Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #341  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Do your duty and keep your private business private!
I think you forgot a private...

Do you duty and keep your private business private Private!!!
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
well Nate i tried to send you a PM but you have me blocked.
anyway take a look at post 269 and 306 and let me know if you consider those a bit insulting or not.
Don't take it personal, Brad, I tried to send him a "Merry Christmas" and I was blocked too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Brad, I believe the whole "comparison" thing started when you asked Nathan if he thought homosexuals were criminals. So he used pedaphiles as the closest example I imagine because both involve unnatural sexual acts.
Actually I would argue that it's not an unnatural sex act. An unnatural sexual desire I would agree with.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Brad, I believe the whole "comparison" thing started when you asked Nathan if he thought homosexuals were criminals. So he used pedaphiles as the closest example I imagine because both involve unnatural sexual acts.
well actually the reason i asked was because he made a comparison between the two.

Bonnie i believe in God just the same as you do but i dont believe being Gay and being a pedophile should ever be compared....i find it to be rather insulting to the countless number of children out there that have been preyed upon by human predators and have had either there lives ruined or their lives taken in the process.

while being gay is not something i believe to be without sin i do see it to be without legal consequences in most parts of the free world.

Last edited by bradwright; 12-30-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: because i'm stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Actually I would argue that it's not an unnatural sex act. An unnatural sexual desire I would agree with.
Hmmm...it's an unnatural desire but not unnatural if you actually do it. Interesting thinking there. Or have I misunderstood what you're saying?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Ok we know god is sovereign over everything. He beyond time, has everything set and planned all known to him. Agreed?

So why when God is ready to wipe the israelites off the planet for their continued disobediance does Moses plead with God, remind him of the convent and say that people will call him a cruel god. The Text says that God relented - he changed his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he did. That right there is a divine tension. Likewise we know when our day is numbered by the Lord yet the Lord yearns for us to pray for him concerning our worries and likewise to pray for our health. If I have cancer that is allowed by God - should I just accept it and breath no word of complaint - perhaps but no - I can pray for healing. That's a divine tension.

contradiction as stated is the wrong word to use. But it is important to see these things.
you contradict yourself here, You claim he is soverign and in the same breathe calim he changed his mind. That is a impossible. He is either soverign or not. If he is than he knew the result and thus allowed Moses the free will to mkae the chnage. GOd knew it would happen so thus not a mind change or a contradiction. Only Atheist use that exmaple I am surprised you would use it
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hmmm...it's an unnatural desire but not unnatural if you actually do it. Interesting thinking there. Or have I misunderstood what you're saying?
I'm probably going to text you on this one... ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
well actually the reason i asked was because he made a comparison between the two.

Bonnie i believe in God just the same as you do but i dont believe being Gay and being a pedophile should ever be compared....i find it to be rather insulting to the countless number of children out there that have been preyed upon by human predators and have had either there lives ruined or their lives taken in the process.

while being gay is not something i believe to be without sin i do see it to be without legal consequences in most parts of the free world.
The comparriosn is not in the act but the logic by which they are attempting acceptence. They are the exact same because they come from the same propaganda mill. Once you give an inch they will take a mile. And as NateR said the both violate Gods law. In their minds both groups believe what htey do is normal and should be acceptable, you cannot say yes to one and ingnore the other. You have not in any way proven that you can sperate the two in any other way but is violation to your consceince. In the court of public opinion they will one day be the same if we continue down this slippery slope.
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
you contradict yourself here, You claim he is soverign and in the same breathe calim he changed his mind. That is a impossible. He is either soverign or not. If he is than he knew the result and thus allowed Moses the free will to mkae the chnage. GOd knew it would happen so thus not a mind change or a contradiction. Only Atheist use that exmaple I am surprised you would use it
How do you define sovereign Chris?

And fyi... it's comments like "Only Atheist use that example" that cause tension and make people think you're rude. When you state your opinion as fact it tends to come across wrong I think.

Maybe something like "that's normally an example an Atheist would use" would be received better? What say you?
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'm probably going to text you on this one... ;-)
Sounds like it might be a long one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.