Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:42 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Your also not there to complain are you? Like, to follow orders, not to question them, if someone tells you to share a room with a gay guy...they probably arent asking you...they are telling you.
However, being forced to follow orders that violate our values and morals does nothing but destroy troop morale and turns potentially good soldiers into disgruntled, angry soldiers. And when everyone is carrying around a rifle and hundreds of rounds of live ammunition, that's not something you want.

The "homosexual lifestyle" is a choice made by someone with a mental disorder. That's all it is. We don't need to be putting the security of our armed forces and our nation at risk because people are too afraid to tell homosexuals the truth about their mental illness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
because gay solders cant march they skip


Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yes, I believe that homosexuals should NOT be allowed to serve in the Armed Forces.
I don't think they should be allowed either. However I value your opinion more than my own because you lived in the situation.


Nate do men and women bunk together? Do they shower together? What are the other ways that men are women are kept seperate?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-23-2010, 02:17 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
but why would they ask that

Its not important for the job at hand is it?? ...perhaps if they spent less time asking silly questions, and more time actually allowing members of the Military to get on with their job, then things might run more effectively.

Also...I do think that as grown men, really, they should be able to work out bunking scenarios. I know they are paid to fight and not to be diplomats...but if you have to live in close quarters with someone else, you have to learn to negotiate and to bear with certain things you might not like...its really a matter of maturity I feel.
It's not about maturity it's about trust.

If you've never served in the military, then it's really difficult to explain it to you. I spent over 10 years in the military and was stationed in hazardous duty areas like Bosnia and Croatia. However, even though I've been shot at, I've never actually been in combat. I've felt that bond of brotherhood that comes from living in a danger zone with other guys, however, I've never experienced the true bond of brotherhood that comes only to men who fight in combat. So I can only go by what I've been told by those guys who have actually fought on the battlefield and what I've read in books, like Marcus Luttrell's.

It's about being able to completely entrust your life to the guy next to you. An intimate bond that's required for men to fight side by side in combat. However, the homosexual mind is more likely to pervert that intimacy into something sexual, thus destroying the bond and making it impossible for the two men to form a cohesive fighting unit.

Again, it's tough to put it into words, we just have to trust those men who have actually served in combat to know what's best for our fighting forces. If we allow activists to pressure our military into conforming to some nonsensical politically-correct ideal, then we risk destroying the effectiveness of our military.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
Nate do men and women bunk together? Do they shower together? What are the other ways that men are women are kept seperate?
When I was in the Army, women got separate rooms, separate latrines and shower areas. The only time men and women slept in the same area was when we were deployed or on training exercises. I don't know what the exact situations are in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I can't imagine they have changed much.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
damn.. I actually find myself agreeing with Dave????

when recruiters are targeting "the poor inner city" people... you have to deal with what you have...I went to an air show in Sept. And the Army was there recruiting... and the way the soldiers were acting.. when they thought no one was watching... I was almost embarrassed.
What would possess you to be so vulgar with that statement? What are "poor inner city people?" Have you served in the military or do you? If you feel embarrassed you outta go get yourself out there and serve..

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 12-23-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

well, the armed forces is about honor and integrity. Like with anything else, without a moral foundation you have nothing.

That is to say, without the restraint of one's own conscience evil begins to form. That is what we have with society right now. We have tried to compel righteousness via law. But in the process we have said righteousness is relative, so only what is law is right.

Making homosexuality legal, or forcing others to tolerate does not make it moral.

Without a moral basis, we can do what we want as long as we can get away with it. If my desire to please God did not prevent me from murdering, and i thought i could get away with it then i would do it if it suited me. So would thousands of others..... and unfortunately they have and ARE, because we have taken away the teaching of God and Absolute Truth. The law doesn't scare me but God does.

So about DADT? Well, homosexuality is an abomination. So is beastiality, incest, rape, and murder. And that is why they are not allowed in the military either.

How would it be to let a murderer openly serve in the military? Or a pedophile openly serve?

Tyburn, would you like to attend westboro baptist church? The church that is absolutely not a church and not baptist, and goes around protesting and flying nothing but hate signs and rhetoric? Would you please attend and join that church? Just ignore their values and you will be fine.

It's the same thing. You could not support that church any more than i could support the military and those in it that are moral scum, be it murderers, child molesters, rapists or sodomites.

It completely undermines the honor the military once had.

Is the military going to allow gay killers in the military under the pretense that they just have a mental disorder---- i think not


NateR, i would contend with only one thing you said, that sodomy is a mental disorder. Sodomy is no more a mental disorder than murder and rape is. I am predisposed to egging the houses of jerks and a$$holes, and robbing banks but somehow if i do that i don't think the mental disorder thing will hold up. I say it is a spiritual disorder, a CHOICE, that has consequences. Both immediately and eternally
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
1) However, being forced to follow orders that violate our values and morals does nothing but destroy troop morale and turns potentially good soldiers into disgruntled, angry soldiers. And when everyone is carrying around a rifle and hundreds of rounds of live ammunition, that's not something you want.

