Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,097
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Considering that I opened my home up to you during your first States trip and allowed you to stay with me for two whole weeks, I find this comment incredibly ironic and more than a little bit insulting.

Homosexuals are sick, not criminals. They need psychological counseling to cure this illness, which is never going to be possible as long as we're not even allowed to recognize it as a mental illness.
Do you remember what you said to me on the way home from your Church Nathan?

Yes you let me stay with you, and I am eternally Greatful to you for that...but you recall that I said to you on the way back after that discussion session that focused on your relationship with your Father...that I didnt feel it had been appropriate to tell them I was gay...you told me you were glad I had not said anything because if I had, I would have found myself put up in a hotel.

I guess being associated with me in close quarters is fine, because you know I'm not going to pounce on you or anything...but only fine so long as others in a Christian setting DO NOT KNOW the truth of my orientation.

Now I didnt find that insulting...because I can understand that, and I didnt want to make you feel uncomfortable...what I said about the treatment of gays in Assylums in this thread is true, and actually happened in England. I've been for counselling I dont know how many times...I have never tried psycho-sexual therapy or hypnotism though...one sounded dangerous, the other was far too expensive

I hope you dont hate me for what I wrote. I might have blown it out of proportion slightly...but that was to get you to recognise the point I'm trying to make. Not to insult you. I consider you one of my best friends on here actually (now that really might be ironic and insulting depending on how you take it )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I thought they should be locked up.
I always had a hunch you were out to get me



thats such a scary thought I try not to think about it

Well I still like you anyway
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-24-2010, 01:41 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
1) niether is the inability to follow orders. If someone higher up the tree tells you to share rooms with a gay guy, you share rooms with a gay guy. Its really extremely simple
Again, spoken like someone who has never served in the military.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I think they should of left it as it was.

But to be honest I know this has been passed into law but seriously how many will live out openly. I mean it is impossible to police everything and surely the banter will ensure people stay quiet on the subject.

no one likes a troublemaker and they will find themselves isolated soon enough.

I can only imagine some of the banter going round the barracks now with soldiers heckling one another saying that "they can come out now".

Everyone will be cracking jokes and your going to feel stupid making a big show and dance about being gay in such a macho lads atmosphere.

Bump
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Spoken like someone who has never served in the military. If this was true, then no one would qualify for military service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Again, spoken like someone who has never served in the military.
Enlighten me... help me understand. When you're in the military which orders are you obligated to follow? The ones given to you by people you like? People you align yourself with politically? Spiritually? Did they start segregating soldiers in common interest groups recently so only like minded soldiers are near each other?

You do realize in your 10 year career you've no doubt taken orders from a gay person..

You've probably slept in the same room as one!!

Good gracious I bet a gay man has probably seen you naked Nate!

But............................................... .................................................. ..

life went on right? The military still functioned right? Orders were still carried out right?

Amazing!



Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Homosexuality is an unnatural perversion and those who practice it know this. They are living a lie and deep down they recognize that, so they are at war with their own minds.
Spoken like somebody who is completely ignorant of the subject. Your lack of understanding of who homosexual people are and how they function is sad really.

Homosexuality is a sin. ALL sin separates us from God. Satan is described as a deceiver, the Father of Lies... sin is related to darkness throughout Scripture. To think for a minute that all gay people are walking around with a clear understanding of the Truth and are just choosing to ignore it is ridiculous. I'm sure there are some that aren't deceived and walk in that lifestyle willingly but it's unrealistic to think they all do.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
In Romans 1:28, the Bible describes the homosexual mind as a "depraved mind." Thus, it's not logical to assume that a practicing homosexual can ever have a truly healthy mental state.
Can anybody who's separated from Christ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I wonder where as a society we would be if Christians spent as much time praying for homosexuals as they do condemning them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I don't know, but I sometimes wonder where we as a society would be if Christians actually stood up for truth, no matter how unpopular:
Does it have to be one or the other?

What truth do you want us to stand up for? That ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God?

We can't just stand up for the truth in Scripture that justifies how we feel about a subject and ignore the rest of the truth can we?

You claim that all homosexuals know they are living a lie... well what does you pointing that out to them help? If a man is drowning in the ocean and all we do is point and say "hey, you're drowning" then shame on us!!!

Finding fault in people and showing them the "truth" about their actions is easy. Loving them, TRULY loving them in spite of it is hard.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Again, spoken like someone who has never served in the military.
Stopped short of saying I was wrong though, didnt you Nathan.

You dont need to serve in order to understand basic principles like you do what your told.

Secondly...I might know more about the Military then you think, both from Study (particularly Military Ethics and Strategy) to others, like knowing people who are in the Military and having spoken to them about it. Most of my Teachers throughout my education were Ex-Forces, The discipline required of each person was quite spectacular...its even more like a Military School now. I have a Sister who works in the Army Foundation College (she used to work in a Prison) I live in close proximity to Menwith Hill Airbase (Its a U.S listening Station, I think part of Starwars infact)

I'm also an Extreme J on the myres-Briggs...I know all about codes, taxonomies, rules, structure, routine, regulation.

I dont pretend to be an expert on it...but simple things like doing what you are told and not complaining about it...thats not difficult to understand. The Chain of Command and following Orders is an easy concept to grasp...and because they do what needs to be done, and what they are told to do, and they risk everything to do that, I admire them....

...and I admire you, even if I dont aggree with you all the time, and even if you hate me for what I say sometimes...I hope you recognise that Nathan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Okay time for the Devils advocate here.

1. There is a reason people like Ron Paul voted for this it is called the US Constitution. It is a voulenteer army and we should have all the same right under the law regardless of Race, Religion, or sadly choice of sexual partners. Till they amend the constitution to prohibit such an act they should have the exact smae rights under the US Constitution. Plain and simple. DOes nto mean we have to like it since it is a choice and not biological like race. But we forget religion is also a choice and frankly I would not want them banning Christian from the military because some solider was incomfortable because their room mate was a bible fearing, praying, saint of God.

2. I agree it destroys morale and it will. It took years before morale improved after they desegregated. But people will get used to it and will move on. They should however be required to say they are gay and be sperrated just as the Women are in sleeping arrangements and such.

3. No for my personal opinion- It is horrible and this is exactly what happened to Rome before the empire was destroted Welfare and gay military. History will repeat itslef and America will crumble apart form a revival of The Great Awakening magnatiude.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-24-2010, 05:11 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
1) niether is the inability to follow orders. If someone higher up the tree tells you to share rooms with a gay guy, you share rooms with a gay guy. Its really extremely simple
I don't need to know he's gay....and you telling me he's gay, and that I have to sleep in the same room with him, just made me uncomfortable....see how that works?

(not saying that's how I personally feel, but that's how a lot of people feel)

Quote:
2) The problem isnt so much talking about it, as having to hide it. I wouldnt reccomend deep discussions, I just think that if someone is exposed that they shouldnt get in trouble for it. that now wont happen.
Nobody got in trouble for being exposed unless THEY openly exposed it (at least that I've heard of).

Quote:
3) I aggree. But living in fear can do more damage the