Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Lol while you are fixating on Silva I am fixating on gsp losing!! lol.. We are so different, but yet similar!! Has to be the February 5th bday!!
I used to be that way about GSP, but the more I listen to him the more I'm ok with him. I loved him telling Kos "I do my talking in the cage." Plus, when he beat BJ last time, I was listening to his comments and he said he got advice from a doctor on how to deal with someone that has such flexible hips. The doc told him people with flexible hips usually have weaker midsections, so GSP used a lot of body shots. I hated that BJ lost, but I realized what a smart fighter GSP is. I don't know much about how fighters train, but how many use a doctor's advice about their opponent to put together their game plan?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Buc Nasty

[QUOTE=JavierDLC;151359]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I think adrenaline may have something to do with it! You gotta admit he hardly looked himself in that fight, he was sluggish from the start.

Care to elaborate?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=Buc Nasty;151395]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

Care to elaborate?
He wasn't different, he just panicked because Chael rushed him and applied insane pressure. He is so used to people being afraid of him that when he finally met some one who actualy brought it to him he felt like a fish out of water. But being as thou he is the best P4P fighter in the world he pulled the submission out of his @$$ at the last Moment and won fair and square.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:58 PM
wavetar

Even I, who tends to look at the world through GSP-colored glasses, have to admit I see a lot more ways for Silva to win this fight. However, every time I've had doubts or worries, he's absolutely destroyed his opponent, in one way or another. I want to see it because it IS so much of a dangerous fight for him. I will say this...if he pulls it off...GSP > Hughes. Just my humble opinion, and not said lightly.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Even I, who tends to look at the world through GSP-colored glasses, have to admit I see a lot more ways for Silva to win this fight. However, every time I've had doubts or worries, he's absolutely destroyed his opponent, in one way or another. I want to see it because it IS so much of a dangerous fight for him. I will say this...if he pulls it off...GSP > Hughes. Just my humble opinion, and not said lightly.
You're going to get some Ugly comment on this but I have to agree with you.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
You're going to get some Ugly comment on this but I have to agree with you.
I personally take everything offensive when it comes to Matt, however I think the respect is there and he wasn't being mean or lame about it. So for me who usually gets crazy about it can't... I STRONGLY disagree though!! Hughes will always be the greatest WW!!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Now we can diagnose him based on his enthusiasm after winning a tough fight?
I'm just commenting. Some keep bringing up his ribs; I understand adrenaline, but from what I've always heard when your ribs are broke, cracked or bruised, it's supposedly excruciating so, yeah, I question how hurt someone's ribs are when they bounce right up and raise their arms in the air. And I don't remember a belt, but I think he did kneel in front of Chael which again means a lot of up and down movement for someone with hurt ribs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Being that damn good tends to annoy some people.
It's just that all that dosey doe'n makes me !

But he is damn good at it!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I personally take everything offensive when it comes to Matt, however I think the respect is there and he wasn't being mean or lame about it. So for me who usually gets crazy about it can't... I STRONGLY disagree though!! Hughes will always be the greatest WW!!
Definitely respect to Matt & no lameness intended I look at it this way though...if Silva's accomplishments had taken place at WW, he would have eclipsed Matt in most people's eyes, seeing as how some think he's the best fighter ever in any weight class (Fedor lovers excepted). If GSP can pull off the win against Silva, his legacy would take a giant leap forward, and many arguments would be made. Could be a moot point though...I think Shields is his most dangerous opponent since Hughes.