Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Ok, so it looks like I may have just lost money!

Here's the original question/answer:

However, here's something that i think is very important to keep in mind:

That's from the page info on Tatame.com. It's a Brazilian magazine/website, hence the original language for all their posts is Portuguese. This means that everything we're reading is a translation and therefore has lost a lot of it's original flavor and meaning. Just look at the unnaturally narrow vocabulary used by Vitor. It's indicative of a someone using the simplest & most common meanings of a word for ease of translation.

Whatever, this is just my opinion. Foxy, you certainly don't have to agree with me, but I think that Vitor was just saying what Matt, BJ & all other great fighters say when they lose: "Sorry to my fans. I was doing everything I wanted to, but I got caught. He was just the better man tonight."
They say it humble..I don't recall Matt ever saying another fighter got lucky.. Ryan Bader said it best this weekend in regards to his fight... He said "Sorry guys was a bad night I'll learn and will come back much better."
He did not take any credit away from Jones win. I personally feel Vitor is discounting Andersons awesome kick. I guess I read in between the lines, but it's cool I ain't arguing or trying to get you to change your mind. Just my perspective on this subject.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
They say it humble..I don't recall Matt ever saying another fighter got lucky.. Ryan Bader said it best this weekend in regards to his fight... He said "Sorry guys was a bad night I'll learn and will come back much better."
He did not take any credit away from Jones win. I personally feel Vitor is discounting Andersons awesome kick. I guess I read in between the lines, but it's cool I ain't arguing or trying to get you to change your mind. Just my perspective on this subject.
I think you're both wrong! This is all a setup by Dana White to sell more PPVs and get all our money so he can just pass out title shots to whoever he wants with no good reason and build a secret army that he will then use to take over the world and force us all to watch as GSP gets appointed president of the northern hemisphere and Anderson Silva gets appointed president of the southern hemisphere all the while both still being employed by ZUFFA!!!!!

but, hey, thats just my take on things.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Silva was lucky...

Lucky that after over 2 years and countless setbacks, Belfort finally made it to the cage so he could be standing there to get kicked in the face.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:24 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Personally I think Vitor was saying the reason Silva got lucky was cuase Silva trianed it. Not I must admit that Silva has pulled stuff of that is almost unbelievable.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

It wasn't lucky. it's a basic kick.. that won't normally work cause it's the least used weapon of MMA and most fighters won't stand squared up with an opponent..

As for any comments about Vitor losing....

"When you lose.. say little... when you win.. say less" - Hughes
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
I absolutely can't stand when people can't accept a loss or if you do you hint around about the luck part of it. Yes lucky things happen to people that train Vitor.. Awesome!! That could have been a lucky strike or sub either way it goes down as a loss!!
But .. i thought you were a BJ Penn fan????

LOL
Old 02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
I absolutely can't stand when people can't accept a loss or if you do you hint around about the luck part of it. Yes lucky things happen to people that train Vitor.. Awesome!! That could have been a lucky strike or sub either way it goes down as a loss!!
Yeah, he should have said Silva was greasy, right? He gives Anderson all the credit for the win, Iím not sure a troll job is called for.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post

LOL
bwwwwwaaahahashahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're getting almost as over protective of Anderson as Dave is of Jens! (he's still not around, right? )

Seriously, I think you're being a little quick to take offense. Read these portions of his quote:

It's like Matt always say, "OF course I'm lucky! The harder I work, the luckier I get!" Vitor's not saying it was a lucky punch, he's just saying that it was close until then.
Quote:
...but I think that Vitor was just saying what Matt, BJ & all other great fighters say when they lose: "Sorry to my fans. I was doing everything I wanted to, but I got caught. He was just the better man tonight."
Ben, I'm with you in how I'm reading and taking what Vitor is saying. I think he is giving Anderson credit for that kick and winning the fight. The quote you had from Matt is what I think Vitor is saying....you make your own luck by training and working hard. I agree, I don't think he was saying it was just a lucky punch/kick. Like you say, a lot can get lost in translation, not to mention how writers/reporters love to "spin".
Old 02-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post

LOL