..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
So he beats Hughes and IF and that's a big IF he beats Fitch he gets a Title FIGHT!!! That's BS......
I don't know that being the #1 contender @ WW at this point necessessarily means a title shot in the next year.
If GSP beats Shields, he is prob going to fight Silva.
Will probably ask for 6 months to beef up. might have injuries to recover from
after fighting Silva it will take time for GSP to get back down to 170. if he even wants to go back down.

if GSP vacates the 170 belt then we'd probably see winner of Fitch vs Penn fight the winner of (just guessing) Alves and Condit or Koschek or Kampman...

It's going to be a crazy year for both MW and WW
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Who cares about any other champ. This guy is going down soon. I can feel it..
it's fine if you want to see him lose ... then in that case, going up is for your own pleasure ... LOL ... but other than you, people are saying he needs to go up in weight to prove something .... i think he will go up and beat anderson, but i don't think he NEEDS to go up to prove anything ....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.