Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-15-2011, 04:49 PM

Are y'all sure he's been suspended by the UFC? I haven't seen that; I did read where he was suspended from his part-time job as a wrestling coach in one of the articles I linked above in a previous post. Here's a paragraph from it:

Quote:
That one comment has become quite the headache for Volkmann, who has reportedly been visited and investigated by the Secret Service, and has now been put on administrative leave at his part-time job as assistant wrestling coach at White Bear Lake High School.
Also this from Volkmann:

Quote:
In a new interview with MMA Weekly, Volkmann shared the following sentiments: “There’s too many people that are too sensitive out there… I guess you’re definitely not supposed to have an opinion about certain policies that effect you… Last I checked we’re not in the Soviet Union… I talked to Monte (Cox) and Monte talked to the UFC and Joe Silva, and he said they’re not upset about it. They’re with me on this one.”
Old 01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Are y'all sure he's been suspended by the UFC? I haven't seen that; I did read where he was suspended from his part-time job as a wrestling coach in one of the articles I linked above in a previous post. Here's a paragraph from it:

Also this from Volkmann:
I actually originally heard on a talk radio show that the UFC suspended him, so maybe they got it mixed up with the school suspending him. I think it is just as jacked up for the school to suspend him kind of. But I'm sure he is not mad about it because he was put on paid leave I think. I've heard and read so many different sources it has gotten all mixed up in my overly simulated mind.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I actually originally heard on a talk radio show that the UFC suspended him, so maybe they got it mixed up with the school suspending him. I think it is just as jacked up for the school to suspend him kind of. But I'm sure he is not mad about it because he was put on paid leave I think. I've heard and read so many different sources it has gotten all mixed up in my overly simulated mind.
Maybe the higher ups at the school are Obama supporters. Anyone with a lick of sense who saw that video knows he was joking. I blame the media for making something out of nothing, but that's how it is these days, instead of reporting the news...real news, they have to put their spin on it.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
If you would have read what I wrote I said I just happened upon the blog about BO responding to Matt while I was searching for the story about Volkmann so I shared it. 2nd, I am fully aware of the politics section, and this has EVERYTHING to do with professional fighting according to your own post. He is getting treated more harshly over his views because he is a fighter. So I am so sorry if you don't like where I post, but this topic is related to the UFC, politics, and fighting. And do me a favor, don't call what I write "crap". It is really rude. If you see it as "crap" don't post on it. That would be an admission that you waste your time on "crap".
I just reread your post to see if I had missed something. Perhaps you forgot to say that you happened upon the blog about the President responding to Matt while you were searching for the story about Volkmann as it is not in the post that I was responding to. So yes, the first time I did read your post...hence my post which centered on failing to see a connection between the two topics. The connection now, however, does make sense so thank you for explaining it.

And I felt that your comment about our President's opinion was extremely rude to our President. So I called this comment crap. Not your entire post. If defending our President is a waste of time then I'm happy to waste my time stating my opinion. You're welcome to think low of our President's opinion, but I'm welcome to call a disrespect flag on posting things of that nature. It seemed to me Matt's post centered on showing respect and that he felt Senator McCain showed President Obama respect in his title and President Obama didn't show Senator McCain this respect. That was the message I got behind it. Yet your quote that I called crap seemed very disrespectful to President Obama, more for the opinion comment then calling him "BO" too. Just trying to make the point that I wasn't trying to be rude to you or attack you as a person. I simply did not like the comment.

Last edited by Irish Pride; 01-16-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
funny, Senator McCain wasn't even in ww2
He was actually in Gettysburg
am I the only one that finds that man creepy!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
BamaGrits84

[QUOTE=Irish Pride;148295]And I felt that your comment about our President's opinion was extremely rude to our President. So I called this comment crap. Not your entire post. If defending our President is a waste of time then I'm happy to waste my time stating my opinion. You're welcome to think low of our President's opinion, but I'm welcome to call a disrespect flag on posting things of that nature. It seemed to me Matt's post centered on showing respect and that he felt Senator McCain showed President Obama respect in his title and President Obama didn't show Senator McCain this respect. That was the message I got behind it. Yet your quote that I called crap seemed very disrespectful to President Obama, more for the opinion comment then calling him "BO" too.[QUOTE]

Matt pointed out why McCain has earned respect. As for me respecting our president I can honestly say he gets zero from me. As Tyburn mentioned earlier, respect is earned. I have yet to see him do one single thing I find worthy of respect. Have you? Forcing healthcare reform down our throats despite the clear oposition by the majority of Americans? I don't equate being a bully with earning respect. Not this really has gone from being related to the UFC to being about politics so I won't post anymore on here about it.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Just to close out this argument I think the reason President Obama gets so much crap is because he is not a Caucasian Republican or Democrat. Just saying...
Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Just to close out this argument I think the reason President Obama gets so much crap is because he is not a Caucasian Republican or Democrat. Just saying...
in before the "brainwashed", "stupid liberal media" and so on comments .. LOL
Old 01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
And I felt that your comment about our President's opinion was extremely rude to our President. So I called this comment crap. Not your entire post. If defending our President is a waste of time then I'm happy to waste my time stating my opinion. You're welcome to think low of our President's opinion, but I'm welcome to call a disrespect flag on posting things of that nature.
Sometimes your President does speak rubbish.

Case in point...France is a better Ally to the United States then Britain

Which is what he said in public when joined by the President of The Frog Republic.

Thats unsupported nonsence. Increadibly offensive in the face of our sacrifices....and I am not afraid to say it like it is. He shouldnt have said it, he should be ashamed of himself for saying it...and he doesnt deserve our continued support for saying it.

One should never reward bad behaviour.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

And GWB stated that Mexico was the US' greatest North American ally .. nothing wrong with that ... but you don't see the US worried about the unguarded 49th parallel, issues with illegals and so on .. every president is going to say something that meets their agenda