Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:01 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Should be a great fight.

I hope Sexyama gets a win because he brings it and I do think he has been a little unlucky in some of the fights.

Mind you I am a fan of Nate as well.
Seriously? Nate has been nothing but boring and Sexy cardio lasts for roughly 2 minutes into the first round. After that I keep asking myself, "is this guy a professional or what" ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 AM
lc87
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Seriously? Nate has been nothing but boring and Sexy cardio lasts for roughly 2 minutes into the first round. After that I keep asking myself, "is this guy a professional or what" ?
I agree not too thrilled to see this one esp. if its the co main event.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
I agree not too thrilled to see this one esp. if its the co main event.
In my OP they barely make it out of the prelims, I would have them as the first fight, on the main card and not a spot higher.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-20-2011, 05:01 AM
lc87
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
In my OP they barely make it out of the prelims, I would have them as the first fight, on the main card and not a spot higher.

I hope so but since it they are well known who knows. Dana will prob say Its a no1 contender fight. Like he always tells fitch.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-20-2011, 10:45 AM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nate frustrates me. Five years ago I thought he had all the talent in the world, and even the loss to Anderson Silva didn't change my thoughts. Now, he's relegated to fighting Akiyama, who I don't think belongs in a UFC ring. He just can't keep his sh*t together for the important fights! Two opportunities in #1 contender fights, two losses. If he loses this one, I'm off the band wagon!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Nate frustrates me. Five years ago I thought he had all the talent in the world, and even the loss to Anderson Silva didn't change my thoughts. Now, he's relegated to fighting Akiyama, who I don't think belongs in a UFC ring. He just can't keep his sh*t together for the important fights! Two opportunities in #1 contender fights, two losses. If he loses this one, I'm off the band wagon!
Spoken like a true fan!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Spoken like a true fan!
LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
wavetar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Spoken like a true fan!
Lol, you got it! I'm a true, fickle fan!

Seriously though, it's not quite the same as being a fan of a team, which you can be due to location, upbringing, schooling, etc, regardless of wins/losses. I'm a fan of individual fighters due to variables such as something perhaps in their persona, their current fighting ability, my perception of their potential fighting ability, their ability to withstand punishment if not so talented, etc. Once a particular fighter loses whatever it is I'm a fan of them for, and it becomes painfully apparent they can't or won't get it back, they do somewhat lose me as a supporter in future fights. I might still like them, but won't necessarily pull for them no matter what.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.