Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well its been a rollercoaster today....I got up and was feeling fine, then I felt nervous coz my mother was having an opporation at the hospital but Father texted me to tell me it went well, but then this afternoon I felt icky...and then I came home and felt fine...so I went to the laundrette and took my book with me...but on the way back I lost my bookmark, and then I was really sad because it was a present to me when I graduated from a close friend...so I felt sad and then I pigged out a little (thankfully I didnt spend any money...I just had some cerial and at least it used up the olde milk) so then I felt uber bad because of that...so I texted my friend and told him all about it...and he replied to say that everything passes away but we remain and that we are going to meet up again soon...and now I feel happy again

I love this place...its like a little online world full of the nicest friends
Hope your mom has a swift recovery, Dave.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

I am soooo incredibly frustrated.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-05-2011, 01:45 AM
DonnaMaria

Sad sad sad sad sad.........like I could cry a million tears

a little girl in my afternoon class was removed from her home by DYFS. Apparently the mother was selling drugs, doing drugs.......all kinds of horrible stuff that no one knew about until the police raided the place........

and now she is gone......and I never got to say goodbye to her and I don't know where she is and I am just sick about what she had to endure before she was rescued........and I wonder if her situation now is better or worse........

she was the sweetest little girl with the biggest smile and the most beautiful eyes and the most gentle soul...........
Old 01-05-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post

a little girl in my afternoon class was removed from her home by DYFS. Apparently the mother was selling drugs, doing drugs.......all kinds of horrible stuff that no one knew about until the police raided the place........

and now she is gone......and I never got to say goodbye to her and I don't know where she is and I am just sick about what she had to endure before she was rescued........and I wonder if her situation now is better or worse........

she was the sweetest little girl with the biggest smile and the most beautiful eyes and the most gentle soul...........
I hope she's going to be okay, DonnaMaria. It's so scary and sad to think what some children go through because of their parents (and I use that word loosely ).

If you find out anything, let us know, okay.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Oh, the poor little thing. It breaks my heart when I hear these horrendous stories, I hope she is in a better situation now and that you will hear some follow-up, DonnaMaria.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:

A sad story that is unfortunately all too common these days. She needed to get out of there. I hope she is placed with a caring foster family.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
County Mike

Sad story Donna. Hopefully she's better off now.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Twinsmama

that really stinks. they watch houses for months sometimes before they do anything so I'm sure she will be better off. no telling what she has seen lately.
My brother is going through this right now....he is actually on the other side of it. he is raising his nephews (from his wifes side) becuase they were taken by the state. here they always offer them to the family members first. so hopefully she's got a nice family member that has her and she never had to spend a night in a weird place. my brother got a call at 9pm to come get teh kids or they were going to a foster home. there are even financial incentives so the family taking them aren't burdened. (food stamps for the kid and a monthly payment of cash)

hope that makes you feel a little better.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:20 PM
DonnaMaria

Thank you all for your words and concern. I had a very sleepless night but today I got some good news.........

The school that the little girl is attending sent for her records. So we know she is going to preschool. And I know where the school is located, so I am conforted by that.

And she is being cared for by her biological father.

So..........it's all good news. I just wish things had been different and I wish I could see her little face again. But I am just thankful that she is okay now.

This is the second little one that was removed by DYFS this school year. Another little girl left for Thanksgiving vacation and never returned because she was removed on the holiday and given to her grandmother who lives out of state. We never got to say goodbye to her either.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I am soooo incredibly frustrated.

~Amy
I hope things get better Nurse Amy.. I'm sending you positive vibes...<3