Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It may not always be a bad thing, but it is usually a bad thing.
Fair enough
Old 12-30-2010, 10:35 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I believe the principles that the Constitution stands for are timeless, so it doesn't matter if the document was written 200 years ago or 2000 years ago.
But doesn't it boil down to how it's interpreted?

We see the same thing with The Bible. Often times people interpret the messages a different way. If two preachers both interpret a passage differently, only one is going to be right, but does it mean the preacher who is wrong hates God or Christianity?

As I've said, I'm not an expert on all the ins and outs of the constitution, and I love to hear explanations from those who know more about it than I do. But I don't always consider the constitution to be a trump card in every political debate.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:13 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Of course locals are more likely to find missing people faster, there are MORE locals than FEDS, that's just a numbers game.

Fact is, if some back-woods county in Alabama doesn't have the money or doesn't wanna spend the money (because government is evil) on properly equipping their local police then many serious crimes can slip right through the cracks. The FBI is essentially the national police, and if we are going to bother having any federal laws whatsoever, then we should have an agency that enforces those laws.
Are you suggesting that the FBI would assist those backwoods counties or would even provide equipment?
Old 12-31-2010, 03:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Are you suggesting that the FBI would assist those backwoods counties or would even provide equipment?
Isn't that what they already do in many cases?
Old 12-31-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
yes you are right Nate a lot of things have changed in the past 50 years and a lot more things will change in the next 50...but there will always be laws to protect children not only from predators but also from themselves as well.
Just because there are laws doesn't mean children are protected from predators whether they be a stranger or someone they know and trust. I consider polygamists predators also. A predator could care less about the law. Laws are usually created/passed after the fact as we've seen with many of these kidnapped and murdered children cases; and they are usually enforced after the fact in dealing with the perpetrator and his crime which means there is already a victim.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
So that kind of perversion is ok? Because 2 adults consent?
Quote:
your coming into this discussion a little late i see...no one ever said that being gay was okay....i was just saying its not comparable at all to a pedophile that rapes and kills innocent children....or do you think i'm wrong as well?
For the record, if anything I posted came off as a "comparison" between the two, it wasn't meant to be. Both are perversions and that's really the point here. If society is now willing to allow and accept one form of perversion, they've proven they are quite capable of being swayed to redefine the boundaries of what is considered unacceptable. I know you've already stated you don't feel the same way so we can agree to disagree on this.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-31-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
So that kind of perversion is ok? Because 2 adults consent?
for those two adults.. I guess so.. Not like it is my right to tell them what they can and can't do as long as that's what they both want.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey I thought you weren't supposed to tell?????????

Where's Boomer when you need him???????????
Right here!!! Sorry holidays have had me busy ..... soooo what'd I miss and what you need Chuck? People picking on you??

Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Just because there are laws doesn't mean children are protected from predators whether they be a stranger or someone they know and trust. I consider polygamists predators also. A predator could care less about the law. Laws are usually created/passed after the fact as we've seen with many of these kidnapped and murdered children cases; and they are usually enforced after the fact in dealing with the perpetrator and his crime which means there is already a victim.

For the record, if anything I posted came off as a "comparison" between the two, it wasn't meant to be. Both are perversions and that's really the point here. If society is now willing to allow and accept one form of perversion, they've proven they are quite capable of being swayed to redefine the boundaries of what is considered unacceptable. I know you've already stated you don't feel the same way so we can agree to disagree on this.
1.the same can be said for every law ever written.

2.you dont seem to have much faith in the majority of people out there....and i'm really amazed you see no difference in the two.

Last edited by bradwright; 12-31-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
1.the same can be said for every law ever written.

2.you dont seem to have much faith in the majority of people out there....and i'm really amazed you see no difference in the two.
1. That's true, but since you've been specifically talking about laws protecting children that's what I commented on.

2. You are leaping and bounding...still. I haven't ever commented period on the difference between them because I never meant anything I've said so far in my posts TO BE A COMPARISON IN THAT WAY other than what I've stated that both are perversions and both are wrong.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-31-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
you contradict yourself here, You claim he is soverign and in the same breathe calim he changed his mind. That is a impossible. He is either soverign or not. If he is than he knew the result and thus allowed Moses the free will to mkae the chnage. GOd knew it would happen so thus not a mind change or a contradiction. Only Atheist use that exmaple I am surprised you would use it
It says God relented - he changed his mind. I don't see it as something to knowdown God - its a divine tension. I will expand further when I have time. It is postitive not a negative connatation