Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:26 PM
billwilliams70
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default TUF 12.05 *****SPOILERS*******

Don't mean to step on your toes VCURamFan, by starting this thread, but I really wanted to comment on how much of an idiot I think Josh Koscheck is.

He's like a little kid and I can't wait to see GSP do his talking in the Octagon and shut him up.

Later.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2010, 06:13 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Don't mean to step on your toes VCURamFan, by starting this thread, but I really wanted to comment on how much of an idiot I think Josh Koscheck is.

He's like a little kid and I can't wait to see GSP do his talking in the Octagon and shut him up.

Later.
Hahaha, don't sweat it. I was too lazy last night to expend the energy necessary to type and write at the same time.

Yeah, Kos is coming off as extremely immature & childish. His actions are those of a stereotypical bully: when he loses, he sulks & whines & complains, when he wins he does everything he possibly can to rub it in. You have to wonder what his self-confidence is like.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
billwilliams70
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You also see it when he does his little camera interviews....the way he giggles like he's planning a practical joke at his high school prom.

Now, Phan wasn't entirely impressive in his victory. I thought that Paige would get the victory (before the fight started) but the injury to his hand really seemed to take a toll on him......that or Phan's cardio was that much better.

Later.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2010, 07:10 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
You also see it when he does his little camera interviews....the way he giggles like he's planning a practical joke at his high school prom.

Now, Phan wasn't entirely impressive in his victory. I thought that Paige would get the victory (before the fight started) but the injury to his hand really seemed to take a toll on him......that or Phan's cardio was that much better.

Later.
Paige lost his 3 biggest weapons (jab, right hook & left hook) because he broke his right (i.e. lead) hand & his left foot. Even with his 3 best weapons gone, he still made it a tough fight for Nam. If Spencer hadn't gotten busted up that way, he would have demolished Nam in the 2nd. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed with Phan.

Also, long distance/time endurance running as an effective method of improving one's fight endurance is a long-dispelled myth. To have endurance for a 5min fight, you need to work sprints, not road-work. Not saying that Phan's running isn't important as part of his mental game (hitting the wall & pushing through it, etc.), but it's not a sign that his gas tank is amazing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Well.. Koz.. just can't grow up it seems...

I had some hopes for him when he fought Yoshida. He seemed to be a lot more respectful...

And when he called GSP "a french guy" you know he isn't that "bright"
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 PM
billwilliams70
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Paige lost his 3 biggest weapons (jab, right hook & left hook) because he broke his right (i.e. lead) hand & his left foot. Even with his 3 best weapons gone, he still made it a tough fight for Nam. If Spencer hadn't gotten busted up that way, he would have demolished Nam in the 2nd. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed with Phan.

Also, long distance/time endurance running as an effective method of improving one's fight endurance is a long-dispelled myth. To have endurance for a 5min fight, you need to work sprints, not road-work. Not saying that Phan's running isn't important as part of his mental game (hitting the wall & pushing through it, etc.), but it's not a sign that his gas tank is amazing.
Had no intentions of giving that impression.....it just seemed that it could have been better than Paige's. But, like you said, Paige's three biggest weapons were rendered useless.

Later.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Had no intentions of giving that impression.....it just seemed that it could have been better than Paige's. But, like you said, Paige's three biggest weapons were rendered useless.

Later.
Haha, sorry. Didn't mean to throw a tantrum on you. That's just an old myth that annoys me for some reason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Distance running is good for cutting weight and overall conditioning but Ben's right. You have to work sprints and intervals for fight-time conditioning.

I thought this was one of the better fights, at least in the stand-up realm. Both guys went for it with a lot of kicks and punch combos. It's a shame Spencer broke his hand and foot but I give both guys credit for a good fight.

Kos - still an ass.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Jean Charles Skabrowsky is a badass. I didn't know a lot about him but watched a few of his fights afterwards and he reminds me a lot of my teacher.
I don't agree with his drinking and stuff but man the fact that he did all that and still schooled those kids is impressive. that's experience.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Jean Charles Skabrowsky is a badass. I didn't know a lot about him but watched a few of his fights afterwards and he reminds me a lot of my teacher.
I don't agree with his drinking and stuff but man the fact that he did all that and still schooled those kids is impressive. that's experience.
Skabrowsky is great.. but the way he was jamming on their knees when he would push them down.. I don't know if that's the best training that can be done.

I would have liked to have seen him "coaching for Ty" rather than just beating up on a bunch of young fighters.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.