Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I predict that Joe Rogan will refer to Vitor Belfort as Anderson Silva's toughest fight ever.

I predict that Dana White will call this the biggest event in UFC history.
I think what he's say is "Anderson Silva has never fought a striker of Vitor Belfort's calibre"

[
Old 02-03-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think what he's say is "Anderson Silva has never fought a striker of Vitor Belfort's calibre"
This is a different type of striker here...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Dana's quote after the press-conference yesterday:

Quote:
"I don't give a (crap) if he sits there and doesn't say a word for an entire press conference. As long as he shows up on Saturday night and fights, I'm fine with that. Listen, at the end of the day, we don't pay $50 to hear him speak. We pay to see him fight. As long as he shows up on Saturday and fights, that's all I care about. Everybody's so excited about this fight. Not just the other fights that are on the card, but this main event fight, because we know what both of these fighters are capable of doing. We all know. I'm going to be honest here -- I'm not going to be a promoter here, but let's be honest. This thing could be the most dynamic, incredible (freaking) fight we've ever seen -- or the worst staring competition in the history of mankind. All I care about is that both these guys come and let it go and fight the fight we know we could possibly see."
Old 02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
cds

The only prediction Im going to make is that Jones is going to OWN Bader. This fight is going to show you just how much better Jones is than 98% of the other light heavies....The only two guys I see giving Jones any problems would be Lyoto and Shogun.

Jones wins by total destruction.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds View Post
The only prediction Im going to make is that Jones is going to OWN Bader. This fight is going to show you just how much better Jones is than 98% of the other light heavies....The only two guys I see giving Jones any problems would be Lyoto and Shogun.

Jones wins by total destruction.
QFT.

Jones is the man.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
BoneDoc

Here we go, usually like to wait till after I see weigh-ins but not sure if I will be able to get on here on Saturday.

Robertson
Kingsbury
Ruediger
Yamamoto
Mendes
Cerrone
Torres
Jones
Ellenberger
Franklin
Belfort TKO 1st 4:00
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I predict that Joe Rogan will refer to Vitor Belfort as Anderson Silva's toughest fight ever.

I predict that Dana White will call this the biggest event in UFC history.
I predict that Joe Rogan will be wearing a black shirt and that Mike Goldberg will stand way to close to Joe when he's talking.

Later.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Miss Foxy

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...derson-hes-the
As far as Anderson Silva, he's got the (UFC) record for consecutive wins. He's going for number 14. He's going for his eighth consecutive title defense. He wins this fight, and he's looking at a possible superfight that would be the biggest fight we've ever done... I think what Anderson has accomplished, I think he's the best to ever compete in mixed martial arts. And it's not like I have this Chuck Liddell relationship with Anderson Silva where I brought the guy in and he's still close to me or whatever. I'm just being honest. You can't deny it. When people go in and try to start arguing, 'Yeah, but that fight was boring, and this fight was boring,' not every fight is going to be the greatest fight you've ever seen, but you can't deny what the guy has accomplished."UFC President Dana White tells the media at yesterday UFC 126 Pre fight press conference that he feels Anderson Silva is the best Mixed Martial Artist of all time. He most certainly holds the record for most consecutive wins inside the UFC, but the dark horse in the GOAT debate would have to still be Fedor Emelianenko... What do you think BJPENN.COM, who is the greatest of all time?

Typical Dana!! lol
Old 02-03-2011, 08:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Silva KO Rnd 2 (Belfort can beat him, but he's just the type of fighter Anderson loves to face)
Griffin (I think he'll be too big for Rich)
Ellenberger
Bader (Tortoise beats Hare)
Banuelos (only if he comes in with the 'stache he stole from Chuck)
Cerrone (big Cowboy fan, I feel like our frames are similar & I would have a style similar to his is I fought)
Mendes Taylor
Johnson
Kingsbury
Pierce
Just wanted to clarify my prediction on this one: I believe that Torres will win & was just using this as an opportunity to mock Antonio's clear hero-worship of Chuck. Again, to be clear: I'm picking Torres by xenocide.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Just wanted to clarify my prediction on this one: I believe that Torres will win & was just using this as an opportunity to mock Antonio's clear hero-worship of Chuck. Again, to be clear: I'm picking Torres by xenocide.

you know that they are very good friends, right?

[