Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:46 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i gained a lot more respect for kos after this fight ... it's weird to say that after someone gets a beatdown for 25 straight minutes, but he did well ... hopefully his orbital isn't broke and he is only out for a little while ...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"UFC welterweight contender Josh Koscheck suffered a broken orbital bone during the first round of his championship fight versus Georges St. Pierre (21-2) Saturday night in Montreal, a source told ESPN.com.

Koscheck (15-5) was released from a Montreal-area hospital Sunday afternoon, according to his trainer, Bob Cook. He cannot fly home to San Jose, Calif., because an air pocket formed behind the broken orbital bone, making air travel dangerous. UFC officials arranged for Koscheck and Cook to drive Sunday afternoon from Montreal to Boston, where the 33-year-old fighter is expected to undergo surgery Monday or Tuesday.

"We're going to have a much better sense of the injury when we get to the States," Cook said. "We'll get it checked down there. Hopefully he can have the surgery there and head home as soon as possible."

St. Pierre, who went on to win a unanimous decision after five rounds, shut Koscheck's right eye in the opening round in front of 23,152 wildly partisan supporters inside the Belle Centre with a lunging jab. The 29-year-old champion attacked the right side of Koscheck's face the remainder of the bout with quick jabs and powerful left hooks. A ringside physician nearly called the bout at the end of the third round, however Koscheck was allowed to continue fighting.

Josh Gross covers mixed martial arts for ESPN.com."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
hopefully his orbital isn't broke and he is only out for a little while ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
"UFC welterweight contender Josh Koscheck suffered a broken orbital bone during the first round of his championship fight versus Georges St. Pierre (21-2) Saturday night in Montreal, a source told ESPN.com.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Not a classic fight but a good one none the less.

You've got to say who can beat GSP. He is dominating everyone. He is mentally in the game, game plan to perfection, disciplined.

Great respect for Kos. What could he do - he tried and was game.

What next - GSP could maybe beat one more and then should abdicate and chase the 185 division with his whole heart.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-13-2010, 11:53 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I didn't see this thread before the fight. No GSP hate here. I think he's a great champion and very good for MMA.

This isn't any disprespect to Matt. He had the most impressive championship run of all but nobody can reign forever. It's GSP's turn now and I think he's very worthy.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I didn't see this thread before the fight. No GSP hate here. I think he's a great champion and very good for MMA.

This isn't any disprespect to Matt. He had the most impressive championship run of all but nobody can reign forever. It's GSP's turn now and I think he's very worthy.
Agreed! GSP is dominating the WW division for the time being.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-13-2010, 03:51 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Agreed! GSP is dominating the WW division for the time being.
Agreed and he is a Stand up guy to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.