Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Again, you can't back up your claim. You can't prove squat. I understand how it is hard to admit that you aren't able to back your claim up trying instead to deflect the issue now to songs. What a cop out.

The "under god" part wasn't always in the Pledge of Allegiance. I believe it was added in the 1950's. That is just a red herring that you are throwing in to again deflect from the issue of you proving your statement about the Constitution.
and the rest of it? your National Anthem? is THAT a red herring? and your Union Battle Hymn...is THAT a red herring...those things are enough to show you the true definition of GOD considered by your forefathers, you must re-read your constitution in light of THAT wisdom, and you will see that the entireity ASSUMES that one is OBVIOUSLY Christian

Anywhooo...you dont need to thank me for bringing you the music or anything but when you have words like that second verse in the National Anthem, then is bloody OBVIOUS what your supposed to believe if you are American...if you dont believe it...on what basis do you believe that you actually are American...at least in the way your forefathers believed...and if you think you are an ammendment on that...then you have no right to claim other parts of their creation as your own...this isnt a pick and choose identity...you cant sware alligence to HALF the flag

"O Thus be it ever
when Free men shall stand
Between their loved homes
and the wars dessolation
Blest with Victory and peace
may the Heavens rescued land
praise the power that hath made
and presurved us a Nation
then conqure we must
when our cuase it is just
and this be our Motto
in GOD is our Trust"

You have all the proof that you need. Now...YOU proove that the Nation that has THAT in its National Anthem doesnt assume its Citizens are Christian. Tell me how many heathern "praise the power that hath made and presrved (you) a Nation" from a "Heaven Rescued Land" Honnestly, what appauls me about the post-modern world is their ability to not bother to take stock of what it is they sing or place their trust in. America is supposed to be a Nation of Christians who live in Freedom under GOD, and fight for Justice and Peace...what is so difficult to understand about that based on all your folk songs, your battle hymns, your constitution, your currency, the history of your founders...

..Should an American be any other way????...what?? you want to be like the British who composed the words and the lyrics before you adopted it...those who effectively abandoned GOD? Most of whom dont even know the words of the Second Verse of the National Anthem sinse its almost always missed out for first and third....you want to become like Britian? A nation of Pretence, Poltical Correctness, Health and Safety Kill Joys, Multicultural Tollerance, Secularism and Religious Expressionism for anything other then Jesus Christ??

These are not just idol or foolish words I present you with they are an ideal, a GODly philosophy that I fear even the post-modern Americans are slowly being BLINDED to. DONT lose what you have, DO NOT lose your love and cherisment for what is Sacred...or you will end up like us!!!

"O Lord, Our GOD arise
Scatter Her Enemies
and make them fall
Confound their politics
frustrate their knavish tricks
on thee Our Hopes we fix
GOD save us all...."

Though the tune originally had Seven Verses, THREE of which were invocations specifically to GOD...sadly, one called for a particular distruction of a Nation, now in our Union hahahaha, so we dont sing that one anymore...but here are the two other Defunct Verses

Not in this land alone
But be God's mercies known
From shore to shore
Lord make the nations see
That men should brothers be
And form one family
The wide world over

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring
May he sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush (I can laugh, I'm only two generations removed from a Scot Patriach LOL)
God save the Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwziS2aE6Ww

Last edited by Tyburn; 03-01-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Buzzard

Yes Dave, using the National Anthem which wasn't written until well after the Constitution is a red herring in this argument. You keep deflecting from your original assertation and can't offer anything up. Here is one of your quotes I challenged you on.

Quote:
"You cant be that constitutionally American if you arent a Christian"
You have yet to offer anything such as an article number, section, or amendment from the U.S. Constitution to back up your claim. You made the claim about the Constitution, not a song written many many many years after to Constitution was written.

Sorry friend, if you can't back up your claim, I shall let this die and not entertain your deflections any longer.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I guess you have trouble with reading comprehension since I clearly stated that it is not one single quote that sums up the point Dave made about the constitution. You don't need to be a Christian to be an American, but you should acknowledge the impact that Christianity has had on shaping our nation, and our constitution. If you unable to do that without somebody on a message forum posting a myriad of links and references then you are simply inept.

The amount of evidence to support that our founding fathers built this nation on a solid foundation of Christian values is staggering. There are plenty of books and articles out there on the subject if you truly care about enlightening yourself. The best part about it is, all the people who have done the research, and written the books, and the articles, all have ONE source in common; The United States Constitution.
Friend, my reading comprehension is fine. Your defense of Dave is admirable though. The claim made wasn't about acknowledging the impact of Christianity. In fact, the word Christian or Christianity isn't even mentioned in the COTUS. Dave made a bold statement, and I am looking for him to back it up. If he can't, perhaps you could help him.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Friend, my reading comprehension is fine. Your defense of Dave is admirable though. The claim made wasn't about acknowledging the impact of Christianity. In fact, the word Christian or Christianity isn't even mentioned in the COTUS. Dave made a bold statement, and I am looking for him to back it up. If he can't, perhaps you could help him.

Do you like playing devilsadvocate or something
Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Do you like playing devilsadvocate or something
It surely would seem that way. I do enjoy learning, and hope to learn something from everything I do. Life is a big lesson. My replies are all with good intentions and in good spirits. Life is too short to let an internet debate lead to animosity.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
It surely would seem that way. I do enjoy learning, and hope to learn something from everything I do. Life is a big lesson. My replies are all with good intentions and in good spirits. Life is too short to let an internet debate lead to animosity.
Nice try, but noone is buying that. Your just playing devilsadvocate again