Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL that line was Priceless and a little unexpected I laughed my a$$ off when I heard her say it!!

Chuck the scars on Chibs Face are real I dont think they have anything to do with the IRA. If you remember he is the crazy Irish guy in BRAVE HEART and he has does intense scars on his face
In an earlier episode, Chibs says that Jimmy O' gave him those scars. I'm pretty sure Chibs slicing Jimmy's face was meant to be some type of payback. Don't know if it has any Irish gangland meaning though.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Chuck: Stahl made the club think that Opie was a traitor and giving the FBI info on the club. The club put a hit on Opie and accidentally killed his wife instead (Tigg was the shooter). Opie found out and knew that Stahl was behind the deception. He even confronted Stahl once before about it. That's why she was so scared. She knew how much he blamed her for Donna's death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LOL that line was Priceless and a little unexpected I laughed my a$$ off when I heard her say it!!

Chuck the scars on Chibs Face are real I dont think they have anything to do with the IRA. If you remember he is the crazy Irish guy in BRAVE HEART and he has does intense scars on his face
Mike: Hey bro!! Yeah I remember all that stuff.. I mean I know I'm old, but I'm not that OLD!!! There is a specific scene where Stahl is talking to Opie about Donna's death... she says something to Opie about wondering how Donna must have felt? Something like that.. so when Opie said to Stahl "This is how she felt" right before he killed her it was a deliberate line in response to something Stahl said to him earlier in the season. I just can't remember when/what.

Javier: Bro you just keep getting cooler in my book.. a Steeler fan, a Hughes fan, SOA fan and a GSP fan.... I like it brother!!! I know the scars are real but it seemed to me that Chibs cut Jimmy in the exact same way as the scars on his face. I was trying to figure out if maybe Sutter did that on purpose. I can't remember exactly if they ever explained Chibs scars on SOA or not. Heck I'll be honest.. I missed the episode where he was introduced to the series so I really don't even know how he got there.. I know he came from Ireland but I never understood if he came over from the Belfast charter of SOA or if he was former IRA AND a part of the SOA Belfast.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Mike: Hey bro!! Yeah I remember all that stuff.. I mean I know I'm old, but I'm not that OLD!!! There is a specific scene where Stahl is talking to Opie about Donna's death... she says something to Opie about wondering how Donna must have felt? Something like that.. so when Opie said to Stahl "This is how she felt" right before he killed her it was a deliberate line in response to something Stahl said to him earlier in the season. I just can't remember when/what.

Javier: Bro you just keep getting cooler in my book.. a Steeler fan, a Hughes fan, SOA fan and a GSP fan.... I like it brother!!! I know the scars are real but it seemed to me that Chibs cut Jimmy in the exact same way as the scars on his face. I was trying to figure out if maybe Sutter did that on purpose. I can't remember exactly if they ever explained Chibs scars on SOA or not. Heck I'll be honest.. I missed the episode where he was introduced to the series so I really don't even know how he got there.. I know he came from Ireland but I never understood if he came over from the Belfast charter of SOA or if he was former IRA AND a part of the SOA Belfast.
Ha Ha Ha Thanks Chuck

I know Wikipedia isn't that much of a trusty source but this is what they have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chibs_Telford

"However, when he was thrown out of the True IRA, the group's leader, Jimmy O'Phelan, took his family from him. O'Phelan also scarred his face and told him never to return to Ireland. It is likely that he gained entry to the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club's chapter in Charming, California easily due to the IRA's links to the club's Belfast chapter."

I vaguely remember Jimmy-o Making a comment to Chibs in a very taunting way. Something like "Why that smile on your face".
Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
In an earlier episode, Chibs says that Jimmy O' gave him those scars. I'm pretty sure Chibs slicing Jimmy's face was meant to be some type of payback. Don't know if it has any Irish gangland meaning though.
Thats true Mike

I found out ("chib" is Scottish for scar or knife)
Old 12-12-2010, 03:45 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
The scars are real, its called a glasgow smile, its something that happened to the actor years ago, he was a DJ in scotland, was leaving a pub where he worked and someone tried to get his records and coat, he wouldnt give them over so the guy stabbed him in the face, and he almost died as a result of those cuts.

For the series though they used the scars for part of the back story of chibs and Jimmy O. Thats why Chibs does that to jimmy at the end before sticking them into his neck.

Great show, looking forward to season 4
Old 12-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion View Post
The scars are real, its called a glasgow smile, its something that happened to the actor years ago, he was a DJ in scotland, was leaving a pub where he worked and someone tried to get his records and coat, he wouldnt give them over so the guy stabbed him in the face, and he almost died as a result of those cuts.

For the series though they used the scars for part of the back story of chibs and Jimmy O. Thats why Chibs does that to jimmy at the end before sticking them into his neck.

Great show, looking forward to season 4
That's really interesting... it's cool that he hasn't let it keep him from an acting career.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

4th season starts on Tuesday September 7th, and a lot has changed in Charming since the crew got locked up.

Here are some short clips from a special "appisode" that gives some insight into what happened while the Sons were locked up. (sorry for the poor quality, but these videos were only released to those who had a special SOA app on their smart-phone)

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhOflyXvnE8

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCu2d...eature=related
Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

There is also a third part that is on the SoA Facebook page, and it digs into the story of John Teller even deeper with an interaction between Tara and Piney.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:32 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
4th season starts on Tuesday September 7th, and a lot has changed in Charming since the crew got locked up.

Here are some short clips from a special "appisode" that gives some insight into what happened while the Sons were locked up. (sorry for the poor quality, but these videos were only released to those who had a special SOA app on their smart-phone)

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhOflyXvnE8

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCu2d...eature=related
Cool stuff, thanks. Tara looks good post-pregnancy.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Cool stuff, thanks. Tara looks good post-pregnancy.
LoL yup she does

Damn I cant wait for this Season!!!