Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
At least Condit or Lytle or Melvin S^!^ at least they have been winning fights and they have fought their way from the bottom in their weight class.

BJ got schooled Twice by a smaller Man. He failed in hes weight class he beats Matt Hughes with a punch and now he deserves a title fight

Maybe if he beats Fitch and the loser of the GSPvsShields fight then he could get a title match.

Im not hating im just saying it how it is.

Just cause BJ is Dana's nephew doesn't mean he could cut in line.
The more people like you discount his fight against Matt the more you discount Matt..
Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Huh?
Lol I was thinking the same thing!!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
The more people like you discount his fight against Matt the more you discount Matt..
How is that Miss Foxy???

Okay Miss Foxy you know what?....I hope BJ fights GSP again
Old 02-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
How is that Miss Foxy???

Okay Miss Foxy you know what?....I hope BJ fights GSP again
When you make comments that it was just a punch or lucky punch. As much as it hurts me he went in there and for that day was the better fighter. Saying it was just a punch makes it seem like a 12yr old could have done the same thing. I don't care to see Penn vs gsp or Fitch vs gsp... gsp needs to go up and fight Spider..
Old 02-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Chuck

Quote:
I don't think so....

It's hard to gauge anything off of a fight that lasted as short as Matt's last fight did. It's not taking anything from either fighter. BJ threw 1 good punch.... Matt got caught by it...... It doesn't really show us anything about either fighter.

GSP completely dominated BJ to the point that BJ quit... call him a cheat, greaser whatever... it changes nothing. Vaseline didn't destroy BJ, GSP did. Since his loss to GSP his ONLY WW fight was a quick flash KO of Matt. I just don't think that makes him extremely relevant in the WW picture.

GSP also completely dominated Fitch. Dominated the guy who a lot of people on this board were just POSITIVE would beat GSP. Nope. He out out worked and out wrestled the "rising star" of the WW division. Since that defeat Fitch has gone 5-0 in the division with all 5 fights being a decision victory. The only WW of any relevance to the title he beat is Alves IMO.

A GSP/Fitch fight makes more sense to me than GSP/Penn but the simple truth is GSP has completely cleared out the WW division. The UFC is really running out of options. Now they're just looking for a fight they can sell.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I don't think so....

It's hard to gauge anything off of a fight that lasted as short as Matt's last fight did. It's not taking anything from either fighter. BJ threw 1 good punch.... Matt got caught by it...... It doesn't really show us anything about either fighter.

GSP completely dominated BJ to the point that BJ quit... call him a cheat, greaser whatever... it changes nothing. Vaseline didn't destroy BJ, GSP did. Since his loss to GSP his ONLY WW fight was a quick flash KO of Matt. I just don't think that makes him extremely relevant in the WW picture.

GSP also completely dominated Fitch. Dominated the guy who a lot of people on this board were just POSITIVE would beat GSP. Nope. He out out worked and out wrestled the "rising star" of the WW division. Since that defeat Fitch has gone 5-0 in the division with all 5 fights being a decision victory. The only WW of any relevance to the title he beat is Alves IMO.

A GSP/Fitch fight makes more sense to me than GSP/Penn but the simple truth is GSP has completely cleared out the WW division. The UFC is really running out of options. Now they're just looking for a fight they can sell.
We shall see February 26th.. I can't wait. I love being right..*yawning*
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Chuck

Quote:
We shall see February 26th.. I can't wait. I love being right..*yawning*
What are you going to be right about sister?

I'm definitely pulling for BJ in this one.

I just don't think he (BJ) deserves a title shot again if he wins.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
What are you going to be right about sister?

I'm definitely pulling for BJ in this one.

I just don't think he (BJ) deserves a title shot again if he wins.
Just for all the Bj haters that can't even give the man credit with what his is "presently" doing.. It's always the same crap.. Oh his weight issues, greasing allegations against gsp, blah blah..The victory against Fitch will secure that he is legit in the WW and just didn't get lucky...My eyes are positioned at Shields right now.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Just for all the Bj haters that can't even give the man credit with what his is "presently" doing.. It's always the same crap.. Oh his weight issues, greasing allegations against gsp, blah blah..The victory against Fitch will secure that he is legit in the WW and just didn't get lucky...My eyes are positioned at Shields right now.
A victory over Fitch would absolutely make him legit. I agree 1000%. (yes thousand)

I just don't think it should put him in line for the title.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:48 AM
lc87

Quote:
At least Condit or Lytle or Melvin S^!^ at least they have been winning fights and they have fought their way from the bottom in their weight class.

BJ got schooled Twice by a smaller Man. He failed in hes weight class he beats Matt Hughes with a punch and now he deserves a title fight

Maybe if he beats Fitch and the loser of the GSPvsShields fight then he could get a title match.

Im not hating im just saying it how it is.

Just cause BJ is Dana's nephew doesn't mean he could cut in line.

What melvin should get a title shot at 170?