Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Shoots like a girl

Default P90X

I just got the P90X program this week and havent really had the time to sit down with it and figure out the plan but I did play with the ab ripper portion of the disks and OMG ! Today Im in massive muscle pain! LOL

So I got out (its freakin cold in Indiana) and ran a mile this morning hoping to loosen up thos muscles a little and still feel like Ive been hit by a truck! So that means its working right???

Has anyone attempted this or even completed it? Would love to know your thoughts on it.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:04 PM
County Mike

It's a great workout. I use it for my warm up.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:39 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
I just got the P90X program this week and havent really had the time to sit down with it and figure out the plan but I did play with the ab ripper portion of the disks and OMG ! Today Im in massive muscle pain! LOL

So I got out (its freakin cold in Indiana) and ran a mile this morning hoping to loosen up thos muscles a little and still feel like Ive been hit by a truck! So that means its working right???
Has anyone attempted this or even completed it? Would love to know your thoughts on it.
yup! It's working! I don't have it but I tried it at a friends house and then the next three days I coudn't lower myself into a chair without intense pain!

I got an X box connect for christmas and the Zumba disk and wow!

Now if I can only stick with it, I should be in great shape by the summer.

My problem is commitment..............

It's my problem with a lot of things actually.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:40 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

* humpf!*

show off!

Old 01-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Warm up?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
yup! It's working! I don't have it but I tried it at a friends house and then the next three days I coudn't lower myself into a chair without intense pain!

I got an X box connect for christmas and the Zumba disk and wow!

Now if I can only stick with it, I should be in great shape by the summer.

My problem is commitment..............

It's my problem with a lot of things actually.

I know I can stick with it once I start! I love a good challange, I think I just needed to know that it isnt going to kill me!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:44 PM
logrus

I think the abs is the best part of the disc. Its more a cardio blast then anything for me. I think the key is to be active and eat right with the meal plan they provide thus why avg joes see results and why others really dont.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I think the abs is the best part of the disc. Its more a cardio blast then anything for me. I think the key is to be active and eat right with the meal plan they provide thus why avg joes see results and why others really dont.
Ive done the ab ripper........I struggled but made it through and was too proud of myself. I woke up the next morning and rolled out of bed like I had been hit by a truck!! LOL.......took 4 days to recover.

I havent officially started yet. Found out last week that I have to have some minor surgery so I have to wait to start after my recovery........*sigh*
Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
Ive done the ab ripper........I struggled but made it through and was too proud of myself. I woke up the next morning and rolled out of bed like I had been hit by a truck!! LOL.......took 4 days to recover.

I havent officially started yet. Found out last week that I have to have some minor surgery so I have to wait to start after my recovery........*sigh*
We here at the MHF expect before and after photos like in the commercials.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Shoots like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
We here at the MHF expect before and after photos like in the commercials.
I have current photos on my profile, Im sure if this doesnt kill me I will take after shots! Im actually going to post a pic of Matt and I taken 1 1/2 years ago with a current pic after I complete this program. The difference already is amazing. But I feel great and cant wait to be healthier than I am now!

I wanna be comfortable in a bathing suit by summer!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 PM
CAVEMAN

P90X is good and all, but you can get the same results from a good kettlebell routine or crossfit routine, check link below:

http://www.crossfit.com/