Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-31-2011, 12:38 PM

Default Brock Talks TUF, Time Off, Title...

Sounds like Brock is ready to get back to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfPwrPm_hKs

[
Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

That's one of the most relaxed I've ever seen him in an interview. He normally looks unsettled. Good to see.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:44 PM
rearnakedchoke

i think after his loss to cain, he realized that he isn't gonna just roll over everyone ... if he can get past that loss, get some better trainers i am sure he'll be just fine ...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:11 PM

i'm quickly becoming a brock fan

i hope he does himself proud on tuf
Old 01-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
That's one of the most relaxed I've ever seen him in an interview. He normally looks unsettled. Good to see.
Yeah.. Kinda makes me wonder if I will like him by the end of the year.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM

brock will still be a force just because of his insane genetics but really its hard to see somone who cant take a punch ever becoming champ again.... By cant take a punch i dont mean he has a week chin i mean he does his best turtle impression whenever he does get hit..

ps i like how cain is now a power puncher after what he did to brock and nog... I remember when people were calling him pillow fists after the kongo and rothwell fights!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
brock will still be a force just because of his insane genetics but really its hard to see somone who cant take a punch ever becoming champ again.... By cant take a punch i dont mean he has a week chin i mean he does his best turtle impression whenever he does get hit..

ps i like how cain is now a power puncher after what he did to brock and nog... I remember when people were calling him pillow fists after the kongo and rothwell fights!!!
I think Brock is a natural enough athlete that he'll be able to get past that. I'm new to kickboxing sparring and a few weeks ago, was curling into the fetal position when getting hit as well. After 1 hour with my sensei, 1 hour with one of my martial arts partners who used to be a pro boxer, now I just roll away from the punches. Brock is a far better athlete than me, I'm sure he'll get past that one without any problems.

LOL, I was saying the same thing after the Kongo fight.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I think Brock is a natural enough athlete that he'll be able to get past that. I'm new to kickboxing sparring and a few weeks ago, was curling into the fetal position when getting hit as well. After 1 hour with my sensei, 1 hour with one of my martial arts partners who used to be a pro boxer, now I just roll away from the punches. Brock is a far better athlete than me, I'm sure he'll get past that one without any problems.

LOL, I was saying the same thing after the Kongo fight.
I agree that if Brock would of gotten into mma right out of college he would of been a all time great. Then he went 7 years of so without training any amatuer wrestling before getting into mma and now hes 33 years old... For somone who relies alot on athletism he probably has a small window left!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
I agree that if Brock would of gotten into mma right out of college he would of been a all time great. Then he went 7 years of so without training any amatuer wrestling before getting into mma and now hes 33 years old... For somone who relies alot on athletism he probably has a small window left!!!
Wasn't there a fella by the name of Randy Couture who started in his young 30s? What about this guy named Herschel Walker who is in his upper 40s and now has 2 first round stoppages of opponents. It's not about age, it's about desire (and skill of course). Brock will be fine.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Wasn't there a fella by the name of Randy Couture who started in his young 30s? What about this guy named Herschel Walker who is in his upper 40s and now has 2 first round stoppages of opponents. It's not about age, it's about desire (and skill of course). Brock will be fine.
Randy couture relies on skill to win fights... Brock wouldnt of been as great of a wrestler as if he was so athletic..

ill use another sport as an example... If basketball two guys that were effective late into ther 30's are john stockton and steve nash... Two guys that were never that athletic to begin with so they dont rely on it... Brock isnt that type of guy by a long shot lol