Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 11-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Shane Lee 2

Default You never know when you are doing God's Work

Anyone that knows me knows that I have messed up and continue to mess up as much as or more than anyone out there however in saying that I am without a doubt certain that their is a God in heaven and his Son is Jesus. And he uses the most fallible, seemingly unworthy, or unlikely people to let others know about Him. Something happened to me that I just found the true gravity of today.

Please read this with an open mind and see if you get out of it what I do............
As many of you know I like tattoos and have multiple.A couple months ago I wanted a new one and I contacted my regular place and they were booked up so I looked around and made an appointment at a new place. I actually had two call and something told me to go to the one I did.
I went in showed the artist what I wanted and they got started. Within a few minutes somehow in the midst of all these tattooed up and pierced people God's name came up and a guy that worked there said some stuff like not sure about God and God probably has no use for tattooed, drinkers, partiers, and other kinds of people.
So me not ever really caring where or whom I'm with when it comes to something I truly believe in I started talking. I told him how Jesus was at a wedding and when they ran out of wine he made more and the people couldn't believe they saved the best for last. (traditionally the best came first and when they were drunk they served the lesser) I told him that most of the disciples were misfits and one had been a killer. I told him that Jesus is coming back and will have king of kings and Lord of Lords tattooed on his thigh. I told him how Paul said he does the things he shouldn't and doesn't do what he should and he knew Jesus personally.
I said the thing to remember is that Jesus loves us all and our sins are forgiven through him. And Jesus also said if you deny me on this Earth I will deny you in front of my father in Heaven. I told him I mess up daily but I know Jesus and won't deny that no matter where I am.
I don't know if that got through to him or not. I hope it did cause I found out today that he overdosed last week huffing computer air duster and died.
What I did learn out of this is that God will use any of us in any situation if we let him. God knew he would lose his life soon and he wanted to give him at least one last chance to hear that he loves everyone regardless of our stupidity. Who knows but maybe if I hadn't spoken up he would have never heard those words before his death.
I know everyone has thier own interpretation of what the bible says about tattoos, going out, drinking, having fun, or living life in general but I can tell you without any doubt in my heart or soul that my love of tattoos was used by God to let this man hear of his glory and his love. I take no credit at all cause I didn't plan that, I didn't bring it up, and I had forgot that even happened until today!
I guess what I am saying is that wherever you are, whatever you are doing God can use you for his work just don't be scared to work because you don't really know how important that work might be. If I would have sat there and said nothing that day and then found out this I would be living with regret for the rest of my life.
Don't deny him and he won't deny you!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Chuck

Brother Praise God for you and your willingness to share God's love!! I also hope that your message of the Truth got through but remember you're only responsible for sowing the seeds, the Holy Spirit is responsible for the harvest.

Way to go brother!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:46 AM

Oh gosh, what a story, that poor man. Hopefully, some of what you said stuck with him, resolved some doubts he had about himself.

I think you are a very positive representative of Christianity, Shane.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Thansk for sharing that story, Shane.

[
Old 11-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Shane Lee 2

Thank you all.......