Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Randy couture relies on skill to win fights... Brock wouldnt of been as great of a wrestler as if he was so athletic..

ill use another sport as an example... If basketball two guys that were effective late into ther 30's are john stockton and steve nash... Two guys that were never that athletic to begin with so they dont rely on it... Brock isnt that type of guy by a long shot lol
LOL, seriously? NOBODY becomes a UFC AND/OR NCAA champion by size and athleticism alone.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, seriously? NOBODY becomes a UFC AND/OR NCAA champion by size and athleticism alone.
how good would shaq be at basketball if he was 6'6 220.... Brock technique wise isnt a very good wrestle......Not to mention hes 10 years out of his wrestling prime and didnt wrestle at all for over 5 years... Put him in with the college kids now he would get smoked.... Plus he won his national championship on a down year.. He wouldnt beat mocco, neal, konrad or any the other notable nation champs the last 10 years.. If size were equall Randy would of ran cirles around him wrestling wise and would of took him down if brock didnt grab the fence... Thats a far past his prime Randy too.. The one that couldnt take down brandon freaking vera.

Last edited by bj44; 01-31-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Miss Foxy

I can't stand Lesnar and yeah he's nice and polite now cause he got it handed to him. Had he had won he would still be a big mouth..
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
how good would shaq be at basketball if he was 6'6 220.... Brock technique wise isnt a very good wrestle......Not to mention hes 10 years out of his wrestling prime and didnt wrestle at all for over 5 years... Put him in with the college kids now he would get smoked.... Plus he won his national championship on a down year.. He wouldnt beat mocco, neal, konrad or any the other notable nation champs the last 10 years.. If size were equall Randy would of ran cirles around him wrestling wise and would of took him down if brock didnt grab the fence... Thats a far past his prime Randy too.. The one that couldnt take down brandon freaking vera.
Yes, and put Wilt Chamberlain against 7 footers 10 years down the road from his era and he would get smoked, blah blah blah.

Don't you realize how ridiculous your statements are? If MMA or any sport were based on sheer size and athleticism alone, then Tim Sylvia would have been murdered by Mariusz Pudzianowski when they fought. Randy Couture would have been murdered by Gabriel Gonzaga, Tim Sylvia, or Tony Halme (in Randy's first UFC fight).

This guy is WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than Tim Sylvia, being that he's won the "World's Strongest Man" title more than once.

I'm now fully convinced that you just enjoy arguing no matter how ridiculous your viewpoint is.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 PM
wavetar

I don't think he's saying Brock has NO skills...he just hadn't worked on his technique as much as he could've, due to his freak size & strength being such an advantage for him.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yes, and put Wilt Chamberlain against 7 footers 10 years down the road from his era and he would get smoked, blah blah blah.

Don't you realize how ridiculous your statements are? If MMA or any sport were based on sheer size and athleticism alone, then Tim Sylvia would have been murdered by Mariusz Pudzianowski when they fought. Randy Couture would have been murdered by Gabriel Gonzaga, Tim Sylvia, or Tony Halme (in Randy's first UFC fight).

This guy is WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than Tim Sylvia, being that he's won the "World's Strongest Man" title more than once.

I'm now fully convinced that you just enjoy arguing no matter how ridiculous your viewpoint is.
im not talking about size in general im talking about athletism... Brock is over reliant on it and when he loses it which will be soon he doesnt have the skills to compensate for him... I dont see what the argument is... Do you think Brock is one of the more skilled martial artists????
Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 PM

im just saying in wrestling style and athletism Brock is more like mark kerr than Randy couture. look what happened to mark once his body started to break own... Kevin randleman is a freak athlete and national champ too but if you dont have the skills ists not gonns mean anything in the long run.. Especially at his age...Dont compare him to Randy though please... do you honestly think Brock is smart enough to approach the fight game like Randy did... His gamplan for fights is legendary!!! Plus Randy actually became a compitent striker and isnt scared of getting hit
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
im just saying in wrestling style and athletism Brock is more like mark kerr than Randy couture. look what happened to mark once his body started to break own... Kevin randleman is a freak athlete and national champ too but if you dont have the skills ists not gonns mean anything in the long run.. Especially at his age...Dont compare him to Randy though please... do you honestly think Brock is smart enough to approach the fight game like Randy did... His gamplan for fights is legendary!!! Plus Randy actually became a compitent striker and isnt scared of getting hit
Okay I think we get it! You don't like Brock Lesnar
Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Okay I think we get it! You don't like Brock Lesnar
ok i wont post on threads that have to do with him anymore... Half the site cant post on gsp or bj threads then
Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I can't stand Lesnar and yeah he's nice and polite now cause he got it handed to him. Had he had won he would still be a big mouth..
six months ago i would have been plus oneing this post, and i agree he is humble cause he was humbled but i do have to admit he wasn't nearly as big of a jerk coming into his last fight, and that is when i started to gain a little respect for him

but foxy you gotta admit that everyone has to grow, and as long as it is genuine growth than im okay with that, now if he wins again and goes all koscheck on us, then i won't be so quick to forgive next time, but i think everyone needs a second chance if they are sincerely starting to be a better person

i still wish he would have never tatooed that thing on his chest