Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Rashad and Rampage at it again

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...-fight-rampage

"I'll fight Rampage right now. I almost fought him the other day. I seen him at XS. We got into each other's face for a little bit and then this fool had the nerve to hit me. He slapped me (in my face). I slapped him back and then the bouncers came. That was that. He ain't a fool, he knew what he was doing. Sometimes people have different personalities and uh, he shouldn't be playing with me touching my face."

Former light-heavyweight champion, Rashad Evans tells the folks over at MMA:30 that he and proposed UFC 130 opponent Rampage Jackson got into it in Las Vegas following UFC 126 and their feud continues as they look towards a possible rematch.While speculation is running wild on the status of Thiago Silva (originally scheduled to face Jackson at UFC 130), insiders have been reporting all week that Rashad Evans is expected to recover from his injury that caused him to pull out of his title fight against "Shogun" and will look to stay in contender status with a win over Jackson in Silva's absence. One of the most marketable feud's in recent memory, Jackson vs. Evans II looks to have already left the "Hype station" in route to another million plus PPV buys.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...-fight-rampage

"I'll fight Rampage right now. I almost fought him the other day. I seen him at XS. We got into each other's face for a little bit and then this fool had the nerve to hit me. He slapped me (in my face). I slapped him back and then the bouncers came. That was that. He ain't a fool, he knew what he was doing. Sometimes people have different personalities and uh, he shouldn't be playing with me touching my face."

Former light-heavyweight champion, Rashad Evans tells the folks over at MMA:30 that he and proposed UFC 130 opponent Rampage Jackson got into it in Las Vegas following UFC 126 and their feud continues as they look towards a possible rematch.While speculation is running wild on the status of Thiago Silva (originally scheduled to face Jackson at UFC 130), insiders have been reporting all week that Rashad Evans is expected to recover from his injury that caused him to pull out of his title fight against "Shogun" and will look to stay in contender status with a win over Jackson in Silva's absence. One of the most marketable feud's in recent memory, Jackson vs. Evans II looks to have already left the "Hype station" in route to another million plus PPV buys.
I expected him to say, "I pity the fool!"
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Hughes fanboy

I feel dumb now

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I feel dumb now
why?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:33 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

So basicly their acting like children instead of Pro's! You would think Pro's would say wait till the cage so we can get paid for it!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Buc Nasty

"He slapped me, I slapped him..."

Did they put down their handbags and take off their heels first?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM
County Mike

More fake hype between those two.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I love Rashad....

let the hate flow
Old 02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I love Rashad....

let the hate flow
Me too I can't stomach Rampage! Rashad better do something marvelous in this fight. They are like 2 females the way they bicker!!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Miss Foxy

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...in-matt-hamill

After UFC officials opted not to book the rematch between Rashad Evans and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson for UFC 130: Edgar vs. Maynard 3, it looks like Matt "The Hammer" Hamill will now take on Jackson.

According to MMAWeekly.com, sources close to negotiations have stated verbal agreements have been made for the bout between Hamill and Jackson.

The switch comes just days after it was reported Rashad Evans would replace Thiago Silva to fight Jackson.

Though the bout change is not official, it has been reported that Silva failed one of his drug tests during the weekend of UFC 125: Resolution, which is causing the change of opponent for Jackson.

For unknown reasons, UFC officials decided to not make the Evans vs. Jackson rematch official, and have now gone with Hamill as Jackson's new opponent.

UFC 130: Edgar vs. Maynard is set to take place on May 28th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The Ultimate Fighter 3 cast member, Hamill, is riding a five-fight win streak, including victories over Reese Andy, Mark Munoz, Jon Jones, Keith Jardine, and Tito Ortiz. Hamill was awarded Knockout of the Night honors with his win over Munoz at UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine. In the bout against Jardine at The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale, Hamill was awarded Fight of the Night honors. The Brazilian jiu-jitsu purple belt, hamill has won 10 of his 12 career bouts.

"Rampage" is coming off a split decision win over Lyoto Machida at UFC 123: Rampage vs. Machida. The victoy allowed Jackson to rebound from a unanimous decision loss to Rashad Evans at UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans. The former PRIDE veteran, Jackson, has won nine of his last 11 bouts.