Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Look, I'm not discrediting the level of competition that GSP faced vs. Okami and how the win happened but no matter how you disguise it, Okami still won his fights. Then let me ask you this, who in the middleweight division deserves the next shot at Silva?
I hate to admit it but you are right. With Chael out the only Middle weight left worth anything is Okami.

I would still rather watch GSP fight Silva than Okami.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I hate to admit it but you are right. With Chael out the only Middle weight left worth anything is Okami.

I would still rather watch GSP fight Silva than Okami.
I agree, there just really isn't anybody else out there. Moreover, I'd rather watch GSP as well but I hate it how Dana screws his fighters. Okami was gonna get the shot years ago but had an injury and has fought his way back to the top, was promised the shot, then Dana changed his mind. Can't say that I blame Dana for going after the money that would be generated from the fight, but Dana is giving the majority of the fans what they want.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I agree, there just really isn't anybody else out there. Moreover, I'd rather watch GSP as well but I hate it how Dana screws his fighters. Okami was gonna get the shot years ago but had an injury and has fought his way back to the top, was promised the shot, then Dana changed his mind. Can't say that I blame Dana for going after the money that would be generated from the fight, but Dana is giving the majority of the fans what they want.
I think in the end that's what matters and it makes the UFC look better than Boxing in that aspect.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think in the end that's what matters and it makes the UFC look better than Boxing in that aspect.
AMEN TO THAT!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStettin View Post
I would like to see that as well.
Me too!! That would be a dream come true for me!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
what surprised me is that people thought vitor had a chance
Lol. I know right!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Whatever. I'll keep watching regardless.
Ditto.

Later.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
BamaGrits84

I would like to see a side by side picture of GSP and Silva. UFC.com is blocked at work so I can't check their height and reach right now. And I would like to know their walk around weights. At this point the UFC is going to have to do something drastic to get fans to keep buying Silva's fights, I think. I wouldn't buy a fight just to see him. I think more people buy with hopes of seeing him lose and it is starting to look like that is not going to happen with anyone from that weight class now. He just ends up being on a card with people I actually care to see fight. I actually think a matchup with GSP might be boring. Both of them are so technical. One thing GSP has going for him that I think makes him one of the few that have a chance - his focus. Even in a mega fight against Silva, i don't think GSP would get a single bit rattled. I see fighters get in the ring with Silva, engage, and then completely forget to fight smart once things get going. I don't see GSP doing that. His focus is top notch.

I don't even think making him fight GSP is the way to go. There are other options. Make him move up or do a catch weight fight with Shogun. Or Rashad. My husband is convinced Jon Jones could KO Silva. I'm not even sure about that. I do know this - I'm sick of seeing him win. His fights hold little entertainment for me anymore.