Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

this fight is hard to call because gsp has never faced a long striker like silva ... he has faced decent strikers and fared well .. yes he got ko'd by serra, but in the rematch gsp made up for it ... he fought a dangerous striker in alves, but alves is small (short) in comparison to silva ... i think this fight comes down to gsp's ability to take down silva and avoid subs/strikes from the bottom ...

GSP UD
Old 02-08-2011, 05:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
His two fights before Sonnen lead to Dana getting on his butt because he ran around the cage like he was in a game of tag. I didn't see the Sonnen fight so I'm not sure what he did there. At the beginning of the fight with Vitor he started that crap and I figured if Vitor didn't engage him it would be the same. Plus he mocked Forrest. Grabbed his nuts if I recall correctly. Silva can fight, no question about that. But he is so one side in most of his fights it is boring. And when did he start all the dancing around? I mean it is not like your basical head movement. It is very Rashad like and equally as annoying. I don't recall him being like that until the past year or so.
rashad is the one who grabbed his package ... i think anderson was emulating a lot of different fighters like royce and stuff in the forrest fight ... don't blame anderson cuz he embarrassed forrest for life .. LOL
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
He didn't look like his ribs were injured when he immediately jumped up off the ground when he won.

Anderson obviously has a good chin (reminds me of BJ in that) so I don't think Georges can hurt him. I think Georges will take him down and hopefully Anderson will sub him; otherwise he is just going to be laying on Anderson with little effect. GSP couldn't sub Hardy as much as he tried; he won't sub Anderson. Hopefully, they'll be on their feet long enough for Anderson to do his invisible "I KILL YOU" woo doo and the next thing we see is toasted canadian bacon.
I think adrenaline may have something to do with it! You gotta admit he hardly looked himself in that fight, he was sluggish from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Now we're talking!! Good analysis Bonnie as always!! You know your mma girlfriend!!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=Buc Nasty;151358]I think adrenaline may have something to do with it! You gotta admit he hardly looked himself in that fight, he was sluggish from the start.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
He didn't look like his ribs were injured when he immediately jumped up off the ground when he won.
Now we can diagnose him based on his enthusiasm after winning a tough fight?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

JB explained about Anderson's dancing, circling, but I agree with Bama, it still annoys me somewhat.
Being that damn good tends to annoy some people.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Being that damn good tends to annoy some people.

My Andy "hate".. is in spite of his ability to fight.

But I had a friend give me a rough translation of his victory speech .. seemed pretty sincere... laying the belt at Vitor's feet was a little much though...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
atomdanger

I don't think GSP puts or keeps Anderson on his back.
Sonnen has much better wrestling than Anderson,
and Sonnen is HUUUUGE.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
My Andy "hate".. is in spite of his ability to fight.

But I had a friend give me a rough translation of his victory speech .. seemed pretty sincere... laying the belt at Vitor's feet was a little much though...
He is a very likeable guy that's easy to hate on as well. He very much respects the octagon so I think laying the belt was symbolic or perhaps a Brasilian thing..
Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
He is a very likeable guy that's easy to hate on as well. He very much respects the octagon so I think laying the belt was symbolic or perhaps a Brasilian thing..
Didn't he do the same thing after the Sonnen fight? I don't remember exactly...