Rochambeau

Jack, again.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

No, they call him Jake here:

Old 09-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Rochambeau

Oh, well, that's good. There are other errors on the site.

I like that they've now given Nick Thompson a beard.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
Oh, well, that's good. There are other errors on the site.

I like that they've now given Nick Thompson a beard.
Yeah, hopefully they work out those little cosmetic issues before release.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Rochambeau

They seem to spend a bit more time on the fighter appearances than THQ.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochambeau View Post
They seem to spend a bit more time on the fighter appearances than THQ.
on some the guys, yeah. Robbie looks like the Imp version of himself. They made him smaller & squatter than he is in real life.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Rochambeau

Nick looks twice the size of him, which isn't right. It should be more the other way around?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Allons-y

5 Reasons to buy the game tomorrow:

Quote:
Create-A-Fighter: “Game Face” sounds like a neat little tool, but I think EA MMA’s Create-a-Fighter mode will be a lot of fun with or without it. Everything released so far has CAF mode looking very well-done, easy to use, and incredibly immersive.

Career Mode: I don’t expect a BioShock or a Mass Effect when it comes to career mode (to non-gamers or casual gamers, I mean a game that excels at story-telling), although I’ve said time and time again that a great career mode would be a key ingredient in the perfect MMA game. Even if EA MMA’s career is just stat management and menu navigation (which is exactly what UFC Undisputed 2010’s career mode was), EA MMA still benefits from its global appeal and aspect. I can’t wait to take my fighter to Brazil, and then Japan, and then smaller US promotions, and then Strikeforce. Unless the game forces you down a set path, fighting all over the world adds a lot of replayability, since it gives you the option of pursuing different paths in multiple career modes.

Download CAFs Online: I can’t stress enough how the ability to download another player’s created fighters online has the potential to infinitely increase this game’s replayability. I say this without a shadow of a doubt in my mind: people are going to be making entire rosters of other organization’s fighters, and EA will either let it fly under the radar or stop only the most blatantly obvious offenders. Expect a lot of “Borck Laznir” and “Greggy St. Puree” type of fighters to begin popping up online for other players to download. Once talented players start making accurate depictions of the UFC’s best, it’ll be like having an entire second game for free.

Gameplay: There is a learning curve for EA Sports MMA, even if you’re a jaded UFC Undisputed gamer. In fact, I think that learning curve may have been why a lot of UFC Undisputed fans have been so negative towards this game. But once I learned how to play it on the control setting that worked best for me, I’ve had some amazing fights in the demo of this game. In just the demo, which was reportedly made from a summer build (meaning that the folks at EA MMA spent several months improving it), I’ve had some awesome fights against the AI on a variety of difficulties. The game mechanics may be tough to learn, but when you spend the time to get used to them, I honestly feel that what you’re left with is miles ahead of UFC Undisputed.

Online: I hated UFC Undisputed 2010’s online mode. Everyone seemed to hate it too, since UFC 2010 had lower-than-expected sales. I could go on all day about why I hated it, but all I’ll say is that EA MMA’s online mode seems far less open to cheap tactics than UFC 2010’s. You can play as the same fighter, your controller rumbles when your opponent tries to transition, reversing transitions takes actual skill and only a few positions can be reversed, there is no “submission charging”, and there are virtually no flash KO’s. Nowadays, most major sports games live and die based on their online modes. Even after the horror stories I had to endure during my time with UFC 2010, I can emphatically say that I can’t wait to play this game online.
Got mine pre-ordered, so I'll be picking it up!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Rochambeau

There will still be those online that quit once you start tooling them. I am pretty excited to play it though. I don't have it pre-ordered; I am hoping to get it close to release though.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Allons-y

It's out today. I didn't have time/energy after the gym lat night to go get it, but I'll swing by on the way home from work.