Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Wow.. bad timing!

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/19/19...ght-will-go-on

The hottest prospect currently on the UFC roster, light heavyweight Jon Jones, was in a car accident today, according to his official Twitter account (via Fighters Only magazine).

"Bones," as well as several of his teammates in the car, all escaped injury-free. The woman driving the other car involved in the wreck, however, was not as fortunate -- she was apparently whisked away on a stretcher.

Jones explains:

Quote:
"I just got into a car accident, police said it wasn't my fault.. I walked away without a scratch, GOD IS GOOD.... Hopefully, I get blessed with one of the fight bonuses, my insurance hasn't kicked in yet and I may have just taken a major loss… Everyone's okay, me and some teammates were on our way to the dog park in between practices, good thing we were all wearing our seatbelts. I refuse to allow this situation to steal my joy, the fight will go on."
The "fight" that Jones is referrring to, of course, is a rather important one against undefeated Ryan Bader at UFC 126. The 205-pound showdown is set to serve as the night's co main event and will likely vault the winner one step closer to a potential title shot later this year.

God is good, indeed.

------------------------
Now .. I wanted to be a cop for many years... I did like 20 ride alongs...and I just learned that it wasn't for me...

but one of the things I have learned from the police.. they don't take sides on traffic accidents.. maybe the cops did on this one .. but I can guarantee that if these cops captains read this .. they would be answering some questions....
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Wow, glad to hear that he and everybody else is ok. Hope that woman comes through fine as well!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:39 AM
lc87

Bad situation indeed. But if she was on the phone or they could tell who clearly caused the accident then they may be the one to determine the fault.