Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-23-2010, 10:47 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
That's sweet of ya!! I know your not a Penn follower too!! lol... That's cool everyone is entitled to have GOOD or bad taste!!
I like your SIG by the way
Now its two Chael Sonnen fans against the FORUM
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I like your SIG by the way
Now its two Chael Sonnen fans against the FORUM
I did not like him its until after his fight w/Silva that I got intrigued with him. So I started watching his fights on youtube, and befriended his FB.. It's a wrap! On Penns site mostly everyone bashed him and I totally stood up for my man! lol. I even said on my status that Chael and I would make pretty babies~!! LOL. Yes, psycho.. I know..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-23-2010, 11:52 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I did not like him its until after his fight w/Silva that I got intrigued with him. So I started watching his fights on youtube, and befriended his FB.. It's a wrap! On Penns site mostly everyone bashed him and I totally stood up for my man! lol. I even said on my status that Chael and I would make pretty babies
UM

w....t.....f
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
UM

w....t.....f
Lol.. I know..Don't you remember on FB??? My posts? Oh wait.. You went MIA..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I didnt mean Lucky in that context.

I meant, if you are striking, but not with the aim to KO...occasionally you might accidently get a powerful punch that connects. BJ Penn doesnt go out to KO people. He goes out to submit them. Occasionally he might box with someone and KO them. It prooves he has KO power...but until he consistantly goes out WITH THE SPECIFIC INTENT to do nothing but stand and trade and TRY to get a KO...we cant judge just how much power is pent up behind his fists.

Do you follow?

Now, you could argue, as most people do, that Caol Uno prooves he can KO whenever he wants. That is a false assessment...because Caol Uno came flying through the air at him, in a non to sensible manner....along those lines, when he later had chance to stand a trade with Jens Pulver, we didnt see that sort of power.

HOWEVER, if you look at his fights against Sean Sherk, you can see that he can box effectively, if you further that with his fight against Stevenson, you will note an almighty punch which basically ended up being the mother of all take downs during that match. Follow that with Hughes, where you DONT see an Uno display, but you do see him getting caught, and you have a better argument that says BJ Penn has constant KO power, but has never set out to use it alone, specifically.

This will be compounded on IF Penn says that his game plan was specifically to box. If his plan was to go to the ground and try and submit Hughes...then the jury is out on whether that Punch was thrown with the intent to finish, or wheather Hughes was wrong place, wrong time. IF he says his plan was to NEVER go to the ground the whole match and that he was specifically looking for a KO...then you might have put your finger on the one thing that could proove me wrong about Penn at Welterweight IF he can successfully replicate against someone who isnt in a grudge match.

Geeeez, its like I got to give you your own counter argument to mine.

Brock Lesnar seems to be content with shooting for takedowns and not trying to fight everyone with the SPECIFIC intent of knocking them out...

Does that mean we don't know if he's really got heavy hands?

You contradict yourself when you say getting a knockout proves he has knockout power, but then say we don't know how much power is in his hands until he intentionally gets a knockout.

It's like you are grasping for a reason to knock BJ.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.