2) The "homosexual lifestyle" is a choice made by someone with a mental disorder. That's all it is. We don't need to be putting the security of our armed forces and our nation at risk because people are too afraid to tell homosexuals the truth about their mental illness.
1) Morals??? That might be applicable to a Christian in the armed forces, but your Armed Forces arent particularly Christian are they?? What percentage of your Army are Christian enough to use that argument...you might be...but I think lots of the disgruntled will be aimed at homophobia rather then religious morals. Thats why a lot of angry soldiers will be angry, they dont want to be forced to share, or be in close quarters with a homosexual.

If they can not be trusted with weaponary, then they shouldnt be in the armed forces. Obviously there is something lacking in your countries basic training if you truely feel that there is a danger of use of firearms for vendetta or hatred, because they are angry and upset...Damn right you dont want that...you dont want anyone prone to anything like that being in the armed forces in the first place.

2) thats your opinion...and it has nothing to do with this argument.

The basis of this is that some army people might be forced to do something they dont like. They are in the Military, they should be used to that! They should have been taught to put their personal feelings aside and get on with their job...They are Men, not Children.

oh...and here is the laugh of it...there have been gays in your military for years...but thats okay?? So long as you dont hear, you can brush it under the carpet and morale is high?? Do you guys really live that kinda delussion?? "I cant see it, so it doesnt exist"

Nobody is asking anyone in the Military to do anything sexual. Nobodies rights will be violated...and as GOD grants free choice to those who choose that ligfestyle, so should your Nation. Really! this is such a non issue, to those who just want to get on with their job.

Its not like you will have a bunch of screaming Queens join up!! It just means that guy, who you always thought might be a bit that way inclined, doesnt need to looose his job if he accidently lets slip that your correct.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
1) Morals??? That might be applicable to a Christian in the armed forces, but your Armed Forces arent particularly Christian are they?? What percentage of your Army are Christian enough to use that argument...you might be...but I think lots of the disgruntled will be aimed at homophobia rather then religious morals. Thats why a lot of angry soldiers will be angry, they dont want to be forced to share, or be in close quarters with a homosexual.

If they can not be trusted with weaponary, then they shouldnt be in the armed forces. Obviously there is something lacking in your countries basic training if you truely feel that there is a danger of use of firearms for vendetta or hatred, because they are angry and upset...Damn right you dont want that...you dont want anyone prone to anything like that being in the armed forces in the first place.

2) thats your opinion...and it has nothing to do with this argument.

The basis of this is that some army people might be forced to do something they dont like. They are in the Military, they should be used to that! They should have been taught to put their personal feelings aside and get on with their job...They are Men, not Children.

oh...and here is the laugh of it...there have been gays in your military for years...but thats okay?? So long as you dont hear, you can brush it under the carpet and morale is high?? Do you guys really live that kinda delussion?? "I cant see it, so it doesnt exist"

Nobody is asking anyone in the Military to do anything sexual. Nobodies rights will be violated...and as GOD grants free choice to those who choose that ligfestyle, so should your Nation. Really! this is such a non issue, to those who just want to get on with their job.

Its not like you will have a bunch of screaming Queens join up!! It just means that guy, who you always thought might be a bit that way inclined, doesnt need to looose his job if he accidently lets slip that your correct.
Who or what a person screws has no business in with an armed forces members daily job. Therefore allowing them to actively engage in a lifestyle of homosexuality is opening a can of worms that should not be opened... Don't ask! Why? It's no ones business.. And don't tell! Why? No one wants to know! Do your job end of story gay or straight. This is not an anti-gay campaign Tyburn.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
However, the homosexual mind is more likely to pervert that intimacy into something sexual, thus destroying the bond and making it impossible for the two men to form a cohesive fighting unit.
No its not.

Choosing Sexuality as the basis of who to trust is the most riddiculous and stupid thing I have ever heard anyone say.

You dont know the first thing about homosexuality, so why you suddenly know about how the homosexual mind twists brotherhood into something sexual is beyond me. Up until a week ago, you didnt seem to realize some gays live completely mognamously, for years!! Now you assume because they are gay, everysingle man they look at they want to rape or something???

Thats like saying men and women cant work together, because the man just thinks of sex all day long.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
This is not an anti-gay campaign Tyburn.
yes it is...because if a hetro accidently lets slip...he doesnt get punished does he.

Sure you shouldnt be flaughnting your sexuality...but there is a difference between flaughting, and living in fear that someone will discover the truth and hate you for it.

So now...regardless of what sex you find attractive, noone needs to worry that they will get into trouble. Now maybe the homosexuals can stop being anxious about getting into trouble and concentrate on their jobs, and perhaps the hetrosexuals can just leave the homosexuals alone and get on with their jobs also.

Honnestly...the fact that this is even an issue in such an important environment is outrageous...havent your soldiers and your government got anything better to do, then worry about if the person next to them is gay, or worry about being outted.

For goodness sake! its like a bloody school playground!!! I do hope our Military isnt like yours in that respect.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.