Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
six months ago i would have been plus oneing this post, and i agree he is humble cause he was humbled but i do have to admit he wasn't nearly as big of a jerk coming into his last fight, and that is when i started to gain a little respect for him

but foxy you gotta admit that everyone has to grow, and as long as it is genuine growth than im okay with that, now if he wins again and goes all koscheck on us, then i won't be so quick to forgive next time, but i think everyone needs a second chance if they are sincerely starting to be a better person

i still wish he would have never tatooed that thing on his chest
I agree with everything your saying about second chances.. However I still don't like the guy. Sorry Adam , but it's ok.. I dislike gsp far more so no worries.. I won't harass Brock too much..
Old 02-01-2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I agree with everything your saying about second chances.. However I still don't like the guy. Sorry Adam , but it's ok.. I dislike gsp far more so no worries.. I won't harass Brock too much..
okay..... but i was gonna make a deal with you that if you give brock a chance then i would give bj a chance

Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I'd like to point out that when a big strong trianed heavyweight hits you it ain't smart to like it! Plus haveing a mostly Wrestleing background it may take abit to adapt. Now as for wheather or not he needs better trianers is that being made with some actual knowlege of his trianers and thier credintial's?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
okay..... but i was gonna make a deal with you that if you give brock a chance then i would give bj a chance

Hmmm.. Thats a deal I can't pass up!!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
ok i wont post on threads that have to do with him anymore... Half the site cant post on gsp or bj threads then
Geez I didn't say dont post your hate towards Brock. I just said "Okay we get It you dont like Brock Lesnar"
Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Okay I think we get it! You don't like Brock Lesnar
LOL, thanks, I was waiting for somebody to point this out.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:50 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, seriously? NOBODY becomes a UFC AND/OR NCAA champion by size and athleticism alone.
He never said that he relies on size and athleticism alone but may rely on them too much. But I think it is plain to see that BJ's observation is more than likely the truth of the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yes, and put Wilt Chamberlain against 7 footers 10 years down the road from his era and he would get smoked, blah blah blah.

Don't you realize how ridiculous your statements are? If MMA or any sport were based on sheer size and athleticism alone, then Tim Sylvia would have been murdered by Mariusz Pudzianowski when they fought. Randy Couture would have been murdered by Gabriel Gonzaga, Tim Sylvia, or Tony Halme (in Randy's first UFC fight).

I'm now fully convinced that you just enjoy arguing no matter how ridiculous your viewpoint is.
And I am convinced that you may be purposfully misunderstanding his points. I know you are smarter than that. And so is BJ.

Quote:
Okay I think we get it! You don't like Brock Lesnar
Why does everyone assume that you hate someone or don't like them if you aren't singing their praises to the high heavens?

BJ speaks the truth. No one can argue that Brock relies solely on his mad skilz. No one can say that Brock does not lean heavily on his size and the natural physique he was blessed with. Or at least, no one has offered any such opinion or evidence to the contrary here. I just see ruffled feathers.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Why does everyone assume that you hate someone or don't like them if you aren't singing their praises to the high heavens?

I'm Not assuming im just pointing it out

BJ speaks the truth. No one can argue that Brock relies solely on his mad skilz. No one can say that Brock does not lean heavily on his size and the natural physique he was blessed with. Or at least, no one has offered any such opinion or evidence to the contrary here. I just see ruffled feathers.
LOL I think all fighters rely on their own Mad Skills.

Brock has Mad Skilz of Size and Strength.

Frankie Edgar relies on hes Mad Skilz of speed.

Machida relies on his Mad Skilz of defense.

JDS relies on his Mad Skilz of Striking

Cain relies on his Mad Skilz of Wrestling

Couture relies on his Mad Skilz of finding the Perfect Game Plan

BJ relies on his Mad Skilz of finding the Perfect excuse for losing

ect...
Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
LOL I think all fighters rely on their own Mad Skills.

Brock has Mad Skilz of Size and Strength.

Frankie Edgar relies on hes Mad Skilz of speed.

Machida relies on his Mad Skilz of defense.

JDS relies on his Mad Skilz of Striking

Cain relies on his Mad Skilz of Wrestling

Couture relies on his Mad Skilz of finding the Perfect Game Plan

BJ relies on his Mad Skilz of finding the Perfect excuse for losing

ect...
Your list is way off.. First of all Brock could not rely on anything in his last fight.Bj won his last fight so no excuse needed. Couture is just washed up and old .. As much as I like Machida he did not defend himself as well as he should in his last loss.. So what was that you were trying to say??
Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

bj was basically arguing that Brock's success was mostly due to athleticism and size, which doesn't make any sense. He also said Brock's wrestling isn't that good, well you don't become a NCAA champ by having mediocre wrestling regardless of size and strength. You also don't become the UFC heavyweight champ by laying on top of guys. The other factor is that Brock didn't lay & pray on anybody, he ALWAYS finished his opponents. A win is a win regardless of how it happens and to say that he just bullied his opponents is nuts. This is the upper echelon of fighting and you can't bully your way to the top without mad skills.