Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Superman-Batman Apocalypse

http://warnervideo.com/supermanbatmanapocalypse/

Just finished watching this!!!! WOW!!!.. loved it. The art style for Batman was a little "gothic" for the reset.. but no bad at all.. and the movie follows the comics nicely!!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:15 PM

Yeah, this was pretty awesome. I liked the final fight in the comic book version much better (Superman flies into a rage and single-handedly deals Darkseid a beating he'll never forget), on the whole it was excellently done.

Have you watched Batman: Under the Red Hood? That rivaled The Dark Knight in grit value.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
rearnakedchoke

Always wondered about Bat-Man .. is he really a super-hero? he doesn't have any super powers does he? i don't know if that is a requirement, but i can't think of many who don't ...
Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Default Batman

I would qualify him as a superhero. Powers don't always need to be of the super-variety. He is, for all intents and purposes, the smartest human hero in any comic book universe. Just as intelligent as Superman is strong. Or was...Bruce Wayne is dead in the comics.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
I would qualify him as a superhero. Powers don't always need to be of the super-variety. He is, for all intents and purposes, the smartest human hero in any comic book universe. Just as intelligent as Superman is strong. Or was...Bruce Wayne is dead in the comics.
smarter than reed richards or tony stark?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:50 AM

Yep. Stark and Richards are each one kind of scientist. Engineer and physicist/chemist. With Batman, however, you get the total package. He knows:

Forensics
Deduction
Chemistry
Pharmaceuticals
Entymology
Ecology
Botany
Nuclear Physics
Theoretical Physics
Linguistics
Ballistics
Engineering
Martial Science
Kinetics
Biology
Neurology
Psychology
and others...

Though not a master of all of them, he uses them all, in tandem or individually, against his foes. And he has defeated some of the most dreadful opponents in comic books, including Darkseid, as we saw in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
Yeah, this was pretty awesome. I liked the final fight in the comic book version much better (Superman flies into a rage and single-handedly deals Darkseid a beating he'll never forget), on the whole it was excellently done.

Have you watched Batman: Under the Red Hood? That rivaled The Dark Knight in grit value.

Under the Red Hood was the best of the Batman animated movies... there was something that I remember that I didn't like..

I want to say it was the inclusion of Nightwing instead of Tim. Not sure.. will have to watch it again tonight..