Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
So if a gay man decides to serve without telling anyone, how could he get kicked out? What do they use as PROOF that he's gay? You can't just look under the hood and declare him gay. If he insists that he's straight, what happens?
Probably have a court martial about it I would imagine.

Same thing as going to court if they find you guilty doesn't matter if you claim your innocent..
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
So if a gay man decides to serve without telling anyone, how could he get kicked out? What do they use as PROOF that he's gay? You can't just look under the hood and declare him gay. If he insists that he's straight, what happens?
dude... don't use the term.. "look under the hood" and gay at the same time...

"shudder"....

But that is the point of contention.. as I understand it... the repeal of "don't ask don't tell".. now they will be able to ask.. and if you answer honestly.. and you are gay.. your booted.... if your dishonest.. and say you are not when you are gay... your booted.. and you can also get "conduct unbecoming" charges.. (as if gay acts are not unbecoming to some)..

With DADT... gays could not admit they were gay.. and people couldn't ask... and "per some people" that fosters "living a lie"..

so no one is happy either way.. and all people want to do is serve the country that they love.. or at the very least become a better person/learn a trade/skill.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
dude... don't use the term.. "look under the hood" and gay at the same time...

"shudder"....

But that is the point of contention.. as I understand it... the repeal of "don't ask don't tell".. now they will be able to ask.. and if you answer honestly.. and you are gay.. your booted.... if your dishonest.. and say you are not when you are gay... your booted.. and you can also get "conduct unbecoming" charges.. (as if gay acts are not unbecoming to some)..

With DADT... gays could not admit they were gay.. and people couldn't ask... and "per some people" that fosters "living a lie"..

so no one is happy either way.. and all people want to do is serve the country that they love.. or at the very least become a better person/learn a trade/skill.
Same would apply to a straight person who is married and has an affair and is caught.. Kicked on out! So it's not just "gays" that are booted out...There are lots of ways to get kicked out we don't hear about, because it's not made a civil rights issue.. My grumpy face is not at you it's at all this hoopla!!
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
There are lots of ways to get kicked out we don't hear about, because it's not made a civil rights issue.. My grumpy face is not at you it's at all this hoopla!!
That's ok.. I have seen you make your face at me a few times.. so we are good.


I am not comfortable honestly with this being a civil rights issue.. but to be honest.. what else could you call it?
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 280
Default

Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Aside from failing the basic intelligence exam what do we rightly think should prevent a patriot from trying their hardest to be of some kind of good use to the country?

Please keep in mind the word patriot I used there. I do not mean some muslim terrorist bent on the downfall of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I don't think physical handicap should exclude someone from military service perhaps from combat but not from military service.

Really what I'm getting at here is that criminals are not patriots. You obviously don't love your country much if your commiting crimes against its citizens.

I gave the word patriot to much room for interpretation. That's my bad.
See how you have already had to make special allowances and exclusions for those you have allowed in because they passed the test. You would have to hire a whole unit of people, supervisors, and legal personnel just to keep up with what they can and can't do, make provisions, and still not violate any civil rights. Don't they have better things to worry about?

This sounds good in theory but will never be feasible.

I want my military to be the best of the best. Maybe Wheelchair Johnny can serve at the post office or for the IRS.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

I agree with Mark (as usual).



Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I want my military to be the best of the best. Maybe Wheelchair Johnny can serve at the post office or for the IRS.

some of the best minds in the world have had physical handicaps or even mental handicaps of some types...

To use your analogy.. even the military have post offices and need mail clerks.. and "bean counters"

Just cause you have a handicap of some type.. does not mean you can't be the "best of the best". To imply otherwise seems really short sighted and narrow minded.. and even insulting to those that became handicapped while serving in the armed forces.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i will go real slow so you understand...

ONE....IS...A...CRIMINAL....ACT...AND...ONE...IS.. .NOT ! ! ! ! ! !

ONE....IS....A...CONSENTING....ACT....BETWEEN....T WO....ADULTS....AND....THE....OTHER....IS.....AN.. ..ACT...OF....RAPE....BY...AN....ADULT...ON...A... MINOR
and for you or anyone to compare the two as being the same just screams insanity on your part.
so unless you dont see a pedophile as being a criminal then it is you that fails your burden of rebuttal....
Brad you need to take a class in logic you are cluess man. BTW sodomy is still illegal in almost every state the problem is they do not enforce those laws on fear of lawsuit. So cities and states cave in order to spare the cost. You may want to educate yourself before you flap your gums with such nonsesne. So lets review so you can understand. Your logic is that they are different because one is illegal the other is not. The facts are in most municpalites they are both illegal. So you case is shot go dig up a better excuse. BTW I noticed NateR found some leaks in your argument but I'll addresst that comment when I get to it.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
You must be referring to the Bill of Rights correct?

If you actually read the US Constitution before the amendments.. there is little that I remember specifically about religion..

Now the 2nd amendment... that's a great one..

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "


Had the framers said "God".. wouldn't you agree that some groups would say.. "Allah" is God.. and others use the word god.. to describe what they belived the framers meant...


If only they had been more specific... or maybe it was done intentionaly.. like maybe other documents that we belive in ...
1. the 2nd is not religion but guns here is the text for your review A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

2. The bill of rights is all of the first 10 amendments not the declaration as I was refering to Jefferson said all rights are endowed by their creator

3. The amendment you are refering to as the 2nd is the 1st and it is refering to no federal church circe the Church of England ect ect. Till 1844 there were several states with state churches paid by tax dollars so you argument does nto stand apart for post moder revisionist history

4 we know what the framer meant because the have the transcripts to the debates as well as they all wrote commentaries after the fact. There is no question what they meant except to those who are undereducated, brainwased by liberal public schools, or just plain ignorant.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.