Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-26-2010, 05:25 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
All of this has been truly building and intensifying like the frequency of birth pangs before giving birth since Jesus ascended.

There is not one item here listed that was worse then than it is now. Right now. And these are the most important signs of all to pay attention to.

The rapture is coming soon.
Last time I checked we were not being dipped in tar and used as human torches or fed to lions for sport. Sure some countires have ligitmate martyrs, but it is presumptious to even think we have it worse than them. God's time table is not ours. The rapture (second and only coming) has been soon since the day Jesus proclaimed it. This is why we should spend more time in the bible and less in the Newspapers invents eamples circa the Jack Van Impes of our day. Jesus said watch and be ready and get others ready he nevers once said anything more than to keep an eye on the season so that we would not get caught off guard. Simple traslation for that is DO what he said and don't screw it up. Not a single person will be scared into heaven. They will only come by the Spirits leading unto repentace. This is why so many will say Lord Lord and he will say I never knew you!!!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Last time I checked we were not being dipped in tar and used as human torches or fed to lions for sport. Sure some countires have ligitmate martyrs, but it is presumptious to even think we have it worse than them. God's time table is not ours. The rapture (second and only coming) has been soon since the day Jesus proclaimed it. This is why we should spend more time in the bible and less in the Newspapers invents eamples circa the Jack Van Impes of our day. Jesus said watch and be ready and get others ready he nevers once said anything more than to keep an eye on the season so that we would not get caught off guard. Simple traslation for that is DO what he said and don't screw it up. Not a single person will be scared into heaven. They will only come by the Spirits leading unto repentace. This is why so many will say Lord Lord and he will say I never knew you!!!!!
Between 2-4 million Christians were killed in Rome during those dark days. They have found burial tombs with thousands. I agree - the Romans were cruel. But today, Christian persecution is far greater in number. Being Christian in many countries is akin to being the devil himself. China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc...heck, even in the US. Persecution takes on many forms. There are far more Christians today Chris, therefore there is far more persecution of Christians today.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-26-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Between 2-4 million Christians were killed in Rome during those dark days. They have found burial tombs with thousands. I agree - the Romans were cruel. But today, Christian persecution is far greater in number. Being Christian in many countries is akin to being the devil himself. China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc...heck, even in the US. Persecution takes on many forms. There are far more Christians today Chris, therefore there is far more persecution of Christians today.
yeah right America and the UK suffer persecution like they did in the day! Jesus prepares us to lose everything, when you are chucked out of the synagogue, and slapped - give them the other one - when someone takes you cloak, offer them your tunic because you will lose both.

We are warned that all our possessions are viable for others to take.

The persecution in China and Iraq for example are bad and I pray for our brothers and sisters out there. The greatest thing is Christianity is flourishing out there. Did you know the Chinese made all Christians in high places bin men as punishment! How Glorious is god that he made them all binman, Christians who get to visit houses everyday through their work!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
yeah right America and the UK suffer persecution like they did in the day! Jesus prepares us to lose everything, when you are chucked out of the synagogue, and slapped - give them the other one - when someone takes you cloak, offer them your tunic because you will lose both.

We are warned that all our possessions are viable for others to take.

The persecution in China and Iraq for example are bad and I pray for our brothers and sisters out there. The greatest thing is Christianity is flourishing out there. Did you know the Chinese made all Christians in high places bin men as punishment! How Glorious is god that he made them all binman, Christians who get to visit houses everyday through their work!
True, the persecution is the BEST thing that can happen to some Christians. That doesn't make it right however, for the persecutor does it?

And that is the point here: There is more pervasive persecution around the globe than EVER before. The world is blind to the Gospel, and does not value it, so they see it as the enemy of their salvation (their own ability to save themselves (see: tower of Babel).

We are talking signs. Frequency, and intensity. Even in the UK and the US Christians are being silenced, while leaders in both nations seek to kow tow to the whim of the traditional enemies of Christianity - Islam.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Ad Numerean is a fallaciaical argument Vizion. The facts of the matters is it is by far safer to be a follower today than it ever was in those days. China and the Mid East and other parts of Asia are the only ones really losing their lives for the sake of the gospel. But I agree we are in the last days and need to be ready. That you will get no disagreement here.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Crisco

I didn't have time to go through all of this thread so im going to be awesome and just post a reply to as far as I got.

I preach the gospel as much as I am able. Because my mother has seen the change in me she has decided she would like to attend church with me and work on her salvation.

I am far from a bible scholar but I'm trying my best.

This stance may not be biblical but from my personal xperience if you do not have a very solid knowledge of scripture and pratice your oratory in terms of combating the sceptic you can often do moe to hurt someones walk with christ then help.

Many a times have I seen on the internet and in real life someone use bad bible logic and false teachings to alienate and chase away anyone who may have wanted to listen.

I bring this up as a response to vizion and my direct meaning I suppose is that sure a great many Christians are lazy but I do believe there is a fair amount of us that hesitate in some situations to share the gospel because they don't have the grounded knowledge to compete with the world.

I know for myself the great knowledge of some of the posters on this forum aswell as the pastors at calvary chapel have really helped me better understand a lot of scripture and that was what really cemented my faith in Christ because they actually knew enough about the gospel to make it believable.

All I'm saying is that we're suppose to evangelise for the glory of God and to try and save others not for our own glory and bragging rights.. If you someone feels like they would do more to hurt someones walk then help I think its right that they keep their mouth shut or keep the conversation simple.