Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-17-2011, 09:01 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Should be a great fight.

I hope Sexyama gets a win because he brings it and I do think he has been a little unlucky in some of the fights.

Mind you I am a fan of Nate as well.
Seriously? Nate has been nothing but boring and Sexy cardio lasts for roughly 2 minutes into the first round. After that I keep asking myself, "is this guy a professional or what" ?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Seriously? Nate has been nothing but boring and Sexy cardio lasts for roughly 2 minutes into the first round. After that I keep asking myself, "is this guy a professional or what" ?
I agree not too thrilled to see this one esp. if its the co main event.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
I agree not too thrilled to see this one esp. if its the co main event.
In my OP they barely make it out of the prelims, I would have them as the first fight, on the main card and not a spot higher.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:01 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
In my OP they barely make it out of the prelims, I would have them as the first fight, on the main card and not a spot higher.

I hope so but since it they are well known who knows. Dana will prob say Its a no1 contender fight. Like he always tells fitch.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:45 AM
wavetar

Nate frustrates me. Five years ago I thought he had all the talent in the world, and even the loss to Anderson Silva didn't change my thoughts. Now, he's relegated to fighting Akiyama, who I don't think belongs in a UFC ring. He just can't keep his sh*t together for the important fights! Two opportunities in #1 contender fights, two losses. If he loses this one, I'm off the band wagon!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Nate frustrates me. Five years ago I thought he had all the talent in the world, and even the loss to Anderson Silva didn't change my thoughts. Now, he's relegated to fighting Akiyama, who I don't think belongs in a UFC ring. He just can't keep his sh*t together for the important fights! Two opportunities in #1 contender fights, two losses. If he loses this one, I'm off the band wagon!
Spoken like a true fan!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Spoken like a true fan!
LOL
Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Spoken like a true fan!
Lol, you got it! I'm a true, fickle fan!

Seriously though, it's not quite the same as being a fan of a team, which you can be due to location, upbringing, schooling, etc, regardless of wins/losses. I'm a fan of individual fighters due to variables such as something perhaps in their persona, their current fighting ability, my perception of their potential fighting ability, their ability to withstand punishment if not so talented, etc. Once a particular fighter loses whatever it is I'm a fan of them for, and it becomes painfully apparent they can't or won't get it back, they do somewhat lose me as a supporter in future fights. I might still like them, but won't necessarily pull for them no matter what.