Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Ok, so it looks like I may have just lost money!

Here's the original question/answer:



However, here's something that i think is very important to keep in mind:



That's from the page info on Tatame.com. It's a Brazilian magazine/website, hence the original language for all their posts is Portuguese. This means that everything we're reading is a translation and therefore has lost a lot of it's original flavor and meaning. Just look at the unnaturally narrow vocabulary used by Vitor. It's indicative of a someone using the simplest & most common meanings of a word for ease of translation.

Whatever, this is just my opinion. Foxy, you certainly don't have to agree with me, but I think that Vitor was just saying what Matt, BJ & all other great fighters say when they lose: "Sorry to my fans. I was doing everything I wanted to, but I got caught. He was just the better man tonight."
They say it humble..I don't recall Matt ever saying another fighter got lucky.. Ryan Bader said it best this weekend in regards to his fight... He said "Sorry guys was a bad night I'll learn and will come back much better."
He did not take any credit away from Jones win. I personally feel Vitor is discounting Andersons awesome kick. I guess I read in between the lines, but it's cool I ain't arguing or trying to get you to change your mind. Just my perspective on this subject.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
They say it humble..I don't recall Matt ever saying another fighter got lucky.. Ryan Bader said it best this weekend in regards to his fight... He said "Sorry guys was a bad night I'll learn and will come back much better."
He did not take any credit away from Jones win. I personally feel Vitor is discounting Andersons awesome kick. I guess I read in between the lines, but it's cool I ain't arguing or trying to get you to change your mind. Just my perspective on this subject.
I think you're both wrong! This is all a setup by Dana White to sell more PPVs and get all our money so he can just pass out title shots to whoever he wants with no good reason and build a secret army that he will then use to take over the world and force us all to watch as GSP gets appointed president of the northern hemisphere and Anderson Silva gets appointed president of the southern hemisphere all the while both still being employed by ZUFFA!!!!!

but, hey, thats just my take on things.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Silva was lucky...

Lucky that after over 2 years and countless setbacks, Belfort finally made it to the cage so he could be standing there to get kicked in the face.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:24 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Personally I think Vitor was saying the reason Silva got lucky was cuase Silva trianed it. Not I must admit that Silva has pulled stuff of that is almost unbelievable.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

It wasn't lucky. it's a basic kick.. that won't normally work cause it's the least used weapon of MMA and most fighters won't stand squared up with an opponent..

As for any comments about Vitor losing....

"When you lose.. say little... when you win.. say less" - Hughes
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I absolutely can't stand when people can't accept a loss or if you do you hint around about the luck part of it. Yes lucky things happen to people that train Vitor.. Awesome!! That could have been a lucky strike or sub either way it goes down as a loss!!
But .. i thought you were a BJ Penn fan????


LOL
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Dethbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I absolutely can't stand when people can't accept a loss or if you do you hint around about the luck part of it. Yes lucky things happen to people that train Vitor.. Awesome!! That could have been a lucky strike or sub either way it goes down as a loss!!
Yeah, he should have said Silva was greasy, right? He gives Anderson all the credit for the win, Iím not sure a troll job is called for.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
But .. i thought you were a BJ Penn fan????


LOL
bwwwwwaaahahashahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're getting almost as over protective of Anderson as Dave is of Jens! (he's still not around, right? )

Seriously, I think you're being a little quick to take offense. Read these portions of his quote:

It's like Matt always say, "OF course I'm lucky! The harder I work, the luckier I get!" Vitor's not saying it was a lucky punch, he's just saying that it was close until then.
Quote:
...but I think that Vitor was just saying what Matt, BJ & all other great fighters say when they lose: "Sorry to my fans. I was doing everything I wanted to, but I got caught. He was just the better man tonight."
Ben, I'm with you in how I'm reading and taking what Vitor is saying. I think he is giving Anderson credit for that kick and winning the fight. The quote you had from Matt is what I think Vitor is saying....you make your own luck by training and working hard. I agree, I don't think he was saying it was just a lucky punch/kick. Like you say, a lot can get lost in translation, not to mention how writers/reporters love to "spin".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-09-2011, 03:41 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
But .. i thought you were a BJ Penn fan????


LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.