Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-28-2011, 02:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Agreed, he's going to be a huge handful for anybody at 155. In his past few fights, I haven't heard him talking cocky but confident and mentioning the good in his opponents. I'd say he's reached the level where his maturity has caught up with his talents, and his trainers are helping him apply everything properly. Good luck to anybody in his way. I believe he will be champ within 2 years.
i think he still has to work on his wrestling .. it is getting better .. i think a guy like guida with a good chin and smothering abiliities would be able to takedown melvin and either ride him out to victory or frustrate him to a sub .. but no doubt jackson is working on that ... he is still very young ... my question is though, what happens when he gets older? will he still be nicknamed the young assassin? the middle aged assassin? the aging assassin?

just wondering ...
Old 01-28-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think he still has to work on his wrestling .. it is getting better .. i think a guy like guida with a good chin and smothering abiliities would be able to takedown melvin and either ride him out to victory or frustrate him to a sub .. but no doubt jackson is working on that ... he is still very young ... my question is though, what happens when he gets older? will he still be nicknamed the young assassin? the middle aged assassin? the aging assassin?

just wondering ...

Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja

I just spit my coffee out all over my Mac
Old 01-28-2011, 03:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

great movie

Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post

just wondering ...
Good points, but his td defense against Dunham was killer. If he develops into a Chuck Liddell-type of lightweight, he could definitely be scary.

Maybe next year, they'll have to call him the semi-young assassin.