Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 12-07-2010, 09:38 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
They are AWESOME for running brother.. not only can you run but they will help you run farther and faster....

They're pretty cool.
Ummm, no Italian shoe could do that. You must be thinking of PF Flyers:

Also, I'm stealing you sig because I'm too lazy to edit my own pic down to size.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:49 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I want to hear about Karo.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:17 PM
County Mike

It was great meeting everyone. So glad I could be included.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:55 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

very good meeting you mike. I bare a striking resemblance to matt hughes don't you think?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:56 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
very good meeting you mike. I bare a striking resemblance to matt hughes don't you think?
Yes, you certainly do. I think Phillips was stalking me though. Every time I looked over my left shoulder, there she was.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 AM
philips4

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Yes, you certainly do. I think Phillips was stalking me though. Every time I looked over my left shoulder, there she was.
Don't blame me, that restraining order you got against me doesn't apply in Detroit! Does that mean you didn't see me hiding out behind the bushes that one night?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
Don't blame me, that restraining order you got against me doesn't apply in Detroit! Does that mean you didn't see me hiding out behind the bushes that one night?
The bushes right outside my bathroom? I thought I heard something but when I got out of the shower and looked out the window, I didn't see anyone. That's why I left the blinds up. ;)
Don't make me call the police again. Stalk from a distance and we're all good.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:59 PM
SteveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I want to hear about Karo.

Same here!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:02 PM
SteveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Ok.. so I'm a little late...

I know you're going to laugh but I've truly agonized about writing about what happened on my UFC 123 trip to Detroit. It was an amazing trip but there was just SO MUCH that happened I'm torn between writing the longest recap ever or making a short version and risking leaving something or somebody out.

I guess I'm going to try and compromise and just hit on the highlights of my trip... both people and events... but mostly the people because they truly were the highlight of my trip...

FRIDAY:

I got up at the butt crack of dawn (3am) to catch my flight. The flight was uneventful with the exception of people snickering at my painted toenails. (Don't ask) I had no idea that my feet or choice of shoes http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...TOKEN=76349573 would be such an issue, but they were!!

So I arrive at this cute, tiny little airport in Flint Michigan and see Ben waiting for me. Now a word about BEN: Awesome guy with a huge heart. Funny, smart and just easy to hangout with... he totally took care of me, let me crash in his hotel room and drove me around INCLUDING picking me up and dropping me off at the airport. He went way, way beyond what he needed to and is a great example of how good some of the people on here are.

The Q&A & Weigh Ins were great. I got a chance to finally meet Mark and Bryan and see Boomer and Nate again. The Q& A and weigh ins were fun and from there we went to dinner at a restaurant where quite a few of the fighters were having their post weigh in dinner including Matt and the guys from the Hit Squad. So dinner was fascinating. I sat with Ben, Bryan and Mark and Nate for a few minutes before he got "bumped" up to the grown up table. I made one observation at dinner that I think it worth noting. While we were there we saw Machida's camp (Never confirmed if Lyota was or wasn't there) having dinner. There were about 8 people in that camp I believe. Near them was Lauzon (sp?) and his camp of about 12 people or so. Now the next 2 observations speak volumes... Karo was there... with 1 other person and Matt was there with about 20-30 people. You see you can tell a lot about somebody by who they surround themselves with. And Matt was surrounded by a BUNCH of people, not just people though... friends and family. And here I was.. a fly on the wall who felt fortunate to just be in the area taking it all in. Matt was nice enough to come over and say Hi to us and visit briefly which was amazing considering it was the eve of a HUGE fight and here he was surround by his "inner circle".

After the dinner and our rousing game of "guess the sex of your busser" we went back to the hotel. Later we joined Mark and Emily and the rest of the group including Steve and Lynsey. If I have 1 regret from this trip it was not spending more time with Steve & Lynsey. They just seemed like really, really good people and I truly hope to visit with them again soon someday. Hanging out with the group at the hotel was fun but I really felt out of place. I'm a city boy and always have been so I didn't have too much to contribute to the conversations about hunting or farming. I texted my wife and told her I felt a little out of place and she replied "just tell them you killed something and you'll fit right in".. I got a kick out of that.

Thanks for the mention Chuck Lynsey and I wish we were able to talk more with you. Lynsey mentioned later that she enjoyed talking to you at the after party. When we make it down to Flordia sometime in the future, we'll be sure to stop by and visit

Again, this was an amazing experience, as recapped in everyone's UFC123 tales...and I look forward to the next time we get to have more of these tales !!