Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. .

Please tell me that you are kidding...

Quote:
Actually it's a world full of evil. The Bible is very clear on that. This is the Christianity section, thus we will discuss this topic from a Christian viewpoint. Interjecting your overly-sentimental, "can't we all just get along?" hogwash into the discussion is off-topic for this section of the forums..
Maybe because I am sentimental..I am in a better place than many... who knows... I don't belive people that are closed minded are better off than I. But again.. who knows.. maybe ignorance is bliss.. but because when you find ignorance.. when you see it everywhere.. it's normally because your in a closet.

Didn't Christ say love your brother and Judege not least ye be judged? So I don't know that I would call "everyone finding a common ground to build from so we don't have to throw stones at each others heads.." "hogwash".

But no one is discussing Evil.. per say.. maybe some evil things...

Quote:
My parents made sure that we understood that this world was an evil place and that Christ is going to return and destroy it because there is absolutely nothing redeeming about our world in its current state at all. Your children need to understand that as well if they are going to truly understand the teachings of Jesus Christ.

And on that note.. I am out of here..

Nate.. I would love to actually have a religious discussion face to face.. But I can not, will not agree with that. You and I are not even on the same level... just totally dumbstruck by that comment... I don't know how you can enjoy anything.. if you turley feel that way.

If that means I rot in hell.. then so be it. Nothing redemming about a beautiful sunrise?? Or apperciating it??
A childs laugh.."
The totally complete way my kids love me?

Nothing redeming in this world??? NOTHING????..

You remind my of Q from Star Trek: TNG....

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 02-01-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
It has nothing ot do with the tone but you are right I am in trouble because I do not say the truth inlove like I should but that is an entirely different snake to handle. Filthy communication as it would translate to our century would be foul and nasty. So words we use are morst jsu vulgarity than they are nasty and foul. Vulgarity is not alway filthy. BUt than it goes back to the argument of personal vs impossed morality. Cultrue dictate a lot of what is or is not nasty. Sadly Ameirca's culture is not a very good litmus test. We call normal way to many nasty things these days. So you have the right idea in that it is subjective, but if it offends you and most people consider it foul than you should confront. I myslef tolerate many words but I will never tolerate GD, Jesus H Christ (usd as a curse word) or words of a sexual nature. If my kids are around and put up with even less.
I agree with most of what you are saying. I don't agree with the confront part. It is up to me if I choose to be offended. Some people are offended when people start speaking a nonenglish language in public. Is it okay if they confront the people? No, I don't believe so. I don't believe it is my right nor my duty to confront another adult and try to correct their behavior (according to my standards) in public. As I said, in my home - that would be different.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I'm kidding in the harsh delivery, but not in the meaning.

Quote:
Maybe because I am sentimental..I am in a better place than many... who knows... I don't belive people that are closed minded are better off than I. But again.. who knows.. maybe ignorance is bliss.. but because were you find ignorance.. when you see it everywhere.. it's normally because your in a closet.
"You should never be so open-minded that all your brains fall out." I'm not sure who said that, but it applies very well here. I don't see focusing on truth and ignoring fallacy as closed-minded. However, ignoring truth is extremely closed-minded.

Quote:
Didn't Christ say love your brother and Judege not least ye be judged? So I don't know that I would call "everyone finding a common ground to build from so we don't have to throw stones at each others heads.." "hogwash".
A "brother" is a fellow believer in Jesus Christ. And we all do have common ground: we are corrupt, evil human beings living in an evil, fallen world. Everyone starts from that common ground.

Quote:
But no one is discussing Evil.. per say.. maybe some evil things...
Any discussion about the world needs to focus on evil, because the world is evil.

Quote:
And on that note.. I am out of here..

Nate.. I would love to actually have a religious discussion face to face.. But I can not, will not agree with that. You and I are not even on the same level... just totally dumbstruck by that comment... I don't know how you can enjoy anything.. if you turley feel that way.

If that means I rot in hell.. then so be it. Nothing redemming about a beautiful sunrise?? Or apperciating it??
A childs laugh.."

