Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Preparation for UFC 123

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
I've had a great training camp getting ready for BJ. I split my time between Salt Lake City and the HIT Squad. As most of you know, Jeremy is one of the great grapplers when it comes to fighting. Also, Matt Pena now lives out in Salt Lake, so he's come up with the game plan I'm going to use on my feet. Back at the HIT Squad it's been good. Since Brian (Foster) is getting ready to fight on the same card the training has been hard. So I've had some great partners to help me out here at home. I really believe that my body's ready both physically and mentally for this fight.

Here're my sponsors for this fight. I ran out of room, so I had to take Dale's Harley Davidson off of my banner for now; but I'll pick them back up next time. You'll notice some new sponsors and that's because of the hunting show:

Got this emailed to me and thought it was pretty funny, hope you enjoy it too:

Quote:
THE ARROGANCE OF AUTHORITY

A DEA officer stops at a ranch in Texas, and talks with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs." The rancher says, "Okay , but don't go in that field over there," as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me." Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the rancher. "See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On any land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand? "

The rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA officer running for his life chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis bull......

With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he'll get gored before he reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified. The rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge. Show him your BADGE!"
To all the servicemen out there I hope you had a happy Veterans' Day. I flew Matt Pena here last week, and he had told me the day before Veterans' Day was the Marine Corps birthday. So, once again I hope all had a good Veterans' Day.

A little bit ago we had Lincoln College up at the gym and I helped out with the wrestling workout that day. It was a little change for me as I've got out of wrestling and into MMA, but I had a good time coaching. Here are a few pictures of me with the Lincoln College wrestling team and a couple of me just grappling:

Here is the Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Where is another God like You, who pardons the sin of the remnant, overlooking the sins of His special people? You will not stay angry with Your people forever, because You delight in showing unfailing love. (Micah 7:18)
-matt
Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Great blog, Matt, I loved the DEA story!

Really pumped to hear that training is going so great for you & Brian, I know y'all are both gonna tear it up on Saturday!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

TO WAARRRRRRR!!!!
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Thanks for the blog Matt.... Looking forward to seeing you fight in 6 days!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 AM

That was a good one!

Saturday night, you're the bull, and BJ is the one gett'n stomped!

God bless, Matt!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:01 AM

WARRR HUGHES!!!

[
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Primadawn

WAAARRRRRRR HUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHES!!!!