Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Steve Cantwell is injured & the bout has been removed from the card.
I wondered what happened to him. I spent 15mins lying on my back staring at the programme to the page of his bout trying to remember details of the fight

I thought maybe I'd fallen asleep or something
Old 10-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I wondered what happened to him. I spent 15mins lying on my back staring at the programme to the page of his bout trying to remember details of the fight

I thought maybe I'd fallen asleep or something
Hahaha, was the live event that boring???

He jacked his knee up Thursday & they didn't have time to get a replacement for him. They scrapped the fight altogether & his opponent got his show money.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

The Bisping fight was VERY close IMHO. Akiyama was the far better striker, he threw less but he constantly landed....and I didnt catch the eye poke...but we all saw the extra round that occured when he took his full 20 odd mins to recover from Bispings low blow.

...and how the Kongo match was a draw is beyond me. What? both as bad as each other. The main card was actually quite poor, the undercard was excellent....except for Spencer Fisher...my how the mighty have fallen. With his display he deserved to come before half the Cage Gladiator alumni on that card...which was so strange...so very odd...to see the guys who I saw two odd years ago once every two months in a tiny concert hall, appear at the 02.

I used to speak to Paul Sass, he was my first sorta published project for MMAHitPit dot com. Yeah...Jay Gladden kinda snubbed me first...but he isnt in the UFC two years later is he
Old 10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Hahaha, was the live event that boring???

He jacked his knee up Thursday & they didn't have time to get a replacement for him. They scrapped the fight altogether & his opponent got his show money.
It wasnt as good as any of the others I have been to. But the Fan Expo made up for it. That and the fact Paul Sass actually won...shame about Dan Hardy...but I DID stress in my predictions video how dangerous Carlos is on his feet. I said it was a high, HIGH possibility

Akiyama is a psychological master. I dont know if he planned his entrance after seeing the reception of Carlos Condit or what...but he knows how to make the crowd feel so special on his way to the octagon, that he basically avoided the boos completely! The holding hands thing won me over...because it was like he was registering the expected negative attention and bracing himself because of it. Thats know your place, and let the crowd understand...without saying a word...that you recognise who is the favourite but your begging them to give you a chance. It worked.

Noone told me Rich Franklin would be at the Fan Expo btw
Old 10-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Can someone else check this...coz I think ive won

I think me and Ben both got 7, both chose the ending by Decision...but I went for Bisping, and he went for Akiyama...which makes my tie break closer to the truth then his

Can someone else check though
Old 10-20-2010, 12:41 AM
bradwright

Quote:

I think me and Ben both got 7, both chose the ending by Decision...but I went for Bisping, and he went for Akiyama...which makes my tie break closer to the truth then his

i trust you Dave...if you say you won then you won...besides i know i didn't win so what does it really matter who did then.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Hughes fanboy

My worst ever! Think I got 4

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

No, I got 17 right. Where's my belt???