Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 12-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It may not always be a bad thing, but it is usually a bad thing.
Fair enough
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 12-30-2010, 10:35 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I believe the principles that the Constitution stands for are timeless, so it doesn't matter if the document was written 200 years ago or 2000 years ago.
But doesn't it boil down to how it's interpreted?

We see the same thing with The Bible. Often times people interpret the messages a different way. If two preachers both interpret a passage differently, only one is going to be right, but does it mean the preacher who is wrong hates God or Christianity?

As I've said, I'm not an expert on all the ins and outs of the constitution, and I love to hear explanations from those who know more about it than I do. But I don't always consider the constitution to be a trump card in every political debate.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 12-31-2010, 02:13 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Of course locals are more likely to find missing people faster, there are MORE locals than FEDS, that's just a numbers game.

Fact is, if some back-woods county in Alabama doesn't have the money or doesn't wanna spend the money (because government is evil) on properly equipping their local police then many serious crimes can slip right through the cracks. The FBI is essentially the national police, and if we are going to bother having any federal laws whatsoever, then we should have an agency that enforces those laws.
Are you suggesting that the FBI would assist those backwoods counties or would even provide equipment?
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:11 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Are you suggesting that the FBI would assist those backwoods counties or would even provide equipment?
Isn't that what they already do in many cases?
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:49 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
yes you are right Nate a lot of things have changed in the past 50 years and a lot more things will change in the next 50...but there will always be laws to protect children not only from predators but also from themselves as well.
Just because there are laws doesn't mean children are protected from predators whether they be a stranger or someone they know and trust. I consider polygamists predators also. A predator could care less about the law. Laws are usually created/passed after the fact as we've seen with many of these kidnapped and murdered children cases; and they are usually enforced after the fact in dealing with the perpetrator and his crime which means there is already a victim.


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
So that kind of perversion is ok? Because 2 adults consent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
your coming into this discussion a little late i see...no one ever said that being gay was okay....i was just saying its not comparable at all to a pedophile that rapes and kills innocent children....or do you think i'm wrong as well?
For the record, if anything I posted came off as a "comparison" between the two, it wasn't meant to be. Both are perversions and that's really the point here. If society is now willing to allow and accept one form of perversion, they've proven they are quite capable of being swayed to redefine the boundaries of what is considered unacceptable. I know you've already stated you don't feel the same way so we can agree to disagree on this.
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-31-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
So that kind of perversion is ok? Because 2 adults consent?
for those two adults.. I guess so.. Not like it is my right to tell them what they can and can't do as long as that's what they both want.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,939
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey I thought you weren't supposed to tell?????????

Where's Boomer when you need him???????????
Right here!!! Sorry holidays have had me busy ..... soooo what'd I miss and what you need Chuck? People picking on you??

__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Just because there are laws doesn't mean children are protected from predators whether they be a stranger or someone they know and trust. I consider polygamists predators also. A predator could care less about the law. Laws are usually created/passed after the fact as we've seen with many of these kidnapped and murdered children cases; and they are usually enforced after the fact in dealing with the perpetrator and his crime which means there is already a victim.




For the record, if anything I posted came off as a "comparison" between the two, it wasn't meant to be. Both are perversions and that's really the point here. If society is now willing to allow and accept one form of perversion, they've proven they are quite capable of being swayed to redefine the boundaries of what is considered unacceptable. I know you've already stated you don't feel the same way so we can agree to disagree on this.
1.the same can be said for every law ever written.

2.you dont seem to have much faith in the majority of people out there....and i'm really amazed you see no difference in the two.

Last edited by bradwright; 12-31-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
1.the same can be said for every law ever written.

2.you dont seem to have much faith in the majority of people out there....and i'm really amazed you see no difference in the two.
1. That's true, but since you've been specifically talking about laws protecting children that's what I commented on.

2. You are leaping and bounding...still. I haven't ever commented period on the difference between them because I never meant anything I've said so far in my posts TO BE A COMPARISON IN THAT WAY other than what I've stated that both are perversions and both are wrong.
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-31-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
you contradict yourself here, You claim he is soverign and in the same breathe calim he changed his mind. That is a impossible. He is either soverign or not. If he is than he knew the result and thus allowed Moses the free will to mkae the chnage. GOd knew it would happen so thus not a mind change or a contradiction. Only Atheist use that exmaple I am surprised you would use it
It says God relented - he changed his mind. I don't see it as something to knowdown God - its a divine tension. I will expand further when I have time. It is postitive not a negative connatation
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.