Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are misinterpreting what I am saying. NHL is a game that people pick up and play and can find exciting because it's more directly focused on gameplay. I never said there was no strategy involved in NHL, but it's nothing like Madden. You can't just throw long balls all game long in Madden, because even against an amateur you will end up getting burned. You still need to know how to mix up your strategy. By default, Football is a game that requires more strategy time than Hockey, it's not a slight against Hockey it's just how it is.

I'm not just saying that either, I have actually owned or extensively played just about every single EA sports game in existence going back to Madden and NHL 94. I realize the new controls in NHL are more detailed, but the game moves a lot faster and is more constant action than Madden is, so naturally more "gamers" are going to find that appealing. Thats exactly why this years Madden is leaner and focused on cutting the game times down and giving more exciting action on the field than in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I like both games and I'm pretty much into any EA Sports game, but I just prefer Madden over NHL in terms of personal enjoyment. I also think Madden's dynasty mode is more fun than NHL's, although they got better last year with the "Be a GM" mode.
oh ok...I agree then

Regarding madden's dynasty, i would agree...I do like be a gm mode though, but if I'm not playing online, I like Be a Pro mode alot(similar to Madden's Superstar mode)

What I like about NHL is that you can take your Pro online and play in EA sports Hockey League which is online team play...You play your position and boost attributes and you can play seasons and go for championships and stuff with your team...It is a very nice feature and adds alot of realism to the game since you only play as one person just like in real life
Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

They did a good job expanding the online on NHL in 2010, and Madden 11 got some good overhauls too, as well as an Online Team Play mode that is basically 3 on 3. It's awesome, but it doesn't incorporate created superstars, although that would definitely be cool. I know the new NBA LIVE is now called ELITE and it's going to have the Be a Pro mode as well.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Rochambeau

I agree with everything you've said, J.B. For me, NHL games are more enjoyable. I used to get a bit tired playing Madden games as they'd really drag on and there wasn't enough action to keep me wanting more and more. I don't at all think they're bad games, I think they're excellent.

I actually was playing NHL 95 last night and I just think it's so much fun. It plays so smoothly and it's now a pretty old game.

Thanks for the tip, matthughesfan21. I don't have any NHL games on the PS3, but I'm really hoping to get NHL 11 on it. So, really, I have no idea how they play or how different they are. I'd really like to try the 'Be a Pro' online. Can you control the goalkeeper?
Old 09-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Crisco

On a side note I'm feeling pretty confident in my Devils this year.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:06 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I used to like watching the Devils when they had Scott Stevens back in the day along with Martin Brodure(sp),I know Martin is still playin,but I don't watch hockey as much as I used to(ever since the lockout really).
Im a Blues fan,but they seem to have that 'Chicago Cubs' curse or something
Old 09-25-2010, 11:07 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Kovy isn't a winner...He puts up big number but he doesn't have that x-factor to win when it really matters...The team looks alot like the team that got swept in round 1 last year...NJ needs to focus less on Kovy and place more emphasis on the guy who can take them to the cup(Zach Parise)
Old 10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Kovy isn't a winner...He puts up big number but he doesn't have that x-factor to win when it really matters...The team looks alot like the team that got swept in round 1 last year...NJ needs to focus less on Kovy and place more emphasis on the guy who can take them to the cup(Zach Parise)
Agreed.

Rough start to the season. MAclean isn't long for this world if he can't figure something out
Old 10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Agreed.

Rough start to the season. MAclean isn't long for this world if he can't figure something out
They screwed themselves with that Kovy contract, they are so tight against the cap that they can't even dress a full roster, a few games ago they only had 15 skaters dressed(18 is normal)
Old 10-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Crisco

All around bad decision.

Kovy doesn't even fit in with Devil's hockey.

We need to turn some **** around NOW