Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Hughes fanboy

I'm just curious: do you Chael-haters believe Chael isn't going to get a second shot at Anderson?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-08-2011, 01:15 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I'm just curious: do you Chael-haters believe Chael isn't going to get a second shot at Anderson?

I love it...you've decided to embrace the fact that some people are haters!

We are making progress...

Now, as for the odds of the rematch happening, I would say it's a good chance that it happens at this point, but not set in stone. First off, the fight with GSP is what everybody wants to see, and that should be top priority providing that GSP beats Shields.

Chael's future is up in the air at this point. He needs to sort out his legal issues and worry about beating his next opponent, whoever that will be (and it won't be Anderson). Then, should Sonnen find himself right back in line for a title shot, it all depends on where Silva is at that point. There is no guarantee that Anderson is even still fighting come this time next year, or whenever it is that a rematch could be logistically worked out.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I love it...you've decided to embrace the fact that some people are haters!

We are making progress...

Now, as for the odds of the rematch happening, I would say it's a good chance that it happens at this point, but not set in stone. First off, the fight with GSP is what everybody wants to see, and that should be top priority providing that GSP beats Shields.

Chael's future is up in the air at this point. He needs to sort out his legal issues and worry about beating his next opponent, whoever that will be (and it won't be Anderson). Then, should Sonnen find himself right back in line for a title shot, it all depends on where Silva is at that point. There is no guarantee that Anderson is even still fighting come this time next year, or whenever it is that a rematch could be logistically worked out.
If Sonnens first fight is near the end of the summer, then your looking at 1 or two key wins, which pretty much puts another 8-10 months to another fight with Silva, and honestly I don't see him being around for that long.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post

I think what they mean is a rematch won't even be close - Chael had his golden opportunity and still couldn't win.

No roids for 'Sobben' + No injured ribs for the Spider = a similar result to Saturday night.

Sorry Foxy and Javi, your boy's biggest skill is running his mouth.

He is funny though!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
If Sonnens first fight is near the end of the summer, then your looking at 1 or two key wins, which pretty much puts another 8-10 months to another fight with Silva, and honestly I don't see him being around for that long.
I pretty much agree, but I also see a scenario where Anderson is still around, or even where that is the big money fight that he's willing to get up for while in that semi-retirement phase.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I think what they mean is a rematch won't even be close - Chael had his golden opportunity and still couldn't win.

No roids for 'Sobben' + No injured ribs for the Spider = a similar result to Saturday night.

Sorry Foxy and Javi, your boy's biggest skill is running his mouth.

He is funny though!
Not only the injury but didn't he have a real close relative pass away? I was thinking it was an aunt who raised him?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
County Mike

More vinegar and water gets added to giant D-Bag that is Chael.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:36 PM

LOL I cant believe you guys are so convinced that The Spiders Ribs were Hurt

Whatever......
Old 02-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Miss Foxy

I ain't gonna knock Spider I do like him and if he had a relative pass away my heart goes out to him.
Chael goes to court March 28th to be sentenced so hopefully soon after the UFC will uplift his suspension. My selfish priority is having Anderson beat gsp. That fight needs to happen first. As much as I love Chael maybe another fight with someone else to bring him back in would be good but for now like I always say public enemy #1 greasemeisterpierre.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 PM
atomdanger

I love Sonnen, this guy cracks me up.

Although at this point he better be taking BJJ