Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Smile Michael Mass

When I was doing my confirmation class, my Tutor told me that I should select a Patron Saint. Yes we all have Jesus to look up to...but Jesus is GOD...and sometimes when you feel maybe that you are far from Him, a Patron Saint is worth thinking about. The idea is that its another Human Being who has been recognised by the Church for an outstanding Christian Life.

But I dont know like hardly any Saints

So I asked if I could have Saint Michael. They told me that I couldnt have Saint Michael because he was not Human I told them, that they said that I had to choose a saint that was recongnised by the church for outstanding Christian living...and that the Church HAD recognised Saint Michael, and therefore, what was wrong with choosing him.

They told me that the idea was that this human would be good insipiration to me because he was human and had been through the same issues as me, with general life and sin...and as Saint Michael didnt have that, he would not be elligable. I replied to them, that the whole idea was that this person was to be an inspiration, a GODly Inspiration, when at difficult times we felt far from GOD...and therefore I wanted the closest thing TO GOD as that inspiration, and as that entity HAD been Cannonized by the Church, I would not consider anyone other.

The biggest mistake that non christians often make is that GOOD vs EVIL is somehow an even match. That GOD and The Devil are opposites of each other. Its the idea of Ying and Yang. Well there IS an opposite force to the Devil, but its NOT GOD. Because the Devil is a created being, the opposite must also be a created being. That opposite is Saint Michael, who replaced Lucifer at the Fall.

Michael is as GOOD and Lucifer is BAD...now considering how much evil and baddness there is in this world, Even if Michael is overshadowed by GODs higher Glory, it does show you how Good its possible for a created being to be.

I would have posted this yesterday, but the forums are down, so you will have to bear with me. But, Yesterday was the Feast day of Saint Michael. A day in the callendar where Michael is remembered and Honnoured. Its timely that this falls around Harvest, because liturgically speaking the year is laid out to represent the whole of history itself. The Tribulation and Second Coming, Millenial Rule and Armaggeddon are all points in November, before then is the Harvest of the World, Feast of Tabbernackles, and the Feast of Saint Michael, who is the Commander of the Armies of Light. It is said that his name is their war cry, he is the one who will capture Lucifer twice, and the one who GOD sends to kill him in the end. He's also the one who stood up t Lucifer when the power went to his head, and he decided he was better the GOD. Most Denominations believe that Michael is also seen several times in the Old Testament. They speculate that he was one of the group who caused the fire to rain down on Soddom and Gemorah...and also who brought out the family of Lot from the city first. People also thing it is he who got into a wrestling match with Abraham, and tried to cheat when he discovered he was losing.

They dont always give up their identities because they do not consider themselves important compared to GOD, rather, usually when challenged they will act like Ikons and point to GOD rather then themselves, this removes the glory that would otherwise be theres and places it infront of GOD instead...by his words at the end of the match, Michael cleverly almost writes himself out of the episode, so well, another stream of thought has fabricated the ideal of a "pre incarnate, incarnate Christ" (which of course would make THE incarnation completely meaningless, if Christ had already been born and wandered on the Earth...and then dissapeared and been born a second time ...but its made valid by Michael doing exactly what Governers and Generals of the British Empire did, and Litterally Representing The Crown (it makes sense as the Bible certainly portrays him as a being who can fight, and who leads. He is. basically, second in command to GOD himself, outside of the Trinity (and benieth Ressurected man one presumes) the highest created being.) That is infact what the name Michael means. "who is like GOD" I think he actually calls himself "Comander of the army of the Lord" in the book of Joshua...or it could be Daniel...I cant remember

He is also considered a justice of the peace quite often because he is equally shown with Sword and scales. Host are almost ignored in Christianity, but in the Jewish world they are extremely important, and a lot is attributed to them. It is generally considered that each land, has an angel at the top, but not all of them belong to the Forces of Light, either that, or there both light and dark have a general for each portion of land, because they fight each other, according to jewish ideas sparked by the book of Daniel. Angels like Michael speak on behalf of GOD, so its quite hard to know when Humans in the bible come into contact with voices they can hear, like the burning bush, forces that tey feel, like the pillar of fire, and people they encounter, whether they are hearing GOD, or hearing an an Angelic Host that is simply speaking on GODs authority. The Jewish holds to the latter, the Christians tend to write Angels out of existance by claiming the former constantly

If there are myriads of Angels, then we can be sure they are all doing stuff, which means stuff we may directly attribute to GOD, might be stuff carried out by one of GODs aids. It doesnt matter, because they defer by default to GOD anyway

Anyway...hear are some pictures and statues of Saint Michael

Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Sometimes you sound really Catholic. I'm not saying that in a bad way, I'm just saying that some of the things you say sound a lot like what Catholics here in the States say. Some of my best friends are Catholic.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Sometimes you sound really Catholic. I'm not saying that in a bad way, I'm just saying that some of the things you say sound a lot like what Catholics here in the States say. Some of my best friends are Catholic.

~Amy
I'm like a Roman Catholic, without Rome and any of its dogma...but keeping a lot of its liturgy, ceremonial, and style.

Its known as Anglo-Catholic, which means right at the Catholic end of the Anglican Spectrum

I reject things like pennance, marianology, confession, saintly intercession, the church fathers or most of the Saints, Apostolic Succession, The Pope and Vatican

But I keep the liturgy, the requiem and mass, transubstantiation

I also hold the very anti-catholic view of women in ministry, and married priests
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I'm like a Roman Catholic, without Rome and any of its dogma...but keeping a lot of its liturgy, ceremonial, and style.

Its known as Anglo-Catholic, which means right at the Catholic end of the Anglican Spectrum

I reject things like pennance, marianology, confession, saintly intercession, the church fathers or most of the Saints, Apostolic Succession, The Pope and Vatican

But I keep the liturgy, the requiem and mass, transubstantiation

I also hold the very anti-catholic view of women in ministry, and married priests
I'm glad you didn't take offense to my post. Why do you have a patron saint if you reject saintly intercession? I'm not asking to be rude, I'm genuinely curious about that one. The rest I knew from previous posts from you on the subject.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I'm glad you didn't take offense to my post. Why do you have a patron saint if you reject saintly intercession? I'm not asking to be rude, I'm genuinely curious about that one. The rest I knew from previous posts from you on the subject.

~Amy
Oh...I only have one because during the class, the Priest told me to have a good christian as inspiration. Not to pray to, not to ask to pray for you...just someone...like a Christian Role Model who isnt Christ.

I chose Michael because he was one of the few I had heard of, and he is the best