Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yes. I did

Its not nearly as bad as the first thing I said to him though
And that's funny?? You speak to your "hero".. someone you admire.. like that?

What do you think that he was thinking about that? Something along the lines of.. "Man.. this is a fan of mine?? I am sharing a meal with this guy???"
Old 02-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Yeah, he should have said Silva was greasy, right? He gives Anderson all the credit for the win, Iím not sure a troll job is called for.
Troll job? I merely posted something from his mouth.. Oh and your greasy comment didn't hurt my feelings so sorry!!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
My "beef" with what Belfort said is in bold. How can he really believe he was winning? Neither fighter had really done ANYTHING up to that point. It was over a minute into the fight before anyone even threw a real punch. I don't think that was lost in the translation either.

Later.
Exactly... It's not like we were in the 2nd round after them battling it out. Of course the fight was slow.. Andy did exactly what he does.. Opens the fighter up then attacks em..
Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post

What do you think that he was thinking about that? Something along the lines of.. "Man.. this is a fan of mine?? I am sharing a meal with this guy???"
lol.. I wonder what Jens was thinking? I would have hid the knives from the table!!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Maldonado136

Vitor is still the man!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post

I told the truth. I Do not believe that BJ Penn is better then him in anyway, he may have different skills and tallents, but wholistically, he is not above Jens...and Jens shouldnt think that way either. He shouldnt allow his negative self talk to do that

I'm not a "yes man" type of guy, Spiritwalker. I'm not going to aggree with everything just because I love him. Love is the ability to see peoples faults and still feel the same way...its not the ability to ignore someones faults, always aggree with them, become a groupie....I am not a groupie

He spoke after that in the car park of how much he appreciated my support and all the stuff I have done for him, and all the vocalization and the reviews...he even mentioned Jens The Budgie
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
lol.. I wonder what Jens was thinking? I would have hid the knives from the table!!
I think, if I recall, he momentarily paused, and then tried to back up his claim with fact. I had to aggree with the facts, but not that the facts concluded Penn was better...and then I explained why, and we got talking about Him and Randy Couture, and how they have a special place in the eyes of the fans.

No...the real damage..if there was any...was when we first met. I have a history of issues when it comes to meeting fighters, I never know what to say until the conversation is in mid flow. So when I got over the shock of who had just sat down, I turned to him and said "do you know who I am" and as soon as I said it, I said "that came out a bit wrong" and he laughed, and said that, yes, he knew exactly who I was...

Now it was much easier with Rich Franklin...because before I could say, do you know who I am (because we email each other...but that doesnt mean he knows what I look like if we ever met) he said he recognised me from my videos
Old 02-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I told the truth. I Do not believe that BJ Penn is better then him in anyway, he may have different skills and tallents, but wholistically, he is not above Jens...and Jens shouldnt think that way either. He shouldnt allow his negative self talk to do that

I'm not a "yes man" type of guy, Spiritwalker. I'm not going to aggree with everything just because I love him. Love is the ability to see peoples faults and still feel the same way...its not the ability to ignore someones faults, always aggree with them, become a groupie....I am not a groupie

He spoke after that in the car park of how much he appreciated my support and all the stuff I have done for him, and all the vocalization and the reviews...he even mentioned Jens The Budgie
How can anyone rationalize jens pulver being better then bj penn... His two title defense in the ufc??? Bj has that!!! Plus a ww championship to boot... Was it th fact that he got knocke sensless anytime he fought anyone good outide of the ufc in his prime like ludwig, gomi, or sakurai... was it his awesome wec run??? Jens pulver is about as relevent in mma history as Frank shamrock... Skillset wise he isnt even as good as that.. Hes a brawler type with mediocre wrestling skills!!!

Ps i dont like to talk bad about jens i respect his fighting spirit but the hijacking of any thread of a fighter you dont like to talk about jens has to stop
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
How can anyone rationalize jens pulver being better then bj penn... His two title defense in the ufc??? Bj has that!!! Plus a ww championship to boot... Was it th fact that he got knocke sensless anytime he fought anyone good outide of the ufc in his prime like ludwig, gomi, or sakurai... was it his awesome wec run??? Jens pulver is about as relevent in mma history as Frank shamrock... Skillset wise he isnt even as good as that.. Hes a brawler type with mediocre wrestling skills!!!

Ps i dont like to talk bad about jens i respect his fighting spirit but the hijacking of any thread of a fighter you dont like to talk about jens has to stop
Then why, after all that, and losing so many times in a row, is his popularity and stock STILL rising??

When you can explain that, you will be able to explain why Jens Pulver is one of the most significant people in the Sport...and, just like Randy Couture, Record, Skills, ability...has suprisingly little to do with it. When you can explain why the 155lb division, 145lb division, and the 135lb divisions have been excepted, and infact tooted as equal to heavy weight, or welterweight in depth, and excitement, and draw, then you will be able to explain, why Jens Pulver...and why not BJ Penn, or Urijah Faber, or Miguel Torres. Forget, for one moment the UFC, and think of the sport as a whole, and as something that will get bigger and be going on in 70 years time...and ask yourself some questions about todays "Greats" and ask yourself if they will be one of MANY indistinguishable Greats, and ask yourself, who will history remember and why. Penn loses twice to Edgar, and people call for his head...Same with Fedor...ask yourself why, after falling gazillions of times, tumbling out of the institution...why Jens Pulver hasnt become a long lost nobody. Why is he still current and relevent, and why do people still like him.

...and dont you dare tell me what has to stop here.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:02 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Then why, after all that, and losing so many times in a row, is his popularity and stock STILL rising??

When you can explain that, you will be able to explain why Jens Pulver is one of the most significant people in the Sport...and, just like Randy Couture, Record, Skills, ability...has suprisingly little to do with it. When you can explain why the 155lb division, 145lb division, and the 135lb divisions have been excepted, and infact tooted as equal to heavy weight, or welterweight in depth, and excitement, and draw, then you will be able to explain, why Jens Pulver...and why not BJ Penn, or Urijah Faber, or Miguel Torres. Forget, for one moment the UFC, and think of the sport as a whole, and as something that will get bigger and be going on in 70 years time...and ask yourself some questions about todays "Greats" and ask yourself if they will be one of MANY indistinguishable Greats, and ask yourself, who will history remember and why. Penn loses twice to Edgar, and people call for his head...Same with Fedor...ask yourself why, after falling gazillions of times, tumbling out of the institution...why Jens Pulver hasnt become a long lost nobody. Why is he still current and relevent, and why do people still like him.

...and dont you dare tell me what has to stop here.
Dave, I'm not commenting on anything here concerning Jens or BJ or whatever, but I am going to agree with bj44 on one thing:

This thread is supposed to be about Vitor & Anderson. It's one thing when threads go off on tangents about one comment or another, but when comes in and completely hijacks & derails a thread, it's pretty frustrating for the rest of us. I keep thinking that I'm going to see more news about Vitor, but instead I get Jens news.

You know I love Jens & I would love to read about Jens. But keep that to a thread about Jens. It's just common courtesy.