Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Dethbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
haven't you been to sunday school, you always answer "God", that is the best and safest answer

even now, if you say God, then jesus is God, right?
True, but my mind has been ruined by years of multiple choice tests, and Jesus is the ‘more correct’ answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
The believer. Hebrews says not to forsake the gathering of yourself together. Also Ephesians says the church exist to equip the saint for the works of ministry.

Most people are saved outside the church. This is why the whole seeker sensitive junk is horrible.
We tend to forget the discipleship part because it is all work and little glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
How many of us love our wives as Jesus loves the church?
Yet another standard we strive to, but can never fully achieve. Without Grace we are doomed.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
True, but my mind has been ruined by years of multiple choice tests, and Jesus is the ‘more correct’ answer.



We tend to forget the discipleship part because it is all work and little glory.



Yet another standard we strive to, but can never fully achieve. Without Grace we are doomed.
Amen Brother!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Mark's Avatar
Mark Mark is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I want to know Mark's take on this.

I say it is for both and will provide reasons when i am at my computer and not my phone.
I think for the most part believers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think for the most part believers.
How does a non believer get in? Are the witnessed to outside of the church and invited in?
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-30-2011, 02:06 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
How does a non believer get in? Are the witnessed to outside of the church and invited in?
Yes, a person has to believe in Jesus Christ and be saved to be let into the Church. However, anyone can walk into a church building, because it's just a building.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yes, a person has to believe in Jesus Christ and be saved to be let into the Church. However, anyone can walk into a church building, because it's just a building.
That i understand. I guess I was thinking of the building.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think for the most part believers.
lol I wasnt sure if you had something up your sleeve.
the Church is for the most part for the believers, but even Paul makes reference to nonbelievers coming in and seeing believers in worship.
The purpose of the Church at Antioch(where Christians were first called Christians) was to train people to go out and make new churches. After 2 years of being at the church at Antioch, they were sent out to minister. So I think we are on the same page.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Who is church for believers, non believers or both? What does the Bible say?
The Church is for GOD
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.