Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-06-2011, 03:52 AM

Default Ethiopia

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church in Axum claims to have the authentic Ark of the Covenant (said to be kept here), according to a documentary I saw. They allegedly only show it to high ranking dignitaries, making the claim unreliable. Historically, there was a replica made, but it's unverifiable if it survived at all, which could very well be what the Ethiopians have if they have. Obviously they do possess one of the two if they work so hard to keep the public from entering the chapel or the church itself. The same documentary I saw (from the "Ancient Secrets of the Bible" series) interviews a Rabbi who, along with several others, discovered a tunnel underneath the temple after a tremor which led to a hidden chamber, and they saw what they claimed was the ark. Muslims apparently sealed up the chamber it was sitting in, and they haven't been able to excavate it since.

Not a lot to go on, but interesting to consider. In Revelation, it depicts the Ark of the Covenant descending from Heaven, so that would be the most likely location.

Last edited by Stormhammer; 01-06-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
The Ethiopian Orthodox Church in Axum claims to have the authentic Ark of the Covenant (said to be kept here), according to a documentary I saw. They allegedly only show it to high ranking dignitaries, making the claim unreliable. Historically, there was a replica made, but it's unverifiable if it survived at all, which could very well be what the Ethiopians have if they have. Obviously they do possess one of the two if they work so hard to keep the public from entering the chapel or the church itself. The same documentary I saw (from the "Ancient Secrets of the Bible" series) interviews a Rabbi who, along with several others, discovered a tunnel underneath the temple after a tremor which led to a hidden chamber, and they saw what they claimed was the ark. Muslims apparently sealed up the chamber it was sitting in, and they haven't been able to excavate it since.

Not a lot to go on, but interesting to consider. In Revelation, it depicts the Ark of the Covenant descending from Heaven, so that would be the most likely location.
MOst likely because God would nto want anyone making it a symbol of worship, much the way the catholic did with their relics in the early histroy of the church.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
It is in a wooden crate in a large warehouse.
LOL...

When I saw this thread I came here to post that EXACT response!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
this has been my belief

i believe it is either destroyed or in heaven , tho like nate said, there is absolutely nothing to substantiate that thought

the prupose of the AotC was for the spirit of God to be in the israelites,
since we now have the Holy Spirit and when Jesus returns, well, we'll have King Jesus, I don't know that the ark has anymore value, so it would stand to reason it would be destroyed
thats not quite accurate. The Ark was supposed to be the footstool of GOD..his very presence would appear between the two host depicted in Gold on the lid. If he has a throne in the Millenial Temple, then he will have his footstool.

It has value because its supposed to be an object fit for the throne room itself. Remember, the designs and measurements of the Ark (both Arks, Noahs and of the Covernant) were given specifically by GOD, in the same way the Tabernackles, and the Millenial Temple specifications and designs are in the Bible...it even says which alters go in which positions within the tents and temples.

GOD stept onto the Ark in EXACTLY the same way he stept onto the Mountain when Moses went up to receive the Law So if it is in Heaven right now...he's got his feet on top of it
Old 01-07-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
MOst likely because God would nto want anyone making it a symbol of worship, much the way the catholic did with their relics in the early histroy of the church.
Agreed. Just like God buried the bones of Moses in a place no one will ever find.