Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think it is only illegal if you sell it for more than the price on the ticket.
That is true, but in this case the ticket was actually a comp.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
That is true, but in this case the ticket was actually a comp.
Yes, there should still be a price on it.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Yes, there should still be a price on it.
Not sure about those but you are right that they have prices on them sometimes. Although for some things it will actually say comp where the price is supposed to be.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Not sure about those but you are right that they have prices on them sometimes. Although for some things it will actually say comp where the price is supposed to be.
I thought all college tickets had to have a price tag on them now. After the whole ku ticket scandal. Comping tickets the selling them for over 5 million over 4 years thing.

Yes chuck I was kidding about everything except the problem at hand. Would it have been ok if he wore a different team shirt other than the 2 that were playing? Or just for tv purposes when they showed theirbench the nc fan there. But theoreticly how would you feel if matt was fighting on the brazil card and you had second row seats behind his brazilian opponents corner. Just because you wore a hughes shirt they moved your chair back and didn't pay you the difference in price for the switch.

Mark I thought you couldn't sell them for over one and a half of face value to cover the other fees when you bought the ticket. Just what I've heard from people at work not sure what the actual laws are.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
I thought all college tickets had to have a price tag on them now. After the whole ku ticket scandal. Comping tickets the selling them for over 5 million over 4 years thing.
You are probably right. I wasn't aware of that.

I was speaking from my personal experience with getting comp tickets to concerts and other events over the years. I haven't ever gotten any comp tickets to college games.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
I think it is only illegal if you sell it for more than the price on the ticket.
They get sold above ticket price on ebay and stubhub all the time, so maybe the laws differ by states. I saw BSC tickets bough for $500 through a broker and got sold for $3,000. A government official was involved in this and because of the expected "ice strorm" he was going to have to work and coulnd't make the game. He talked about it on a radio show so I have to think he wouldn't be stupid enough to do that if it was illegal. I would be very interested to know exactly what the laws are.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

I get comp tickets to the nashville predators. they say complimentary ticket not for resale on the ticket. They are given out compliments of the preds. If I showed up wearing a blackhawks jersey in that area designated for preds fans I would expect to be ask to move.

I have a friend that bought super bowl tickets from a scalper. Him his wife and daughter were sitting in their not so good seats excited for the game when the police came and ask for their tickets. Chip told them he got them from a scalper. Turns out the scalper had been braking into hotel rooms stealing tickets. Chip of course said he was sorry and was happy to give the seats up to the real tickets owners. Security was so pleased that he offered the seats with out a fight they let them sit in the area with the players families. Best seats in the house.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
BamaGrits84

This is about tickets but slightly off topic but I don't think I've ever shared this before here. My job inculdes buying industrial parts, so often vendors like to take me to lunch, or bring goodies buy, or once in a while sport event tickets come in. Well since one of my vendors is a NASCAR sponsor I always get Talladega tickets, usually just for Satuday (Fastenal sponsors for Saturday races only). Well one year I was given Sunday tickets too so we decided to camp out. BIG mistake for this Christian girl. My husband pissed me off (I'll jsut say beads and leave it at that) on Saturday night. So I threw a hissy fit and we headed home at 3am Sunday morning knowing those free tickets would go to waste. I could have easily handled that, until my husband's buddy calls and and say "Chuck Liddell and Dana White are here." I spent the next several hours in hiding, partially because I was scared my husband would bite my head off, partially because I was afraid of myself. A week later Dana post a video blog showing him and Chuck out partying right in the area we were!

I wrote Dana and Chuck to expalin what happen and asked for autographs for my husband. They both sent them to him.

And on an even more off topic side note, the big wreck that happened at Dega that Sunday when debris flew into the stand and several people were injured, right where we were supposed to be sitting. Crazy.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 AM
lc87

I think its ok to jack up the prices through the websites because they are through a licensed vendor. I dunno though.