You remind my of Q from Star Trek: TNG....
The moments of beauty in this world are a hint of what GOD originally intended for us before we chose sin and corruption. The things that you list are wonderful, but nowhere near as wonderful as they could have been if mankind hadn't fallen into sin.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:

A childs laugh.."

I agree with you, Spirit. Yes, there is evil in the world, but there is also much beauty and goodness. These are gifts from God! (in my humble opinion)
Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 PM

I respectfully disagree, Nate. And I'm going out on a limb here because I don't have a scintilla of the bible knowledge you have.

I don't believe the world is evil, Man can be evil, Satan is evil. The world is a paradise given to us and we have the free will to make our life decisions.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I'm kidding in the harsh delivery, but not in the meaning.

"You should never be so open-minded that all your brains fall out." I'm not sure who said that, but it applies very well here. I don't see focusing on truth and ignoring fallacy as closed-minded. However, ignoring truth is extremely closed-minded.
But your truth.. is just as valid as mine.

Quote:
A "brother" is a fellow believer in Jesus Christ. And we all do have common ground: we are corrupt, evil human beings living in an evil, fallen world. Everyone starts from that common ground..
No, Brother is a fellow human being. Can you show me other wise.. it's been a long while since I read the Bible.. any version...

Quote:
Any discussion about the world needs to focus on evil, because the world is evil.

The moments of beauty in this world are a hint of what GOD originally intended for us before we chose sin and corruption. The things that you list are wonderful, but nowhere near as wonderful as they could have been if mankind hadn't fallen into sin.
But you only speak of the evil in the world.. what about the ..(jeeezzzz...I sound like a hippy compared to you)... all the wonderful things.. that man does.. even those not of God....
Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Tolerance is acceptance and since the bible say let no filthy communication come from you r mouth letting someone blaspheme the name of our Lord or curse like a sailor in you presence is tantamount to allowing agreeing that it is ok. So not sure why you would think it is ok for someone to blaspheme God in your ear shot. I have thrown away movies because of this. Sure I agree some words are subjective but most are not and they have clean counter parts I should not have to remove myself in an eatery because the teeny bopper next to me is trying to be cool by cussing. I will and have called them out and had them removed from my presence. As a food manager I have kicked people out for cussing. It is not ok just to let them do it especially when there are kids around.
Quote:
What irks me is people who throw up the intolerance excuse to justify their beliefs. The bible never says we are to tolerate sin ever. And it should be confronted at all times. The bible also makes it clear that if you do not confront those in sin and they die in that sin their blood is on your hands. So even if they are stupid people Bama the most Christ like thing to do is let them know they are doing wrong no matter how the person might take it. I have no issue when people call me out for my bluntness because they are right we should tell the truth in love and not with a spinning back fist. A real follower of Christ will not be offended by the correction and try to change.
So i think you are very Chrsit like when you are looking out for your kids. You do not have to tolerate that no matter what SPiritwalker thinks

So do you kick fat ass people out of your eatery when they have already eaten two plates and then order a big ole piece of fudge cake?

Or do you tolerate that sin?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
SupaDupaMod

And if you are in the eatery business, Chris, then do you work on Sunday?

Most everyone around here goes to a restaurant (a place of business) after church and eats and then pays (hence, doing business/trade on Sunday). What do you tell your children about that?

Why is hearing a curse word so much worse on a child than seeing such sin and indulgence everywhere around them?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:

(jeeezzzz...I sound like a hippy compared to you)

Yoohoo! Amyyyyy!

This is why I love the MHF.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
And if you are in the eatery business, Chris, then do you work on Sunday?

That's one of the things I LOVE about Chick-fil-A......

They could make millions more a year by opening on Sundays.. at least in malls... but they say .."Nope not gonna happen."

No matter if I agree or not.. you have to respect the decision...

“ Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and directing our attention to things more important than our business. If it took seven days to make a living with a restaurant, then we needed to be in some other line of work. Through the years, I have never wavered from that position. „
—S. Truett Cathy