Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

I think I'm rooting for GSP to win in December now...
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2010, 01:16 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,298
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I think I'm rooting for GSP to win in December now...
Only just now? I started rooting for him the minute it was annoucned Fraggle Chia Rock was gonna be his opponent.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Skabrowsky is great.. but the way he was jamming on their knees when he would push them down.. I don't know if that's the best training that can be done.

I would have liked to have seen him "coaching for Ty" rather than just beating up on a bunch of young fighters.
That was obviously a lot of editing over several days. his shorts kept changing colors. I guarantee there was a lot more instruction. he has a school in Paris where he trains young fighters.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
That was obviously a lot of editing over several days. his shorts kept changing colors. I guarantee there was a lot more instruction. he has a school in Paris where he trains young fighters.
Agreed.. I would just liked to have seen it.

EDIT...

I would have also liked to have seen him B-Slap Koz when he was talking about his tats.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 10-15-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Agreed.. I would just liked to have seen it.

EDIT...

I would have also liked to have seen him B-Slap Koz when he was talking about his tats.
Yeah, me too! to have a guy with his pedigree in Muay Thai and not show his training technique was a shame.

Good thing he's a good sport. Pretty funny the look on GSP's teams faces.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Skabrowsky looked like a whiny bitch. If he's so tough why is he not fighting for UFC or Strikeforce? I'd never even heard of him before that episode and we probably never will again.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Skabrowsky looked like a whiny bitch. If he's so tough why is he not fighting for UFC or Strikeforce? I'd never even heard of him before that episode and we probably never will again.
He fights strictly Muay Thai and he's really good at it.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

He's got skills but GSP basically told them not to fight back and the fact that he came out and beat on people was just stupid. If he had just been brought along as a sparring partner and they were told to give as good as they got he would've ended up in hospital.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-17-2010, 09:11 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

???????
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-21-2010, 06:36 PM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
He's got skills but GSP basically told them not to fight back and the fact that he came out and beat on people was just stupid. If he had just been brought along as a sparring partner and they were told to give as good as they got he would've ended up in hospital.
seriously ? that guy is one of the best european thai guys in the world. Theres nothing those guys would be able to do to him on the feet... The reason hes not in the ufc is the reason badr hardi isnt either... Hes a kick boxer not mixed martial artist
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.